Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2015 10:13:40 PM EDT
A Brother in my Lodge sent me this article and asked how I feel about Freemasonry accepting open homosexual men and even "married" homosexual men into the Lodge.
http://www.midnightfreemasons.org/2015/07/is-homosexuality-unmasonic.html?m=1

I knew this would become an issue soon enough. The comments at the end of the article are interesting.

To sum up my feelings on the subject?

I would never attend or place my membership in a church that accepted homosexual behavior as normal and I certainly will not be a part of a fraternity that does so either! Be it the death of Freemasonry.

What say you Brothers? And before anyone says that Freemasonry does endorse a religion I ask you to remember to whom was the Lodge erected to and to whom was it dedicated to? Certainly Christian figures, no?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
To answer your last question, one of them wasn't.  Now, to address the rest -

One of the finest Masons, if not one of the finest men, I had the privilege to call friend was gay.  We lost him two years ago.  I can't bring myself to take him out of my contacts in my phone.  The notification popped up last week that it was his birthday.  I cried.  The past two years our Council Degree Festival has named in his honor.  That should answer your offensive question.

What is it with some Masons?  Do you not understand the meaning of what you said in your obligations?  Do they only apply to some Masons you deem "worthy"

We had a man (it's tough to say "Brother" so I won't) come to visit when I was SW.  I went to examine him and he asked, "You allow Prince Hall in here?".  I stated we had recognition and they were more than welcome, but no one was there that night.  He said, " But I saw a n***** when I came in.". I told him he was our JD and that he didn't pass his examination and wouldn't be admitted.  When asked in Lodge why I hadn't allowed his entry I said, "He didn't know his obligation."

As they say in other parts of this site, I don't think this will go as you expected.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To answer your last question, one of them wasn't.  Now, to address the rest -

One of the finest Masons, if not one of the finest men, I had the privilege to call friend was gay.  We lost him two years ago.  I can't bring myself to take him out of my contacts in my phone.  The notification popped up last week that it was his birthday.  I cried.  The past two years our Council Degree Festival has named in his honor.  That should answer your offensive question.

What is it with some Masons?  Do you not understand the meaning of what you said in your obligations?  Do they only apply to some Masons you deem "worthy"

We had a man (it's tough to say "Brother" so I won't) come to visit when I was SW.  I went to examine him and he asked, "You allow Prince Hall in here?".  I stated we had recognition and they were more than welcome, but no one was there that night.  He said, " But I saw a n***** when I came in.". I told him he was our JD and that he didn't pass his examination and wouldn't be admitted.  When asked in Lodge why I hadn't allowed his entry I said, "He didn't know his obligation."

As they say in other parts of this site, I don't think this will go as you expected.
View Quote

I seek no approval here for my views. I am interested in hearing others views.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
A man fee born, of lawful age and well recommended that has a belief in a supreme being and immortality of the soul.  Nope, nothing about who you like to screw is in there, nothing about color, creed, etc.  Denying a man admission to the fraternity if he petitions solely based on the fact he is gay would be just as unmasonic for denying a man because of the color of his skin or the religion he keeps.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know of several good, gay, Masons in our jurisdiction.  Some are open about it, some it's only known to their closer friends.  None push any "gay" agenda type things at any functions.  They are just men, trying to make themselves better men.  I don't have an issue with it.

In your eyes, what would/should make them ineligible to be a Mason?

ETA:  Should we not include a Jew or Muslim because our patrons are the Saints John?
View Quote

Jews and Moslems agree with Christianity on many things, the sin of homosexual behavior being one of them. If a Jew or Moslem was worthy and well qualified and didn't find offence at the Christian-"ness" of the Lodge I would welcome them into the Lodge.  

As part of my interview to gain admittance into the Lodge I was asked questions like if I had been arrested for domestic violence. After a member I know that as part of the investigation the candidate is examined to see if there is any unacceptable character traits or behavior (beating his wife, thief, drug addict)  he is engaged in. Nothing in the Obligation about that? I find homosexual activity immoral and unacceptable and would never be shy about pointing that out. I know I am not alone.

