Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:27:18 AM EDT
does anybody know if any of the people murdered at the French Newspaper were Masons???
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
does anybody know if any of the people murdered at the French Newspaper were Masons???
View Quote

Didn't we do this already and the thread got pulled?

Let's not give this guy  the satisfaction if a response.

Reporting.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
say Brother,,, I didnt know I was breeching any protocol by asking this question.  
kindly inform me as to what I've done wrong. and where if not here I can find the answer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't see the other thread but two of the cartoonist were Freemasons.  I don't know if they were members of generally recognized lodges or not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Brother. I want to speak of this at our next communication, and want to mention them by name, but I cant find any place that is a  list of Masons.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
..., but I cant find any place that is a  list of Masons.
View Quote

This is an example of why I found the first, and now this, thread odd.  You'd think a Freemason would know there is no list of Freemasons.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Masons Killed in Charlie Hebdo Attack

Issues of regularity of the Grand Orient of France not withstanding the above article addresses the topic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You likely WON'T ever find a place that is a list of Masons.

Many of us, myself included, DO NOT want our Masonic affiliation known for a wide variety of reasons.

At present, there is STILL a fair bit of persecution of Masons in the form of exclusionary practices.

If my Church were to find out, I would definitely be banned from that church body forever more.

Seeing as I wish to continue being a member of BOTH my Church and my Lodge, I will continue to be a low-key Mason.

When submitting my petition for membership to a second lodge (not the primary one in which I was raised), I respectfully asked that my membership be kept a secret, and aside from a dues card, I wanted no part in fliers / mailings that might reveal me...  Moving from a big city to an extremely small rural town, I lost the anonymity of a metropolitan area.  Down here, everybody knows everybody and their dogs' names too.

Even the famous architect, Cass Gilbert, was very certainly in fact a Freemason, but there is no "Official" record of it.

For fear of religious or political persecution - you will likely find no published lists.
View Quote

Not to derail this thread, but I must say I find it interesting how Masons are viewed in various areas.  In MO I can hardly drive a highway or walk through a parking lot without seeing a Masonic emblem of some type on a vehicle.  In other areas of the country I have seen virtually none, which given your circumstances I can understand keeping a low profile.  I'll have to be mindful that some places are not as friendly towards the Fraternity in my travels.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Brother,
this is Exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top