Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 1:35:57 PM EDT
Anyone ever do Pintos in one?
Have to make up some quick for a dinner tomorrow night and it takes 8 hrs on the electric stove I have, damn electric.
Will also have a couple of pounds of cubed deer meat cooking with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I always cook beans in a pressure cooker. Cover very well with water. At least twice the depth of beans. Cook for 1.25-1.5 hours
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
My grandmother almost always cooked her beans in a pressure cooker. Like said above, about 90 minutes or so.

That might be to long in the cooker for your venison though, as in it may turn to mush.

Venison and pintos, huh?

What time? I'll bring the beer  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I've always put cubed venison in my beans, They've always came out great.
I cooked the beans for about an hour, then put the meat, onions,tomatos, and all the rest and cooked for another 15 min.
Venison was done just right and tender.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
What weight on the pressure cooker? If you're cooking the beans, then opening it up to add other stuff, how does that work? (I've only ever used a pressure cooker for canning, so I have no idea how to cook with one...)
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried twice.  Both times, I was unimpressed.  Much better in a slow cooker.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried twice.  Both times, I was unimpressed.  Much better in a slow cooker.

View Quote

Don't get me wrong, I like the slow cooker too for stew and roasts, just not for beans
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What weight on the pressure cooker? If you're cooking the beans, then opening it up to add other stuff, how does that work? (I've only ever used a pressure cooker for canning, so I have no idea how to cook with one...)
View Quote

With an electric, you just have to start over.
Because the beans are still hot, it doesn't take long to get up to pressure.
You don't count the time heating with the digital one, it starts counting when it gets to pressure.(70)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top