Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2016 4:03:02 PM EDT
Hi All:
I'm sure you are all aware of the events of the last couple of days regarding events in Louisiana, Minnesota, and Texas. I am attaching a link to Brother Chris Hodapp's blog and a link to an interview which was on CNN with the mother and uncle of the gentleman in Minnesota. The CNN interview was 20 minutes long, but my link is for only the last 2 minutes or so.
I don't know what we, as Masons can do to correct things, but it might be a good avenue for discussion.

http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-brothers-distress.html#comment-form
https://youtu.be/ZuhbAZ6hlH4?t=1326

Please read Bro, Hodapp's post, the comments to his post, and the last 2 minutes of the CNN interview before commenting.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what could possibly be done about that. The man is dead. No one can change that. The account at conservativetreehouse makes a strong suggestion that Castile was a lookalike for a man who did an armed robbery in the area two days before the shooting.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, watch that whole clip he went out about injustice, racist police, bad laws, and everything else that supports his agenda and then he does that ?  If a sign is given at an improper time or place, then you are not obligated to respond.  What he did was improper
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like all the comments support his agenda. I don't see racist intent. I see police who happened to be white (in baton rogue) and Hispanic (in Minnesota) and the deceased are black, failed to comply with officer commands and paid the ultimate price. Also, preaching about racism and then, in my opinion wrongly, using the sign does not require a response by brothers. I'm not sure what we can do as brothers but looking at statistics and facts and make a judgement from there is a start. Without racial intent I cannot get behind any racial bias claims. Coincidence of skin color of parties is upon sheer happenstance and had the skin colors been switched with the same actions, result would be the same, just less media coverage and no protests. (ie. White guy who failed to comply with officer commands, shot by Pasadena white police officer, then anchored by a 12ga held by black officer. No racial intent, just responding to a threat with force)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top