BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No sir. I will do what I can to save the Lodge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been involved with a few threads about "homosexual" Masons. I am not in favor of accepting men living as a "homosexual" as masons. What about "transgender" women? Next? And does a Brother's husband qualify as a widow?

There are sure to be some interesting Christmas parties in store for Masonic Lodges coming soon!

If you don't want to sit in Lodge with gay Brothers, then you are free to demit at any time.

No sir. I will do what I can to save the Lodge.

Without regard to our differences of opinion, I would still sit in Lodge with you, my Brother.

(See how that works. Egalitarian fraternity as it should be.)
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I am the Secretary of a small lodge in GA. When I received this letter from the GL I didn't think much of this. I read it off at the next meeting and no one seem to care anything about it.

My personal view is that you took a oath before God with hands rested and kissed the (in My Lodge) KJV of the Holy Bible. In that same bible it contains Leviticus 18:22. So you should try your best to live accordingly to Gods Holy Word.

With that said I seriously doubt that we will ever have a openly Gay individual in our lodge.

As a side note. Every Rural lodge I have had the chance to visit in GA does not like the GA GL. Most of them feel that the GL of GA is operated like our Government spend spend spend and increase Taxes. In the past 4 years the GL of Ga has increased our total fees we owe them by 39.53%. Our dues are already the highest in the area at $100.00. With this steady rise in fees we will evenly have to raise our dues to $135-150 to off set the difference. At which point most of our members could no longer afford.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am the Secretary of a small lodge in GA. When I received this letter from the GL I didn't think much of this. I read it off at the next meeting and no one seem to care anything about it.

My personal view is that you took a oath before God with hands rested and kissed the (in My Lodge) KJV of the Holy Bible. In that same bible it contains Leviticus 18:22. So you should try your best to live accordingly to Gods Holy Word.

With that said I seriously doubt that we will ever have a openly Gay individual in our lodge.

As a side note. Every Rural lodge I have had the chance to visit in GA does not like the GA GL. Most of them feel that the GL of GA is operated like our Government spend spend spend and increase Taxes. In the past 4 years the GL of Ga has increased our total fees we owe them by 39.53%. Our dues are already the highest in the area at $100.00. With this steady rise in fees we will evenly have to raise our dues to $135-150 to off set the difference. At which point most of our members could no longer afford.

View Quote

I only know of one of my ties by which I have obligated myself to prevent and sit in judgement of the action of others.  The rest are how I promise to behave and things I will do or will not do.  None of the others stated I would not violate anything other than those ties.  Those vows are between myself and my Brethren, taken before G-d.  Everything else in that Book is between me and G-d himself.  There is no way I can adhere to all contained therein.  I'm human.  As I'm certainly not without sin, the rock is not mine to throw.

Do I agree that homosexual behavior goes against the will of G-d?  Yes.  Do I believe there will be consequences for those that behave in that manner?  Yes.  Just as there will be consequences for my behavior.  Is it for me to make that judgement?  No.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I only know of one of my ties by which I have obligated myself to prevent and sit in judgement of the action of others.  The rest are how I promise to behave and things I will do or will not do.  None of the others stated I would not violate anything other than those ties.  Those vows are between myself and my Brethren, taken before G-d.  Everything else in that Book is between me and G-d himself.  There is no way I can adhere to all contained therein.  I'm human.  As I'm certainly not without sin, the rock is not mine to throw.

Do I agree that homosexual behavior goes against the will of G-d?  Yes.  Do I believe there will be consequences for those that behave in that manner?  Yes.  Just as there will be consequences for my behavior.  Is it for me to make that judgement?  No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nicely said. I agree!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

this. in the eyes of that grand lodge you are clandestine.

obligations as usual are being ignored or forgotten by many on this issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Grand Master of all Mason's in Georgia also decided to keep the change in place.  We were also told that if we travel to a state who has chosen to not recognize our grand lodge that we are to be treated like the Brethren that we are. The States issue is with our a grand Lodge, not us.

If you travel to a state that doesn't recognize your GL, they likely won't let you in.  I think the GM of Georgia is being optimistic.  South Carolina has not commented on the situation, but if our Committee on Recognition ruled that we did not recognize a particular GL we could not allow any member of a Lodge under that GL to enter.  My obligation states that I must obey the rulings and edicts of my Grand Lodge.  If my Grand Lodge says I cannot recognize a member of a Lodge that is under the jurisdiction of a particular Grand Lodge, then it is my responsibility to exclude that Mason from the tiled Lodge.  

That said, I personally don't have an opinion on the root matter.  I don't pretend to put words into the Grand Lodge of South Carolina's mouth either.  I will only say that I will abide by the rulings issued by my Grand Lodge.  But I hope that all Masons will eventually meet on the level on this issue.

this. in the eyes of that grand lodge you are clandestine.

obligations as usual are being ignored or forgotten by many on this issue.

Goes both ways.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top