Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 8:59:38 AM EDT
Intriguing. I think I am going to break down and buy this book

Amazon Link

Sir Isaac Newton's studies of the Temple of Solomon

Newton was initially interested in the sacred geometry of Solomon's Temple, such as golden sections, conic sections, spirals, orthographic projection, and other harmonious constructions, but he also believed that the dimensions and proportions represented more. He noted that the temple's measurements given in the Bible are mathematical problems, related to solutions for \pi and the volume of a hemisphere, V = (2/3)\pi r^3, and in a larger sense that they were references to the size of the Earth and man's place and proportion to it.[citation needed]

Newton believed that the temple was designed by King Solomon with privileged eyes and divine guidance. To Newton, the geometry of the temple represented more than a mathematical blueprint, it also provided a time-frame chronology of Hebrew history.[16] It was for this reason that he included a chapter devoted to the temple within The Chronology of Ancient Kingdoms Amended, a section which initially may seem unrelated to the historical nature of the book as a whole.

A vid of an excerpt of this book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=223&v=nmoUctC1IAQ
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
newton was a exceptionally brilliant -- genuis -- man.  i've read the book.    mcole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top