Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:37:45 PM EDT
In particular, I'm looking for a mild red pepper to give my chili "thickness", chipotles for the spice and flavor, and I'd like to get some dried ghost peppers to experiment with. I know I've been referred to various sources in the past, but long since forgot them. I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Spiceforless.com.  Google them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I get all my stuff from http://www.thespicehouse.com/
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't help you with the ghost peppers but the big red dried New Mexican chiles are available in a big bag in the hispanic foods section of  supermarkets, at Latino grocery stores and even at Wal-Mart in the produce section.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to buy fresh ghost peppers - where on earth could I find them?  I use hot peppers to infuse liquor, usually tequila.  Brings a new meaning to "firewater".
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to buy fresh ghost peppers - where on earth could I find them?  I use hot peppers to infuse liquor, usually tequila.  Brings a new meaning to "firewater".
View Quote
I haven't ordered from these guys, but I likely will fairly soon.

http://ghostpepperstore.3dcartstores.com/Fresh-Peppers_c_1.html

At the moment they don't seem to have fresh ghost peppers advertised, but they did a few days ago.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Penzys spices has a decent little bird eye pepper. not overly hot semi smokey.
Check the local Asian markets if you have one, last time I went to the local I LOVE they had a 4lbs bag of dried thai peppers for like 5 bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top