Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
For my EA work on Tuesday night.  Will be going through my FC tonight.  I'm excited, any advice??
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll be fine and a lot less nervous. Feels completely different to be at least partially on the inside.

Just relax and try to pay attention to more than the 10-20% that I retained
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll be fine and a lot less nervous. Feels completely different to be at least partially on the inside.

Just relax and try to pay attention to more than the 10-20% that I retained
View Quote

Yeah, I had no idea what to expect the first time.  I'm really looking forward to tonight.  

I was told we'll start practicing immediately after for about 30 minutes tonight.  They want me ready to stand proficient for this work within 1-2 months.  Plan is 3rd degree in April, if I keep up my end of the deal.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Relax and enjoy it.
Remember that the FC and MM work is built upon the EA work.
Have a solid foundation and the rest will build quickly for you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Relax, pay attention to the lecture, and don't pressure yourself.  The FC lecture is the best one.

I see you are in South Carolina.  What Lodge are you joining?  I have two FC's from Blythewood that want to see a degree before they take their MM next month.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Relax, pay attention to the lecture, and don't pressure yourself.  The FC lecture is the best one.

I see you are in South Carolina.  What Lodge are you joining?  I have two FC's from Blythewood that want to see a degree before they take their MM next month.
View Quote

Lodge 392 in North Myrtle Beach.  It would be a hike but we'd love to have you.  We eat at 6:45pm
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope you did well, which I'm sure you did.  By now the gavel has dropped.  My men couldn't make it because they start work at 6 am.  We would get home too late.

You are welcome at Blythewood  Lodge any time.  I'm  in the East this year, and I'd love to greet you some time.  Or we might try for your MM.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Things went great last night. The amount of work that was put into that degree just for me is humbling.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope you did well, which I'm sure you did.  By now the gavel has dropped.  My men couldn't make it because they start work at 6 am.  We would get home too late.

You are welcome at Blythewood  Lodge any time.  I'm  in the East this year, and I'd love to greet you some time.  Or we might try for your MM.
View Quote

Thank you for the invitation. I grew up in Greenwood sc. If I'm ever passing through I'll reach out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Greenwood is close to the holy city of Due West, SC.

And by that you already know where I went to college.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Greenwood is close to the holy city of Due West, SC.

And by that you already know where I went to college.
View Quote

Lol, I've never heard of Due West referred to as the holy city.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Things went great last night. The amount of work that was put into that degree just for me is humbling.
View Quote

Work always brings out the best in men of the Craft. Glad that your night went well brother.
Remember that everyone that has commented here has stood in your shoes in the past and had the same feeling..
Behind that locked door you are always in good hands. "Follow and fear no danger."
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Work always brings out the best in men of the Craft. Glad that your night went well brother.
Remember that everyone that has commented here has stood in your shoes in the past and had the same feeling..
Behind that locked door you are always in good hands. "Follow and fear no danger."
View Quote

I've been around the lodge a lot lately so I know how much work went into everything.  Like I said, it's just humbling seeing all that work coming together so I can have a great experience.

The brother that's done my two lectures was flawless both nights.  He's incredible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Only advise I have is pray they don't get into a "that's not right it goes like" in the middle of it. That and the stairs is all I remember from my FC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only advise I have is pray they don't get into a "that's not right it goes like" in the middle of it. That and the stairs is all I remember from my FC.
View Quote

Nope none of that. The brothers were extremely well prepared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top