Obligation are taken on the Bible. I'm a sinner but I try not to be. I don't tell God well this is just how I am so there! "In search of more Light" "making good men better" How does that play into a person who has no desire to become better?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A man fee born, of lawful age and well recommended that has a belief in a supreme being and immortality of the soul.  Nope, nothing about who you like to screw is in there, nothing about color, creed, etc.  Denying a man admission to the fraternity if he petitions solely based on the fact he is gay would be just as unmasonic for denying a man because of the color of his skin or the religion he keeps.
View Quote

"well recommended"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Speaking as a 43 year Master Mason, the day I find out that a question is on a prospective candidate's petition here in Indiana, regarding his sexual preference, either written or asked verbally, will be the day before I request a demit.. The same with a brother's comment up the thread about refusing admission to a gentleman because he didn't know his obligations. I can understand the few jurisdictions that do not recognise Prince Hall. I don't have to agree, but each Grand Lodge governs it's own jurisdiction, and I definately agree with Masonic law, though it may be contrary to my personal beliefs. Their house, their rules.. I have several Prince Hall brothers who are close friends, indeed, one of them is an honorary member of my Lodge because of his participation and help in LOTS of degree work.
I don't care what people do in their own bedrooms, as much as I don't want anyone to know what goes on in mine. It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! And for the record, as if I care, I proudly proclaim myself as a "Flaming Heterosexual"!
(For all the knuckle draggers, cowans and eavesdroppers that read this un-tiled forum (not my Masonic brothers!), that means I am attracted to  women; actually only one!).
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]

What comes to mind after reading some posts is this:  How does Masonry make "better men" out of those she-males who are not "real men" at all?  Namely those feminine-male submissives who are in essence the "wives" and/or "girlfriends" of dominant men?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Speaking as a 43 year Master Mason, the day I find out that a question is on a prospective candidate's petition here in Indiana, regarding his sexual preference, either written or asked verbally, will be the day before I request a demit.. The same with a brother's comment up the thread about refusing admission to a gentleman because he didn't know his obligations. I can understand the few jurisdictions that do not recognise Prince Hall. I don't have to agree, but each Grand Lodge governs it's own jurisdiction, and I definately agree with Masonic law, though it may be contrary to my personal beliefs. Their house, their rules.. I have several Prince Hall brothers who are close friends, indeed, one of them is an honorary member of my Lodge because of his participation and help in LOTS of degree work.
I don't care what people do in their own bedrooms, as much as I don't want anyone to know what goes on in mine. It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! And for the record, as if I care, I proudly proclaim myself as a "Flaming Heterosexual"!
(For all the knuckle draggers, cowans and eavesdroppers that read this un-tiled forum (not my Masonic brothers!), that means I am attracted to  women; actually only one!).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if the Brother brings his husband to a Lodge function? Does your obligation now extend to "husbands" as well as wives?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What if the Brother brings his husband to a Lodge function? Does your obligation now extend to "husbands" as well as wives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is this a threat in any way to you?  I want you to stop and think about what you are saying.  This is the same horse shit that came out of people's mouths 50 years ago with interracial couples and is just as biggotted.  If you belive that homosexuality is a sin, and you are Christian remember these words. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. If this is truly an sin in God's eys then they will find out one the inevitable day that theY meet their creator.  Otherwise live and let live, it that persons preference weather by genetic disposition or personal choice.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"well recommended"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"well recommended"

Yes, and if the guy met the requirements for membership and the investigating committee delivered a positive report and denied him solely on the fact he was gay, I would find a new Lodge and fire off a letter to the Grand Master about their conduct
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How is this a threat in any way to you?  I want you to stop and think about what you are saying.  This is the same horse shit that came out of people's mouths 50 years ago with interracial couples and is just as biggotted.  If you belive that homosexuality is a sin, and you are Christian remember these words. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. If this is truly an sin in God's eys then they will find out one the inevitable day that theY meet their creator.  Otherwise live and let live, it that persons preference weather by genetic disposition or personal choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's no threat to me in any way. I am asking this because I wonder how this will effect/change Freemasonry. Does our obligation extend to "husbands" now? Are same sex partners welcomed at Lodge functions?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's no threat to me in any way. I am asking this because I wonder how this will effect/change Freemasonry. Does our obligation extend to "husbands" now? Are same sex partners welcomed at Lodge functions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if the other partner is the wife? Just asking. Can they join the Eastern Star? I hear heads exploding
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
From a Masonic point of view are husbands now considered widows? Are husbands protected or not against sexual misconduct?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
As a Police Detective (ret.) I see many "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES" ahead with regard to the Supremes unconstitutional same sex marriage ruling, none of them good.  (Or are they really "INTENDED CONSEQUENCES" as those of us with professional investigators' mindsets typically suspect?)  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It could be argued, from a Christian perspective, that sex outside of marriage is immoral.  If I am in such a relationship, can I be a Mason?  Would my girlfriend be welcomed at Masonic functions?
View Quote

