Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:29:31 PM EDT
So, I met some gentlemen at my local Lodge this evening and submitted my petition.  The first step of what I hope becomes many.

There is a jurisdictional issue as I live right on the boundary of two Lodges, but technically fall within the boundary of the Lodge I didn't petition.  Apparently they will have to issue a waiver for me to join the Lodge I actually petitioned.

Onward and upward from here.

Dan.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you know anyone from that lodge before tonight?

Congratulations on taking the first step.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you know anyone from that lodge before tonight?

Congratulations on taking the first step.
View Quote

I did not know anyone (that I am aware of) at either of the two lodges before tonight.  I have a friend that is a MM at a lodge in another state who plans on demitting and transferring to the lodge I petitioned.  He had reached out to the lodge prior to me contacting them, and told them of me and my interest, which may, or may not, have helped.

And thanks!

Dan
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the jurisdictional thing set down in GL Code or just historical/courtesy?
View Quote

From what I could gather, and not having reviewed my states GL code yet, it seemed that it was more out of courtesy between the lodges.  I have five lodges all within about the same distance from my home (well six if you consider the location I petitioned has two lodges in the same temple).  They want to not give the appearance of "stealing" member base from the other lodges.

Dan.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, I'm 1 month into my EA work and also had several lodges within the same distance from me as well.
zero issues joining the one i wanted to. Hope all goes well with your petition.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the journey!

We have no 'jurisdictional' boundaries here, but It's cool that lodges look out for each other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top