Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2016 10:17:24 PM EDT
My wife and I are blessed with two Boy's, 18 and 15.  My 18yo has had quite a year.  He was selected to the development squad for Team USA in international trap.  He received his Eagle Scout award, and will be signing a letter of intent to attend and shoot for a division 1 college next week.  

Last week he asked me for a petition, my jurisdiction lowered the age from 21 to 18 a few years ago.  Tomorrow I will present his petition along with one of his friends to the lodge at our stated meeting.

I'm stoked.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats op and good luck to you and your son.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations to you, and to your son. I am sure he is an outstanding candidate. I am equally sure you are extremely proud of the fine young man that you and your wife have managed to raise. It is really great to read news like this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You have every reason to be proud.

Both of our sons are Freemasons.  At the time of his raising, our youngest was the youngest in the state.  His MM was conferred by the GM.  The GM and I did his raising together.

I conferred his Select Master Degree.  When I said, "s i, p y n, a r a m:"  we met eyes and the obligation was gone.  I couldn't have remembered it if someone had a gun to my head.  My allergies started acting up and I couldn't have even read it if I tried.  It took a lot of prompting to get through it.  I got through his knighting as a Knight Templar, but barely.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats OP, I am sure it will be an honor to raise your son.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm debating whether to confer his degree's or sit in the west.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations to you and your Son.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Congradulations
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm debating whether to confer his degree's or sit in the west.
View Quote

Confer his degrees.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, he was initiated on 3/14 and has been working hard on his lecture, no cipher here, all mouth to ear. He should be turning it in some time next week.  I sat in the West, I wanted to take his first step with him.  

We had the Grand Lecturer run a 2nd degree school of instruction yesterday.  I'll be in the East for his 2nd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top