Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 2:30:32 PM EDT
Last night I attended my local lodge's pre-stated meeting dinner. I was warmly welcomed and introduced to all the brothers in attendance and was given a tour of lodge. The dinner was NICE, ham, roast beef, Mac and cheese, salad, and Apple pie for dessert. I asked for and was given a petition which I am planning on filling out and turning in once they get to know me and will vouch for me. I got the impression that they would prefer this to me getting signatures from outside the lodge. They said I can come visit the lodge Saturday and next week. I am glad I took this first step and look forward to the journey.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Glad to see you were able to get the ball rolling.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am glad I took this first step and look forward to the journey.
View Quote

That was assuredly not your first step in masonry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck .
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck on your journey. Keep us updated on your progress.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been to the lodge 4 times now and have enjoyed spending time with the brothers there. They are all very welcoming and informative. The Secretary told me to bring my petition to the dinner before the next stated on Tuesday. I will hopefully get two signatures and turn in my petition then. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am glad I took this first step and look forward to the journey.

Although it was not the "first step",  I did do my due diligence in researching freemasonry if course. I also know some freemasons that are great people, just not in my GL jurisdiction. This was the first time I took a step towards becoming a Freemason.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations. Best wishes.
You will get out of this..as much as you choose to invest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I attended the pre-stated meeting dinner. I arrived early so I could lend a hand if the Stewards needed. My petition was signed by the lodge Secretary and the Senior Warden and was being read at tonight's meeting. I am hoping to be contacted by the IC so they can schedule the interview. I'm so excited. Everyone was so nice and got to meet some new faces, also got to meet the District Deputy Grand Master. Looking forward to my journey.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Those guys in gold collars aren't anything to get too excited about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I attended the pre-stated meeting dinner. I arrived early so I could lend a hand if the Stewards needed. My petition was signed by the lodge Secretary and the Senior Warden and was being read at tonight's meeting. I am hoping to be contacted by the IC so they can schedule the interview. I'm so excited. Everyone was so nice and got to meet some new faces, also got to meet the District Deputy Grand Master. Looking forward to my journey.

Those guys in gold collars aren't anything to get too excited about.

Yeah, they are just regular guys that devote most  of their time to the craft.

I met and became friends with our DD a few years ago. We do all sorts of stuff outside the lodge, like shooting and going to the cigar bar. He's about 40 YO and a real top notch guy.

Congratulations on getting the signatures. I'm sure your IC meeting will go smooth.  

Email me if you get a chance.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
OP Congratulations
What Lodge?

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you. The Henry Lodge No.57, Fairfax.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I had my IC meeting tonight. I think it went well, they are a good group of guys. I was told that I will be reported on and balloted at the next stated meeting on 6/9.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Tonight I attended the dinner before the stated meeting. I had a good time speaking with the members and learning things every time I go. So at the stated my petition was read and I was balloted on. I just received the email from the Secretary that I will be initiated on 6/16! I'm so excited and feel honored that I was chosen favorably.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
That's great news.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Being initiated tomorrow evening and am a bit nervous, more like anticipation but excitement as well. I have been very careful in not reading anything online about the ceremony but have been reading everything I can get my hands on to learn more about Freemasonry. I will be meeting some of the members beforehand to grab a bite before heading to the lodge. I think tomorrow will be a very long work day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Just relax and listen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I tell all the new candidates this, every man in this room had done the same as you're fixing to. Relax, listen well and retain the info you take in.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you for the support and kind words. Everyone here has been a positive influence on my decision to become a Freemason. I will keep this thread updated with my progress.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Initiated tonight! Now my journey really begins. A lot to take in, it was a great experience and I am looking forward to more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Congratulations  to our newest entered apprentice mason.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Congrats.  I had my initiation last week.  Now the fun of learning everything that happened in the ceremony.  Enjoy the journey!
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Double post - sorry
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Congrats.  I had my initiation last week.  Now the fun of learning everything that happened in the ceremony.  Enjoy the journey!
View Quote
What Lodge?

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I am not a Mason but they certainly contribute to my community. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you all for the kind words. I had the honor and privilege to attend the District ritual school, opened to EA's and FC's, not 24 hours after my initiation. It was very interesting to see everything that I didnt get to observe the night before.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What Lodge?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What Lodge?  

Tyrian #111 in Warner Robins
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Congrats to you as well brother. Enjoy your journey and let us know of your progress.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the kind words. I had the honor and privilege to attend the District ritual school, opened to EA's and FC's, not 24 hours after my initiation. It was very interesting to see everything that I didnt get to observe the night before.
View Quote

I have not heard anything of a District Ritual School.  Sounds like a great idea to be able to see everything you did not observe the night before and especially nice to see it the next day.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have not heard anything of a District Ritual School.  Sounds like a great idea to be able to see everything you did not observe the night before and especially nice to see it the next day.  Good stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When you get raised, someone will probably tell you about the district school or if they are doing a degree and they need a candidate, they might ask you to go.

most districts have a school where all the officers attend once a month to learn the work.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#33]
We have a school of instruction weekly. I do my best to attend two of them every month. They are hosted by lodges nearby. Three of the GL's I have the honor of knowing do most of the sessions. We work on ritual, rod work, and special occasion work. It has given me three lodges full of friends. As I was put into the line quickly it helps me with both the words and the meaning of the work. (That is another thread altogether.). I am thankful for it though, the instruction that is, and the fellowship.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations, my brother!

You now truly what was meant that you hadn't taken "the first step" yet.

Well, you surely have now. :)

You are in with a good group of men there at Henry. If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

S&F,
Bro. SMS-ret
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you Brother. Now to learn all that I can. I am going the traditional route but there are quite a few that are going the 1 day conferral route.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I have heard of others in my area doing the one day conferral class.  A bunch never got through to achieve their MM status.  When it was brought up to me, I politely declined.  I am enjoying my degree work nice and slow.  I just started my FC and I was amazed on how everything is blending in together.  My EA work was difficult and slow, but I really am understanding why things are done the way they are.  My mentor has been great.  We do a lot more then just practice and it has opened my eyes to the things around me.  I have to the end of the month to finish my FC before my mentor leaves.  Then I will work towards MM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top