Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2015 4:21:55 PM EDT
Just a quick question where do you guys buy your Masonic related items? At the moment I'm looking for a briefcase and maybe a small pin. If you have any recomendations on what products to get I would appreciate the input.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've purchased most everything from JP Luther.  Big items I've got are a ring, my PM apron (embroidered under the flap), my PMIGM jewel and collar, custom toasting cannons and my son's ring.  No problems.  George is a brother and great to work with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for suggestions I will take a look at JP Luther.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Macoy Publishing in Richmond VA.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]

this place has great prices and is owned by a couple of Past Masters.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When would you wear it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

JP Luther doesn't have much in the way of Scottish Rite stuff.  

Wouldn't mind a 32nd Degree SR apron of my own...

When would you wear it?
perhaps he's an officer?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'd frame it and put it in my study...  AKA "the man cave I'm building"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JP Luther doesn't have much in the way of Scottish Rite stuff.  

Wouldn't mind a 32nd Degree SR apron of my own...

When would you wear it?
perhaps he's an officer?

I'd frame it and put it in my study...  AKA "the man cave I'm building"
Good idea for my man cave.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Looked a little more into the sites you have suggested, it now looks like I may have to spring for new regalia?
I'm a member of a lodge in the UK and plan to join another lodge when I return to the states next year.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looked a little more into the sites you have suggested, it now looks like I may have to spring for new regalia?

I'm a member of a lodge in the UK and plan to join another lodge when I return to the states next year.
View Quote
Every lodge I've been to provides the aprons.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Same here in Va.  Each Lodge has a box of aprons, the Officers have the apron and jewel of their office.  A lot of Past Masters will bring and wear their PM apron.  We did have one newly raised Brother show up from out of town, he tough he would need an apron so he brought his WLS apron... We quickly educated him when that one should be one ...

What kind of regalia do you wear in the UK besides aprons?

Quoted:

My experience as well.  We have a box of white cloth aprons available for members and visitors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience as well.  We have a box of white cloth aprons available for members and visitors.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Next thing you guys are gonna tell me is formal wear isn't the standard dress code.

Anyways to answer your question, I had to do some looking around online is I haven't yet been to a US lodge. From the looks of it the regalia is very similar, with the biggest difference being the markings on them. With regards to the officers they wear their applicable apron and a collar with the jewel showing their office.

Quoted:
Same here in Va.  Each Lodge has a box of aprons, the Officers have the apron and jewel of their office.  A lot of Past Masters will bring and wear their PM apron.  We did have one newly raised Brother show up from out of town, he tough he would need an apron so he brought his WLS apron... We quickly educated him when that one should be one ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Next thing you guys are gonna tell me is formal wear isn't the standard dress code.

Anyways to answer your question, I had to do some looking around online is I haven't yet been to a US lodge. From the looks of it the regalia is very similar, with the biggest difference being the markings on them. With regards to the officers they wear their applicable apron and a collar with the jewel showing their office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends what state. In PA Officers wear tuxes, members wear sportcoats and ties.

In WV, coveralls

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

In our Lodge,  officers and participants in degree work wear tuxedos for degree work.  For regular communications, the only ones that typically wear a jacket and tie are a couple of officers,  Past Masters and Grand/Past Grand officers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#19]
In my lodge the dress is Red Head coveralls for all
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#20]
In our lodge for inspections it's a tux or black jacket/tie.

Normal meetings, the first of the month is 'casual' with the 2nd meeting sport coat/tie or suit.

However we will never turn away a member who comes in jeans, sandals, etc.

Never have seen the cargo shorts look though

As to the OP, we have a box of white cloth aprons for all but the officers have (lodge provided) aprons and jewels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top