Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 2:49:47 PM EDT
I did a quick google search as well as cooking forum search and I just can't locate a specific recipe I've used before that was posted here.

We've had quite a few jalapeno popper recipes here in the cooking forum, but this one was bacon wrapped and stuffed with cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, and a few other things.

Since I can't seem to locate that post, and there's been dozens over the years, does anyone have any suggestions for an amazing bacon wrapped popper? Either grilled, broiled, or baked. No frying please!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
There was one in GD here.
Another one in GD here.
GD, cheddar, here.
More in Homestead here.
More here.

etc., etc. enjoy.

ETA: Google search "jalapeno peppers wrapped bacon site:ar15.com" .
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Want to try something really different?

I've made a cream cheese and jalapeno-stuffed, bacon-wrapped, pork tenderloin a few times to good reviews. Prior to wrapping the loin with the bacon, I liberally dust it with Cajun seasoning for a little extra heat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
That makes sense to me. Bacon always seems to overpower other subtle tastes. I have noticed this on burgers, and have stopped using it on them, so I can taste the beef.

Those look great, BTW, Zhu.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Can I hit the report button for someone complaining about bacon overpowering other food?  

That looks really good right there.  Probably even better in the smoker too.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My take on jalapenos is that I'm not a huge fan of wrapping bacon around the pepper. The reason is that the bacon overpowers the taste of the pepper and cheese. Here's my take on it: Toast up some panko bread crumbs in a pan. Cook bacon and crumble it. Scoop out ribs and seeds of peppers, fill with cream cheese. Mix bacon crumbles with cheese of choice and panko bread crumbs. Top peppers with cheese/bacon/bread crumb mixture and smoke (or bake in oven) until done.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63218

You get bacon, but not so much that you can't taste anything else.
View Quote

Wow, that looks good.  I think I'll have to try this (maybe minus the panko, those make my wife ill for some reason).
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Try putting a peeled shrimp in them
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My take on jalapenos is that I'm not a huge fan of wrapping bacon around the pepper. The reason is that the bacon overpowers the taste of the pepper and cheese. Here's my take on it: Toast up some panko bread crumbs in a pan. Cook bacon and crumble it. Scoop out ribs and seeds of peppers, fill with cream cheese. Mix bacon crumbles with cheese of choice and panko bread crumbs. Top peppers with cheese/bacon/bread crumb mixture and smoke (or bake in oven) until done.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great idea!
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a new restaurant opening in town... one that will specialize in bacon.

One of the proposed appetizers is shrimp stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapenos. Sauteed in a garlic/butter/white wine sauce.

My hopes are high (I know the chef), but I suspect that the next SC Hometown meetup will establish the validity of the place.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That sounds delicious, but again: Shrimp have a very subtle flavor; I doubt you'll be able to taste it when it's wrapped in bacon. That garlic/butter/white wine sauce will be awesome with it though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the proposed appetizers is shrimp stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapenos. Sauteed in a garlic/butter/white wine sauce.

My hopes are high (I know the chef), but I suspect that the next SC Hometown meetup will establish the validity of the place.

That sounds delicious, but again: Shrimp have a very subtle flavor; I doubt you'll be able to taste it when it's wrapped in bacon. That garlic/butter/white wine sauce will be awesome with it though.

I had some Cajun spiced shrimp wrapped in bacon then battered and deep fried at a backwoods eatery outside Lake Charles La.
It was delicious.

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#13]
jalapenogriller.com
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Atomic Buffalo turds.....google
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
I was down in Port Isabel, TX this week and we hit a seafood place down by the pier.  They had a dinner plate of the same type of item.  Oh wow, it was good.

I got the Mahi...I had meal envy.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
that picture looks damn good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the suggestions, Zhukov (or rather thanks again since you helped out in my Thai pepper thread).

I pulled the first Jalapenos from my garden for the year today, and decided to try poppers mostly your way.  I skipped the bread crumbs, because I'm not a huge fan of using them.

I gotta say, it's a lot less of a pain in the ass to cook poppers this way.  We loved it.  Easy and tasted amazing.  Here's some mediocre pics:

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I did a quick google search as well as cooking forum search and I just can't locate a specific recipe I've used before that was posted here.

We've had quite a few jalapeno popper recipes here in the cooking forum, but this one was bacon wrapped and stuffed with cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, and a few other things.

Since I can't seem to locate that post, and there's been dozens over the years, does anyone have any suggestions for an amazing bacon wrapped popper? Either grilled, broiled, or baked. No frying please!
View Quote

Possibly that was my recipe you are looking for. I remember posting it somewhere here.

Add about half the seeds from the halved jalapenos to the cream cheese along with thinly shredded cheddar (about 3/4 to a cup per block of cream cheese) and about a teaspoon of garlic powder. Mix roughly with a fork. Spoon into the jalapeno halves, just enough to fill. Into each filled jalapeno half, press a single Lil Smoky cocktail weenie. Wrap tightly with a strip of bacon. You can use a toothpick, but I wrap them so that one isn't needed. I smoke them on the Weber (cool side/indirect heat) charcoal grill for about 30-45 minutes, until the bacon is done. They're awesome.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
So I forgot to wear gloves. My hands are on fire.

But they are delicious.

I followed Zhukov's lead. I cooked my panko in the bacon fat.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I did a cheat meal of these away from my paleo diet

Bacon and pimento cheese stuff jalapeños topped with panko breadcrumbs. 375 for 20min. I think next time pan toast panko before topping or add more to each for more crunch.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top