An excellent question! My girlfriend, who I refer to as "My Last Woman", is the widow of a highly respected Master Mason. Her and my late wife were good friends, as were myself and her late husband. If we were to attend a masonic function, or a function of an appendent body, and ANYONE raised a question of whether we slept in the same bed, I would request a demit the very next day! It is NO ONES BUSINESS!! The "old dragons", the wives of Masons who have nothing else to do, can mumble among themselveves, as long as I don't hear about it. Knowing my brothers, they would give me a "high five" in the parking lot for having a beautiful, lady who I care deeply about.
Where on the aplication does it say, if you have a girlfriend, and are sleeping together, that you are unworthy to be a Mason, or have to be married? IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!
Let's make it a requirement that we all wear body cams, and have video cameras in our homes, so that the powers that be can root out the rifraf and hold you to their lofty standards.
"medicmandan", I'm not bringing your post/question as the subject of this rant. I'm just sick and tired of the bigotry and outright hatred shown by some of our "brothers" on Masonic forums.
As has been said many time before, it will take a lot more Masonic funerals for things to change
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

An excellent question! My girlfriend, who I refer to as "My Last Woman", is the widow of a highly respected Master Mason. Her and my late wife were good friends, as were myself and her late husband. If we were to attend a masonic function, or a function of an appendent body, and ANYONE raised a question of whether we slept in the same bed, I would request a demit the very next day! It is NO ONES BUSINESS!! The "old dragons", the wives of Masons who have nothing else to do, can mumble among themselveves, as long as I don't hear about it. Knowing my brothers, they would give me a "high five" in the parking lot for having a beautiful, lady who I care deeply about.
Where on the aplication does it say, if you have a girlfriend, and are sleeping together, that you are unworthy to be a Mason, or have to be married? IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!
Let's make it a requirement that we all wear body cams, and have video cameras in our homes, so that the powers that be can root out the rifraf and hold you to their lofty standards.
"medicmandan", I'm not bringing your post/question as the subject of this rant. I'm just sick and tired of the bigotry and outright hatred shown by some of our "brothers" on Masonic forums.
As has been said many time before, it will take a lot more Masonic funerals for things to change
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It could be argued, from a Christian perspective, that sex outside of marriage is immoral.  If I am in such a relationship, can I be a Mason?  Would my girlfriend be welcomed at Masonic functions?

So what a Mason does in his personal life has no bearing on the Lodge? I respectfully disagree.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So what a Mason does in his personal life has no bearing on the Lodge? I respectfully disagree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a Mason is a pedophile, a bank robber, or a murderer, yes, it does have bearing on his membership in the lodge. These things are addressed by the laws of the land, and upon conviction by Masonic trial, will get you "booted" from the fraternity. Again, you, or NO ONE ELSE will peek into my bedroom, or personal life - it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!
Masons are not perfect, but we are always trying to do better - there has been only one perfect person that has walked the earth.
So, I guess we can agree to respectfully disagree. As Dennis Miller says, "That's my opinion, I could be wrong (but it's still my opinion).).

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a Police Detective (ret.) I see many "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES" ahead with regard to the Supremes unconstitutional same sex marriage ruling, none of them good.  (Or are they really "INTENDED CONSEQUENCES" as those of us with professional investigators' mindsets typically suspect?)  
View Quote

