Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2016 11:28:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

You are cordially invited to the 144th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Utah January 28-30 in Salt Lake City, UT.

If you will be in the area and would like to attend any of the events, shoot me an IM or email and I can send you the registration form.

As the Grand Pursuivant this year it will be my duty to ensure you have a host if needed to assist you in getting to/from your hotel and Grand Lodge functions.  Sounds like I will also be bartending in the hospitality suite.  That is an interesting job for someone who doesn't drink.

Installation of Grand Lodge Officers is the 30th at 7:00PM.
View Quote
Wait. Your grand lodge will have a hospitality suite with liquor?  The grand lodge had a duck fit when they found out we were serving sparkling grape juice at our lodge's St. John's festival. Their heads would explode if somebody mentioned drinking at grand lodge.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Shrine sponsors the hospitality room at our GL.  It can get a little, shall we say, loud.

We had a joint Commandery Inspection Saturday with a Commandery 55 miles north.  My Commandery had a hospitality room Friday night.  Every year we have two rooms at our York Rite sessions.  It's basically the regular one for the old people. :)  And ours with all the cool kids.

Hey, it's Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, ours are always at the hotel arranged for the event.

There's no alcohol in "Lodges".  If the Lodge owns the building the entire structure is considered a Lodge.  Every year there is a dispensation for wine at York Rite events and Table Lodges.

Our building is owned by a corporation and the organizations are tenants.  So the Board of Directors set the rules for the building.  All the Edict applies to then are the four Lodges when opened.  GL doesn't like it.  But there's nothing they can do.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats Brother Medic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top