Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2015 8:15:39 PM EDT
This is about as close to factual as it can be for our lodge...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx5d3haRG7M

any Brothers run into this ???
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
With some yes.  We've some that'll say this will be quick I got it.  Then they can't remember any of it and want to argue when the director of work corrects them. What's even better is when the director of work doesn't know it either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That is not how it is here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  Usually we have all the "experts" on the side lines throwing words out.  God forbid you pause for a breath or for affect LOL.  Seriously, Our District is very strict on the Ritual.  I have seen charters pulled for not being able to perform degree work.  We have schools clinics and work shops so there really is no excuse.  In my Lodge, if (when) someone does stumble lot of times we have a chuckle, correct and move on...
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Knowing the words is important.  But, understanding the words is what it should really be about.  I know Brothers that can regurgitate the ritual and by their actions haven't a clue about Masonry.  I know others that simply cannot memorize and are the finest men I know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow.  Usually we have all the "experts" on the side lines throwing words out.  God forbid you pause for a breath or for affect LOL.  Seriously, Our District is very strict on the Ritual.  I have seen charters pulled for not being able to perform degree work.  We have schools clinics and work shops so there really is no excuse.  In my Lodge, if (when) someone does stumble lot of times we have a chuckle, correct and move on...
View Quote

Same here, and we have some old guys that have witnessed so many changes to ritual it's hard to blame them.  If you can't laugh it off and keep moving (IE camel toe ;) ) what's the point?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top