Intended.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If a Mason is a pedophile, a bank robber, or a murderer, yes, it does have bearing on his membership in the lodge. These things are addressed by the laws of the land, and upon conviction by Masonic trial, will get you "booted" from the fraternity. Again, you, or NO ONE ELSE will peek into my bedroom, or personal life - it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!
Masons are not perfect, but we are always trying to do better - there has been only one perfect person that has walked the earth.
So, I guess we can agree to respectfully disagree. As Dennis Miller says, "That's my opinion, I could be wrong (but it's still my opinion).).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since you brought up your relationship with a widow of a Master Mason, does not the Master Mason's obligation apply?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Since you brought up your relationship with a widow of a Master Mason, does not the Master Mason's obligation apply?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT IN THE HOLY $#@& ARE YOU SUGGESTING???  The key word is WIDOW! Both she and I fulfilled our marital obligations - 'til death do us part. Are we supposed to outfit ourselves with sack cloth and ashes and roam the barren earth the rest of our lives?The stench of troll is really strong around here - if you want, I will PM you with my cell phone number so we can discuss this at a more personal level.
By what misguided means do you even purpose to dictate to me what I, and the lady I love, do with the rest of our lives?
Members of the group, I am sencerely sorry for this.I only wanted to contribute to the thread. In my entire life on the internet, this is the very first time things have went so far "south". I prufusly appologize to all the brothers here.
Mod's if it's your desire, shut it down.Personally, I am all for it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Carl000, Brother, I only brought it up After you put your personal business out for the world to see. You need to look up the definition of "widow". As it applies to a Master Mason you may have sexual relationships with widows just not widows of MM. That's what my obligation said.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Then your obligation says something very different than mine.  

Illicit:  not allowed by law : unlawful or illegal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carl000, Brother, I only brought it up After you put your personal business out for the world to see. You need to look up the definition of "widow". As it applies to a Master Mason you may have sexual relationships with widows just not widows of MM. That's what my obligation said.

Illicit- forbidden by law, rules, or custom.

To me a MM widow would fall under "custom". I don't want any of my Brothers dating my widow after I'm gone. And I find all MM widows off limits to me and to be protected.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And how in the  double toothpicks do you know that we are doing nothing more than laying in bed, with a bundling board between us, cuddling??? IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUISINESS!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how in the  double toothpicks do you know that we are doing nothing more than laying in bed, with a bundling board between us, cuddling??? IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUISINESS!!!

Then your Grand Lodge Dictionary is different from mine - different strokes for different folks. A widow/widower is someone who she/he has lost a spouse by death. She/he is now single in the eye of God, or whoever you believe in-for all I care, your God can be green and live in a 7up bottle, as long as you believe in a Supreme Being. You are asked this once, at the EA degree. You are not asked if you believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Jehovea, or whoever.
Freemasonry is NOT a relegion, it's a FRATERNITY!!
In Indiana, my obligation states that I will not violate the chastity of a Mason's wife, ect. When my late brother pased several years ago, his wife stood by him until the end. He died, she is no longer married, she is single, she is no longer his wife!! Why is this so hard to understand???
Mod's shut this down, please!! The infidels or idiots have taken it over. I no longer want to be a part of it-I'll just go quietly and read Jack Chic comic books all night.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then your Grand Lodge Dictionary is different from mine - different strokes for different folks. A widow/widower is someone who she/he has lost a spouse by death. She/he is now single in the eye of God, or whoever you believe in-for all I care, your God can be green and live in a 7up bottle, as long as you believe in a Supreme Being. You are asked this once, at the EA degree. You are not asked if you believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Jehovea, or whoever.
In Indiana, my obligation states that I will not violate the chastity of a Mason's wife, ect. When my late brother pased several years ago, his wife stood by him until the end. He died, she is no longer married, she is single, she is no longer his wife!! Why is this so hard to understand???
Mod's shut this down, please!! The infidels or idiots have taken it over. I no longer want to be a part of it-I'll just go quietly and read Jack Chic comic books all night.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apologize if I offended you. Obviously the obligation of your GL differs from mine and it seems my interpretation of mine may differ from MM whose obligation is similar to mine. I do think it is every Mason business on how the Brothers conduct themselves because it reflects on the Lodge as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I apologize if I offended you. Obviously the obligation of your GL differs from mine and it seems my interpretation of mine may differ from MM whose obligation is similar to mine. I do think it is every Mason business on how the Brothers conduct themselves because it reflects on the Lodge as a whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother, and all others, no offense taken. Unfortunitlay, for all
of us, my "last woman", as I have referred to her, may shortly weigh in here with her opinion. It will be ugly and true to her, and I love her, and my late Masonic brother. I don't yet understand how this thread got hijacked. If me, I appologize!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread, unfortunately,  is a prime example of why politics and religion are never discussed in Lodge.  Inevitably, someone takes the "I'm morally superiorly to you" high ground and has to define that a "Mason" can only be someone who matches their beliefs.

