Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2014 5:48:08 PM EDT
Anyone have any good Pumpkin recipes besides Pumpkin Pie that they would like to share? Has anyone chopped a pumpkin up, and roasted it in the oven?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There are at least two foods I can think of that there is absolutely no reason to bother making from raw ingredients.

Cooking raw spinach down to make cream spinach or a dip (just use frozen) and processing raw pumpkin into puree for pies (Just used canned). Also the decorative breeds of pumpkins commonly sold for jack-O-lanterns  like "magic lantern" don't taste that great. Get the much smaller sugar pie pumpkin if this is something you feel you absolutely have to try.

I am partial to Indian pumpkin curries.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
save the seeds and bake them
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Deer Food
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Pumpkin chili. There are tons of recipes out there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I salt, season and roast the seeds in a smoker.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are at least two foods I can think of that there is absolutely no reason to bother making from raw ingredients.

Cooking raw spinach down to make cream spinach or a dip (just use frozen) and processing raw pumpkin into puree for pies (Just used canned). Also the decorative breeds of pumpkins commonly sold for jack-O-lanterns  like "magic lantern" don't taste that great. Get the much smaller sugar pie pumpkin if this is something you feel you absolutely have to try.

I am partial to Indian pumpkin curries.
View Quote

I can kind of see that point of view, but different people have different priorities and desires. For example, I love to do as much as I can (within reason) homemade. My wife likes the roasted seeds so if you're going to cut and scrape them you already have a large portion of the work done. Just roasted, puree, cook down to the desired consistency and freeze. If my wife didn't like the seeds I wouldn't mess with it because the cutting/scraping is the hardest part outside of cooking it down without scorching it.

That being said, I totally get your position...

As far as recipes: I don't have any specifically, my wife does the baking... but I like pumpking breads, cakes, cupcakes, and other sweets (and of course the obvious pie). I would be down for trying anything though because I have a lot of pumpkin that I need to find a use for because my wife rarely makes me ANY of the above mentioned pumpkin goodies... I'm following this thread to see what comes up...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Pumpkin with oatmeal is good. Throw some cinnamon on that shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. we just use the can though. pumpkin bread is great too
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Dog biscuits for your buddy.  My dog loves pumpkin and it is good for them.

For humans, pumpkin gobs.  Much better than the chocolate ones.  Pumpkin roll.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top