Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 12:31:11 AM EDT
I can't find an old thread about skillet recommendations and links to some online suppliers.
One of the supply links had it where you could buy multiple (same) skillets as a package for a discount.  It seamed to be for restaurant supply.
Also there was a lower cost non stick skillet that got good reviews for durability.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer stainless. Amazon it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
My preference is steel over stainless, Aluminum non-stick pans, and cast iron.

You can buy the rather expensive De Buyer pans at a boutique kitchen store....

OR
Get De Buyer cheaper here
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Skillets?  Cast Iron or Carbon Steel.....Non stick coatings are retarded for anything other than eggs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Vollrath 10" Aluminun commercial saute pans, ditch the rubber grip. Tough as hell. Ubiquitous in just about every restaurant.

Vollrath cast iron pans are pretty good but are not for every purpose. They heat quickly and are outstanding for searing but if making a la-minute pan sauces of sauteing items that need more heat control then they are no the best. Good to have 1-2 on hand. They are thin and nest well during storage. Handles have a weird height issue that can create problems going into salmanders and broilers. Otherwise they are ok.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks there are for Christmas gifts.  Vollrath was the name I could not remember from an old thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top