AMU62, first you insult the fraternity, then you propose how to run it.  Go troll somewhere else.

HighLighter, the text of your obligations do not materially differ from those of any other jurisdiction.  The only difference is your interpretation based on how you view them within the context of your personal religious beliefs.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Carl000, congratulations to you and your Lady.  A man who can have one truly great love is rare these days.  Finding a second after losing her, is genuinely unique.

If after my passing a Brother dedicates his life to making my widow happy and healthy, I'd consider it an act of true brotherly love.  Before my untimely demise is a different story.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I still pose the question, are "husbands" of dead homosexual members to be considered widows and all that that implies? That question is not political or religious but a practical one that Freemasonry faces. Is there no one who will directly answer this question?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, as the surviving spouse of a Brother they should be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#33]
This is why we need that private forum.  I believe we are treading closely to giving away too many details.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#34]
car1000 says:  Freemasonry is NOT a relegion, it's a FRATERNITY!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you cleared that up!  Many Christians think of it as a religious cult.  In fact, I've never heard a Christian (or anyone else) call it a "fraternity" before.  That does indeed improve my understanding.

And everyone please be advised, my questions on this thread are based on a legitimate search for truth.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
car1000 says:  Freemasonry is NOT a relegion, it's a FRATERNITY!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you cleared that up!  Many Christians think of it as a religious cult.  In fact, I've never heard a Christian (or anyone else) call it a "fraternity" before.  That does indeed improve my understanding.

And everyone please be advised, my questions on this thread are based on a legitimate search for truth.  
View Quote

Thanks for your interest in seaching for the truth. Where fundimental Christians get their backs in the air is the part of the Master Mason degree in which Hiram Abiff is "raised from his grave in the dessert. ". He is a moldy, putrified corpse, long dead, and he was being disinterrned for a more fitting burial back at "headquarters", as it were. He didn't re-animate like Jesus did, after raising from the tomb (if you are of the Christian faith, I don't care), He was still a rotten, smelly dead person! The whole naritive is allegory-you leave the old life behind, and continue on with a "new life", where you can, by example, make good men better. NOTHING in the 3 Masonic degrees have ANYTHING to do with religion, or the resurection. You have to believe in a Supreme Being, whether God, Jehova, or whoever, is up to you. You are only asked this question once, and that's it. As I've said, the Masonic fraternity dosn't care if your Supreme being is green, and lives in a 7up bottle. You can't be an Atheist, and believe in no higher power. Your beliefes are yours and yours alone - it's none of the Fraternity's business what those beliefs are!
All of what I said can be found on many sites on the web. The only "secrets" we Freemasons have, are those which can identify ourselves among brothers, whether in the darkness or the light. It is a FRATERNITY that dates back to the mists of time.
If you truly want to know what Freemasonry is all about, I would suggest geting a copy of Chris Hodapp's book, "Freemasonry for Dummies", The man, and my brother, speaks the truth! Chris's book "Solomon's Builders" gives one of the the most accurate and precise history of the world that I've ever read, concerning the builders of the great stone buildings of the early world.
Remember this: Masonry is a Fraternity, not a religion! We strive to make good men better!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I still pose the question, are "husbands" of dead homosexual members to be considered widows and all that that implies? That question is not political or religious but a practical one that Freemasonry faces. Is there no one who will directly answer this question?
View Quote

HighLighter, heren is a reply from my "Last Woman", that I refered to in an earkier post. She slept on her response last night, and cut it down from 3 pages to this. I love this woman, and I pray you have a woman to love!

Highlighter:  I am the Last Woman that CarI000 spoke of.  I had a wonderful first marriage.  I did everything I possibly could for my husband while he was ill with cancer.  In fact, I had breast cancer at the same time and worked my treatment around his and took some chances that I might not have taken otherwise because I knew he needed me.   He did not survive.  I did.

My husband had thought so much of carI000 that in 2000 he made carI000 the executor of our wills.  I think that in itself says something about the man.

My husband thought carI000 was an honorable man and he proved to be.  What happened between carI000 and I happened very slowly.  He had been good friends with my husband I had been good friends with car1000's wife before she passed away.  CarI000 knew what I was going through because he had done so years before.  Nothing was rushed, forced or anything else.  It happened.  How I have been blessed to have 2 very good men in my life, I haven't a clue but I am thankful for that.  I am not married now and do not see that anyone has the ability to dictate my life to me.  I own my own business and am not easily swayed by pretty words.  There has to be substance there.

