Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2014 1:21:13 PM EDT
What will be on the menu for Easter Sunday?

My dad will be making homemade raviolis, and slow cooking veal/lamb shanks with a white wine/garlic sauce.

Were still undecided on what kind of desserts to make. I'm thinking Pecan Pie as well as a Ricotta Pie.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What will be on the menu for Easter Sunday?

My dad will be making homemade raviolis, and slow cooking veal/lamb shanks with a white wine/garlic sauce.

Were still undecided on what kind of desserts to make. I'm thinking Pecan Pie as well as a Ricotta Pie.
View Quote

can I come. Have Easter at the inlaws. Meats from honey baked, salads sides from walmart tubs
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Ham will be the only non-homemade thing at our lunch.

Potato salad made with bacon grease and bacon bits. Homemade baked beans. A million desserts, because all of us love to make desserts. I don't know what else...it's a group effort and some people haven't posted what they're bringing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
So far BBQ'd chicken and rice dressing have been decided.  I'm sure the menu will grow as time goes on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I am smoking a pork butt or roasts.  Up to the ladies for the other items.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My mom usually does ham and twice baked potatoes, along with a vegetable or salad.  She said she'd probably make a pecan pie too.  I'm going to make a trifle, probably lemon and berries, nice for spring and easy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Practicing for a BBQ Comp in two weeks, We have two racks of spares one the UDS, probably served with baked potato's and fresh home made bread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Smoked 16 hams Yesterday today got the baby smoker fired up for one for the family, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and pie, Most done on the smoker :) Parruthead good luck at your comp if there is anything I can do to help you get ready let me know.

Clint

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#9]
wow, 16 hams
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smoked 16 hams Yesterday today got the baby smoker fired up for one for the family, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and pie, Most done on the smoker :) Parruthead good luck at your comp if there is anything I can do to help you get ready let me know.

Clint

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Turkey, macaroni and blu cheese, bbq asparagus, dinner rolls, beer, all of which will be consumed when I get off this 12.2 hour shift at 1900
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
that sounds different, but it does sound good
Quoted:
Turkey, macaroni and blu cheese, bbq asparagus, dinner rolls, beer, all of which will be consumed when I get off this 12.2 hour shift at 1900
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I made a double braided Challah.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what everyone says!  I love blu cheese so much I eat right out of the container!!!  Some green onions or scallions on top with Panko sprinkled everywhere and tasty bacon mixed in.  Jalapenos for added kick but not required.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
wow, 16 hams
View Quote

Yea I own a small BBQ shack I do seasonal stuff like that all the time... here are a pic of 2 of them and the one for today.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#15]
spatchcocked roast chicken, irish-style cabbage and bacon, and a creamed hominy recipe i got from a james beard column that is incredible, although i added portabella mushrooms mushrooms and asiago cheese that made it even better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW they look great
Quoted:

Yea I own a small BBQ shack I do seasonal stuff like that all the time... here are a pic of 2 of them and the one for today.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/843/ymjw.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/845/te4r.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wow, 16 hams

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/843/ymjw.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/845/te4r.jpg

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ham will be the only non-homemade thing at our lunch.

Potato salad made with bacon grease and bacon bits. Homemade baked beans. A million desserts, because all of us love to make desserts. I don't know what else...it's a group effort and some people haven't posted what they're bringing.
View Quote

I ended up making jalapeno-cheddar cornbread as my only offering.  No one ever said what they were bringing, so we ended up with 10 desserts. I swear I'm going to bring sides and veggies from now on, even though I absolutely love to make dessert (and 3 of those desserts came from a cousin who doesn't bake very well...)

ETA: I think there were 33 people present.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#18]
For Breakfast:
Fresh Baked Cinnamon Rolls
Eggs (however you like 'em)
Pancakes with maple syrup
Sausages

For Dinner:
Spiral Ham with Pineapple/Mustard sauce
Yams with orange sauce
Green Beans (naked)
Sweet Corn
Spiral Pasta with cheese and broccoli
Crescent Rolls and butter

No deserts. Really didn't miss them. <shrug>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top