Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2015 2:56:29 AM EDT
Well? Who's gonna be elected for what?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was Master I restarted the tradition of having a Past Master be Tyler.  The new Master-elect has asked me to be Tyler.  Finally, my dream job.  All I need to know are three lines.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's your new job?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was Master I restarted the tradition of having a Past Master be Tyler.  The new Master-elect has asked me to be Tyler.  Finally, my dream job.  All I need to know are three lines.
View Quote

Imagine my confusion reading this until I realized it was the Masonic forum. I thought it was another political thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's your new job?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's your new job?
We will find out for sure Thursday. If it goes as planned I'll be the newest Worshipful Master for the second time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Better question.  How many other lodges get turned into a drama school when a few disgruntled members don't get their way?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Better question.  How many other lodges get turned into a drama school when a few disgruntled members don't get their way?
View Quote

That's why the Master has a gavel.  I sat the District Deputy down one night.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Just elected to the South.  Really looking forward to it as well as trying to prepare for the upcoming degree work.  Our lodge ritual instructor tries to spread things out so I am starting to prepare for the first section of the EA degree in the WM chair.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
wow!!! here in NY the DDCM is in charge even if he declines a seat in the eaST.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The power crew had their hands in the election. After five votes we have a new Worshipful Master. I'm not it

"They" will start to understand how "they" have destroyed this lodge.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Installation is tonight for the four Green Bay Lodges.  We rotate who hosts and PM's always open, I'm SW for opening.  It's an abbreviated public opening so just displaying the lights with a little blurb about each.  Then the job I've waited years for:  Tiler.  :)

We have cake and such afterwards.  It's a big cake with all the Lodge names and numbers on it.  My Lodge is Theodore Roosevelt #322.  The cake was picked up yesterday and when we were setting up last night someone noticed it says, "Theodore Roosevelt #3".  I suggested I'd grab the ketchup from the fridge and add the 2's, but the others didn't think that was a good idea.

Quoted:
The power crew had their hands in the election. After five votes we have a new Worshipful Master. I'm not it

View Quote

From your previous post it looked like you had already been, or were currently, the Master.  Were you trying for #2?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Installation is tonight for the four Green Bay Lodges.  We rotate who hosts and PM's always open, I'm SW for opening.  It's an abbreviated public opening so just displaying the lights with a little blurb about each.  Then the job I've waited years for:  Tiler.  :)

We have cake and such afterwards.  It's a big cake with all the Lodge names and numbers on it.  My Lodge is Theodore Roosevelt #322.  The cake was picked up yesterday and when we were setting up last night someone noticed it says, "Theodore Roosevelt #3".  I suggested I'd grab the ketchup from the fridge and add the 2's, but the others didn't think that was a good idea.
From your previous post it looked like you had already been, or were currently, the Master.  Were you trying for #2?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't trying. They did a fruit basket turn over two years ago and needed two past masters to fill in to allow the younger members to gain some expierience to fill the top three. I was elected SW last year. The vote was so messed up last night. I shouldn't even have posted what I did.

Our new WM has two years in the craft.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wasn't trying. They did a fruit basket turn over two years ago and needed two past masters to fill in to allow the younger members to gain some expierience to fill the top three. I was elected SW last year. The vote was so messed up last night. I shouldn't even have posted what I did.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I apologize for "trying", I should have typed "in line for".

Master as a two year MM is insane.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No apology needed. I knew what you ment. He's a good guy and had a level head on his shoulders. He asked me to sit to his right and be his council. Other states have a position for this but ours doesnt. I will be there to help the line as needed.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No apology needed. I knew what you ment. He's a good guy and had a level head on his shoulders. He asked me to sit to his right and be his council. Other states have a position for this but ours doesnt. I will be there to help the line as needed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Has he been one of the Wardens yet?  In Wisconsin you can't be elected or ascend to Master, unless you've been elected as the Junior or Senior Warden.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Has he been one of the Wardens yet?  In Wisconsin you can't be elected or ascend to Master, unless you've been elected as the Junior or Senior Warden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Georgia any MM in good standing can be elected to any position. He was the senior Deacon this year.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]
The proper implement of my office.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do they have a comfy chair for while you are without the door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s123.photobucket.com/user/psi2006/media/IMG_20151215_183852323_zpszybq4gsp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IMG_20151215_183852323_zpszybq4gsp.jpg</a>

We keep our library in the ante room. The Tyler has plenty of knowledge!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s123.photobucket.com/user/psi2006/media/IMG_20151215_183852323_zpszybq4gsp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IMG_20151215_183852323_zpszybq4gsp.jpg</a>

Yes they do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I'm in the East this year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

FWIW, I'm in the East this year.
View Quote
Congratulations. My year was a total train wreck. I wouldn't trade it for much. We still had the charter when it was over.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Junior Warden this year.  This past year I had to sit as Junior Deacon due to our official one's work schedule going wonkey.  I learned a ton, and try to be at every practice and definitely at every time we officially open.  Thankfully right now my work and personal life allows me to be at the lodge any time we have the doors open and I really like all the brothers.  For some reason they all thought I was Junior Warden material this year.  Honestly, I think there is less going on in that chair than in the Junior Deacon's chair and surely the Senior Deacon's chair which I thought was pretty intimidating.  I honestly think that the Senior Deacon's job is more in depth than anything but the Worshipful's position.  Does anyone else see it like that?

Confession time. Masonry has completely transformed my life for the better.  Thank you to all of the brethren of this site and beyond.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Elected to the South, and excited for the year.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I declined being placed on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Served in the South last year back on the sidelines this year.  Got to love lodge politics
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I am most happily a sideliner this year.  I chair the fundraising committee, assist with the child ID program, and will be discussing with our WM tonight about being our lodges Masonic Home rep.

I'll take another year to see where life goes and perhaps look at starting in the chairs again.  This time at JD and going through them all in order.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I've gone back and re-read through this thread and WOW!  I never knew how good we have it here.

We try very diligently to put the right guys in the line to begin with.  We take great care to bring them along from position to position.  Most of the weeding out takes place as a Steward.  Occasionally, a guy won't make it past Junior Deacon.  Unless you go completely off the rails, or life gets in the way and you bow out, once you're the Senior Deacon and know and perform your duties, you're going to become Master in the future.  Provided, of course, you don't go bat-shit crazy or remove yourself.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I've gone back and re-read through this thread and WOW!  I never knew how good we have it here.

We try very diligently to put the right guys in the line to begin with.  We take great care to bring them along from position to position.  Most of the weeding out takes place as a Steward.  Occasionally, a guy won't make it past Junior Deacon.  Unless you go completely off the rails, or life gets in the way and you bow out, once you're the Senior Deacon and know and perform your duties, you're going to become Master in the future.  Provided, of course, you don't go bat-shit crazy or remove yourself.
View Quote
As it should be.  Unfortunately, it takes a few Masonic funerals to fix some lodges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top