I find your wanting pigeon hole people interesting.  The "wife" of the deceased Freemason you spoke of?  Wouldn't "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" suffice for guidance?

What many people fail to see with this new SCOTUS decision is that it will not change your life in any way.  You will still have your values, still teach you children as you see fit.  When I moved next door to John Mellancamp, I could not sing.  Guess what?  When I moved away from there I still couldn't sing.  Just because you are around someone does not mean you automatically take on their traits unless you choose to do so.

PSI:  Thank you for understanding
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. I will never accept the legitimacy of same sex marriages. No Lodge that I am a member of will admit a homosexual. If from another lodge I consider him clandestinely made.

Freemasonry is not a religion. It is clearly a religious fraternity. If it isn't then it must be remade from it's foundation for the Holy Bible is used to hold a Mason's obligation. Mason's are to be good men. Not thieves, drunkards, cheats, wife beaters. Moral men. Homosexual behavior is sin like the rest but when it legitimized and accepted there is no morality left. I will never accept.

The "it doesn't effect me" attitude will be the death of this Nation. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke. Make no mistake there is evil behind the assault of homosexuality against this Nation.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

HighLighter, heren is a reply from my "Last Woman", that I refered to in an earkier post. She slept on her response last night, and cut it down from 3 pages to this. I love this woman, and I pray you have a woman to love!

Highlighter:  I am the Last Woman that CarI000 spoke of.  I had a wonderful first marriage.  I did everything I possibly could for my husband while he was ill with cancer.  In fact, I had breast cancer at the same time and worked my treatment around his and took some chances that I might not have taken otherwise because I knew he needed me.   He did not survive.  I did.

My husband had thought so much of carI000 that in 2000 he made carI000 the executor of our wills.  I think that in itself says something about the man.

My husband thought carI000 was an honorable man and he proved to be.  What happened between carI000 and I happened very slowly.  He had been good friends with my husband I had been good friends with car1000's wife before she passed away.  CarI000 knew what I was going through because he had done so years before.  Nothing was rushed, forced or anything else.  It happened.  How I have been blessed to have 2 very good men in my life, I haven't a clue but I am thankful for that.  I am not married now and do not see that anyone has the ability to dictate my life to me.  I own my own business and am not easily swayed by pretty words.  There has to be substance there.

I find your wanting pigeon hole people interesting.  The "wife" of the deceased Freemason you spoke of?  Wouldn't "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" suffice for guidance?

What many people fail to see with this new SCOTUS decision is that it will not change your life in any way.  You will still have your values, still teach you children as you see fit.  When I moved next door to John Mellancamp, I could not sing.  Guess what?  When I moved away from there I still couldn't sing.  Just because you are around someone does not mean you automatically take on their traits unless you choose to do so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again if I stepped on your toes sorry. We just have a different view of things. You are misguided if you think that same sex marriages being legitimized will not change every single persons life in this Nation.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If from another lodge I consider him clandestinely made.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If from another lodge I consider him clandestinely made.

Highlighter,

How dare you state that anyone here would clandestinely raise a MM.  As I've previously stated one of my best friends and Brother was gay, you have now accused my entire Lodge and myself.  You need to dismount your high horse, re-examine your obligations and remember the five things explained to you upon being raised.

Mods,

I believe this one needs to be locked.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is why we need that private forum.  I believe we are treading closely to giving away too many details.
View Quote

Also, those here interested in Freemasonry read these threads and have perspectives colored by them. Some good,  some bad.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#44]
To clarify, I'm not a Mason but a Christian, a former police detective and majored in American History, Political Science, American Government and Law (including upper level classes in Constitutional Law) at the "U".  I'm identifying my background so you will understand where I'm coming from when I make the following observations.

(1)  The Supremes did not "legitimize" homosexuality or same sex marriage as some have suggested because they don't have the Constitutional authority to do so. Only Congress has the authority to legislate (pass laws) and then only in those areas specifically authorized by the Constitution.  And none of the Constitutionally authorized areas include sex, marriage or homosexuality.  What the Supreme Court did do was arrogantly exceed its Constitutional authority by trespassing in areas where it isn't legally allowed to go. (Read the 10th Amendment for enlightenment).

