Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 11:15:04 PM EDT
Can anyone give me a good recipe for canning small fresh water trout. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to say that there's something vaguely immoral about turning the wonderous thing we call trout into the home canning equivalent of StarKist.  

Smoke it and freeze it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy that goes to my church wants to can the trout. Something different for food storage.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have to say that there's something vaguely immoral about turning the wonderous thing we call trout into the home canning equivalent of StarKist.  

Smoke it and freeze it?
View Quote
This.

Suckers are for canning. Any suckers in you A.O.?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had canned trout before that was actually very good. The person that made it took whole, gutted brook trout and sugar-smoked them. Then packed them into the jar as tight as possible, filled the jar with a mix of 50/50 maple syrup and olive oil before pressure canning. It was served on rye crackers with trout caviar, creme fraiche and chives.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had canned trout before that was actually very good. The person that made it took whole, gutted brook trout and sugar-smoked them. Then packed them into the jar as tight as possible, filled the jar with a mix of 50/50 maple syrup and olive oil before pressure canning. It was served on rye crackers with trout caviar, creme fraiche and chives.
View Quote
That does sound good.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top