Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2015 11:01:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am ashamed .   I am ashamed for my beloved state of Tennessee.   I can't profess to understand homosexuality.  But I do understand that the Bible I was taught from tells me not to judge.  That is for God to do and he will do it as he sees fit. I truly believe that some of the Masons that helped put on my degrees may have been homosexual.  That would be exactly none of my business.   Either way I maintain a profound admiration for those individuals. And I feel indebted to them for what they have done for me.  That is really all I have to say about that matter.  Other than I intend to pray for all of the parties involved.

ETA. I guess I should pray for myself for having such assumptions to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
And not to be out done, the GM of Georgia has just issued an edict stating you cant be gay and be a Mason

Link to Edict
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
This is going to put the fraternity squarely (pun intended) in the cross-hairs.  Next there will be legal action, the entire thing will be drug out in the media and we'll get two black eyes.

No good will come of it.  And ultimately, I can almost guarantee, that some Grand jurisdictions will loose their recognition from others.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Do you Southern Masonic Jurisdiction Brothers have wording in your ritual or charges, stating that you will obey the laws of your nation?

If so, wouldn't banning gay members be breaking the law?

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you Southern Masonic Jurisdiction Brothers have wording in your ritual or charges, stating that you will obey the laws of your nation?

View Quote

I know my state shows up as Tennessee, but my masonic roots are northern jurisdiction (Illinois).  I wish I could answer that for you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That about sums it up.  Nothing good will come of this.  I don't remember any questions on my sexual preference in the petition, during the investigation or any of the degrees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

That about sums it up.  Nothing good will come of this.  I don't remember any questions on my sexual preference in the petition, during the investigation or any of the degrees.

As I previously posted on a thread that is now locked, the day a sexual preference question appears on my state's petion is the day I will demit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Send me a letter of good standing from your lodge and I'll do the same. We can do the degree line for line. Not trying to be ugly, just gotta know.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Send me a letter of good standing from your lodge and I'll do the same. We can do the degree line for line. Not trying to be ugly, just gotta know.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant do our degree line for line with you.

First of all that violates the First degree in PA. Remember the part about printing, carving, pasting?

Secondly, PA ritual isn't written in its entirety.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

First of all that violates the First degree in PA. Remember the part about printing, carving, pasting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I should clarify. Send me the letter, I'll vet it, and we can do it via phone. Not written letter.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#13]
We can argue the security of cell communication in another thread. I'm a electronic warfare Marine. Modern cell communication is about as secure as it gets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We can argue the security of cell communication in another thread. I'm a electronic warfare Marine. Modern cell communication is about as secure as it gets.
View Quote

That's not even an issue.

Im just wondering if you guys have wording in your ritual saying you should not violate the laws of your county.

Not that I agree, with gay marriage, but if gay marriage is now a law of the USA, wouldn't kicking out a brother for getting married in a (now)legal way, be a violation of your obligation?

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Im just wondering if you guys have wording in your ritual saying you should not violate the laws of your county.

Not that I agree, with gay marriage, but if gay marriage is now a law of the USA, wouldn't kicking out a brother for getting married in a (now)legal way, be a violation of your obligation?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically, yes.( verbiage)  I've had a discussion with a Grand Master as I had a problem with the verbiage of the wording for the installation of officers and the charge for new masons. I'm not going to be a subject of the government of if I dont agree with its policy's. I see that as a direct violation of Free Masonary in America. I answered as my conscience led me to at the appropriate times.

My understanding of my volume of sacred law is up to me. I'm not here to judge, and unless it's a direct violation of Masonic law, Then it's up to the jury for the Masonic trial.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Bible in Lodge. Morality.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am ashamed .   I am ashamed for my beloved state of Tennessee.   I can't profess to understand homosexuality.  But I do understand that the Bible I was taught from tells me not to judge.  That is for God to do and he will do it as he sees fit. I truly believe that some of the Masons that helped put on my degrees may have been homosexual.  That would be exactly none of my business.   Either way I maintain a profound admiration for those individuals. And I feel indebted to them for what they have done for me.  That is really all I have to say about that matter.  Other than I intend to pray for all of the parties involved.

ETA. I guess I should pray for myself for having such assumptions to begin with.
View Quote

Not to judge who is going to hell but how can you say that pointing out sinful behavior is judging? But I guess the world does have trouble with calling sin sin these days.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#18]
All men are the children of God, and I believe that God is kind and loving. As I said, it is for God to judge. I still can't understand, nor do I approve of homosexuality. I mentioned that I believe that some Masons I have met were homosexual. It is wrong for me to judge, or even to assume that someone is a sinner because I think they are effeminate. I have no first hand knowable about the personal lives of the Masons I mentioned.  What I do know is they were fine upstanding men every time I shared fellowship with them. It was me that had failed to control my passions when I made assumptions about their sexuality. Therefore I was the one needing to pray for forgiveness for myself. Other than that all men deserve our prayers. And I pray for their well being because It is what they have earned for themselves through their actions and their character. It is up to them to ask forgiveness for any sins they have committed before their God. If God feels their actions were sinfull he will judge accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All men are the children of God, and I believe that God is kind and loving. As I said, it is for God to judge. I still can't understand, nor do I approve of homosexuality. I mentioned that I believe that some Masons I have met were homosexual. It is wrong for me to judge, or even to assume that someone is a sinner because I think they are effeminate. I have no first hand knowable about the personal lives of the Masons I mentioned.  What I do know is they were fine upstanding men every time I shared fellowship with them. It was me that had failed to control my passions when I made assumptions about their sexuality. Therefore I was the one needing to pray for forgiveness for myself. Other than that all men deserve our prayers. And I pray for their well being because It is what they have earned for themselves through their actions and their character. It is up to them to ask forgiveness for any sins they have committed before their God. If God feels their actions were sinfull he will judge accordingly.
View Quote

Well said, Brother!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Homosexual behavior is sin. That is fact and not judgment. Judgment is if and how God chooses to punish us for our sin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Homosexual behavior is sin. That is fact and not judgment. Judgment is if and how God chooses to punish us for our sin.
View Quote

Sin isn't a law and that's what this whole conversation is about.

Masonry is about a man and his God, not HighLighters  God. Not every man has the same exact strong feelings as you do about how his God may or may not view homosexuality.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Masonry is about a man and his God, not HighLighters  God. Not every man has the same exact strong feelings as you do about how his God may or may not view homosexuality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acts 5:29
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Good
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Once again, and I don't think you get it.... that's your God.   Your God isn't everyone's God, and that's the beauty of masonry.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is precisely why religion is a taboo topic in Lodge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top