(2)  As can be seen by reading this thread, the Supremes' "same sex marriage" ruling will have profound negative consequences in many areas of national life, including within the Freemasons.  And while many of these consequences may have been unintended by the Court, they nevertheless were generated by the Court, are happening and will no doubt keep happening.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#46]
What if the other partner is the wife? Just asking. Can they join the Eastern Star? I hear heads exploding

Sure, why not?  Masons can join OES as well if they want to.  The Matron of an OES chapter may not like it, but if the Grand Lodge of the Jurist Diction approves of it they are an appendent body and if they do not conform to the Grand Lodge then they are going to have a bad time and have a much longer drive to a meeting.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this is widely accepted as don't go after them for sport, treat them with respect due, etc, etc, etc.  As long as she is widowed, and you are not a married man or in a committed relationship with another person and you two enjoy being together good luck getting a Brother brought up on charges.  Should you not be a gentleman, and are out of line out on your ass you should go after due process is given.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Also, those here interested in Freemasonry read these threads and have perspectives colored by them. Some good,  some bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Fraternity as a whole encourages open debate, free thought and the democratic process.  A Brother is entitled to his own opinions, and another Brother needs to be willing to accept them, but at the same time be willing to have a discussion about them in an adult manner should the need arise.  The only topics not open for discussion in Lodge are politics and religion.  If it is not during Lodge, then those discussions may be had, but if you are just trolling you are going to have a bad time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

that part is simply incorrect. the man's belief in HIS faith and deity are what upholds our obligation. Not a book nor the bible. there is a very good reason we use the Sacred Volume of the candidate to give his obligation. That is not always a bible.

While freemasonry certainly has some religious aspects<ie.. we teach a man to learn and follow HIS faith>, the core philosophy of masonry is not christian nor any other religion. Religious principles are used to teach as anciently it was common ground for people to use as a learning platform in times when most knew religion but could not read.

to be frank, anyone that believes masonry promotes christianity or any other religion above any other has not studied masonry. We all agree a mason should be a good upstanding man of good moral character. My personal belief is that homosexuality is a mental illness and a man can certainly be of good character in every other aspect of life, but that may well show they are not a proper candidate for masonry. <this is my personal belief only>. That said if the GL ok's it i will accept the man as a MM and brother like any other until he proves to be unworthy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. I will never accept the legitimacy of same sex marriages. No Lodge that I am a member of will admit a homosexual. If from another lodge I consider him clandestinely made.

Freemasonry is not a religion. It is clearly a religious fraternity. If it isn't then it must be remade from it's foundation for the Holy Bible is used to hold a Mason's obligation. Mason's are to be good men. Not thieves, drunkards, cheats, wife beaters. Moral men. Homosexual behavior is sin like the rest but when it legitimized and accepted there is no morality left. I will never accept.

The "it doesn't effect me" attitude will be the death of this Nation. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke. Make no mistake there is evil behind the assault of homosexuality against this Nation.

that part is simply incorrect. the man's belief in HIS faith and deity are what upholds our obligation. Not a book nor the bible. there is a very good reason we use the Sacred Volume of the candidate to give his obligation. That is not always a bible.

While freemasonry certainly has some religious aspects<ie.. we teach a man to learn and follow HIS faith>, the core philosophy of masonry is not christian nor any other religion. Religious principles are used to teach as anciently it was common ground for people to use as a learning platform in times when most knew religion but could not read.

to be frank, anyone that believes masonry promotes christianity or any other religion above any other has not studied masonry. We all agree a mason should be a good upstanding man of good moral character. My personal belief is that homosexuality is a mental illness and a man can certainly be of good character in every other aspect of life, but that may well show they are not a proper candidate for masonry. <this is my personal belief only>. That said if the GL ok's it i will accept the man as a MM and brother like any other until he proves to be unworthy.

I have been taught as you say that Freemasonry does not endorse any religion but I feel the way I do because there sure is ALOT of material in the rituals is straight out of the Bible. I read a story about Rudyard Kipling and his experiences in Indian Lodges. Hindus were made Masons. I am not sure if Hindus have a Sacred Volume but I'm assuming the rituals where not rewritten from that Hindu test for them? Maybe they are. Any one know?
In my Lodge the WM always ends prayer in Jesus' name.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top