Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2016 1:21:50 PM EDT
Brothers,
       If you would, please raise a glass (in practice or theory) to my father-in-law, Joseph Franklin Terrell,
from Charlottesville, VA, who passed yesterday shortly after noon. He was heavily into the Craft, Scottish
Rite and Eastern Star, and held a laundry-list of offices during his time all over the state.
       He was an instrumental in my joining years back, though I must admit that my lodge attendance has
suffered over the past few years due to my working to complete my bachelor's degree.
       I honestly do not believe that I could have asked for a better father-in-law. We shared a common interest
in books and history, he advised when asked, but didn't interject himself into things if not. He was a great
grandfather to my girls, and they'll really miss him.
       I was there when he passed, and he was a fighter to the end. For the various issues he was fighting
against, the nurses didn't know why he wasn't unconscious due to the dosages that he was prescribed.

Either way, I and his family will miss him, and the Craft has lost a great Brother.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
He's gained admission to the Celestial Lodge Above, where the Great Architect of the Universe presides.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's gained admission to the Celestial Lodge Above, where the Great Architect of the Universe presides.

I'm sorry for your loss.
View Quote

I was going to post this,

I too am sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Sorry for your loss of a great Brother, Father in Law,  and Friend.

Rest in Peace, Brother Terrell.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sorry for the loss that your family has suffered. The best parts of him live on through the family that he influenced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top