Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 6:27:58 PM EDT
I am now Junior Past Master and was installed as secretary. Out of the frying pan and into to fire.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Secretary?  Are you insane?

I'm 23 days into my term are JPM.  It's great!  :)
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Not much I can do about it. I'm the youngest guy in the lodge at 51. Our lodge has 17 members but most are well into their 70s and several served in WWII. We have approx. 10 members that can attend regularly. If I didn't accept secretary I would end up recycling as Master in a year or two. My father has been master 3 times in the last 12 years. Unless we can get some new members I see us combining with another small local lodge.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
With 17 members record keeping, dues notices, monthly and annual reports wouldn't be a problem I supposed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not much I can do about it. I'm the youngest guy in the lodge at 51. Our lodge has 17 members but most are well into their 70s and several served in WWII. We have approx. 10 members that can attend regularly. If I didn't accept secretary I would end up recycling as Master in a year or two. My father has been master 3 times in the last 12 years. Unless we can get some new members I see us combining with another small local lodge.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have 280 paying members, I still got recycled to the line. 2013 WM, 2015 SW.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a nice feeling to be a junior PM.
View Quote

Yep....I was installed as Senior Steward...
Secretary....whew!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#7]
In my Lodge it's kind of normal for the outgoing Master to be elected Trustee.  At our November meeting when we had nominations, someone nominated me for Trustee.  I gaveled him down.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In my Lodge it's kind of normal for the outgoing Master to be elected Trustee.  At our November meeting when we had nominations, someone nominated me for Trustee.  I gaveled him down.
View Quote

Guess who just got elected trustee. My SW asked me to be secretary when he moved to the east. I told him I couldn't understand how a Brother to do that to another.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Guess who just got elected trustee. My SW asked me to be secretary when he moved to the east. I told him I couldn't understand how a Brother to do that to another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was Secretary/Recorder for Chapter, Council and Commandery for two years.  NEVER AGAIN
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was Secretary/Recorder for Chapter, Council and Commandery for two years.  NEVER AGAIN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The York Rite should have a medal for that. It's tougher work then earning the KYCH.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The York Rite should have a medal for that. It's tougher work then earning the KYCH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was uninstalled as Master last month.  I'm still HP(x2), TIM(x3) and CDR(x2) until April.  Governor of College until May.  And due to some odd turns of events, I'll be MIGM since last October 1st until September 17, 2016.

And I'd do all of it in perpetuity before I'm Secretary again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#12]
The only one left for me is Commander.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Our inspection was Saturday.  I'm glad it's over.  We did very well.  We did an Order of the Temple Friday night and another at the inspection.  The new Sir Knights we impressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top