User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was a recently delete thread about becoming a mason and I posted about my 1st had experiences of several masons elected to union positions being self serving and  screwing over non-masons.
There were a few replies going back and forth and the gist of it was my experience with several masons is as you stated above.

For an organization I once was interested in joining it was an instant turn off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been screwed over by more masons, than non masons.

There was a recently delete thread about becoming a mason and I posted about my 1st had experiences of several masons elected to union positions being self serving and  screwing over non-masons.
There were a few replies going back and forth and the gist of it was my experience with several masons is as you stated above.

For an organization I once was interested in joining it was an instant turn off.

We get it.  You don't want to join.  We tried to explain things to you but you don't want to hear it.  You've made up your mind.  That's fine.  No Freemason will ever try to convince you to join.

Please just move along so those with legitimate interest can converse.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We get it.  You don't want to join.  We tried to explain things to you but you don't want to hear it.  You've made up your mind.  That's fine.  No Freemason will ever try to convince you to join.

Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been screwed over by more masons, than non masons.

Thank you.

If trying to explain things includes deleting the other thread its an odd way to make a point.

Since this thread was / is about adultery and how its viewed or handled, honesty and integrity kind of go hand & hand with the topic and it ties into what I originally posted in the now deleted thread.
I actually wanted to hear how the actions I mentioned are viewed by other masons  but what I get was  a couple people telling me how great the masons are for charity and calling the masons I referred to as "union thugs".  

I happen to be one of those same union members as well and the negative connotation was petty.
I had "legitimate interest" and that is why I posted my question/s and wondered into this thread as well.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The thread in question was deleted because people have a hard time understanding things from a different perspective with a closed mind and thus the discussion was likely to devolve from there. No matter how much anybody tries to convince people otherwise, the actions of a few bad apples often are held up on high as representative of all, as TBS mentioned above.

As a member of a Union up until 3 months ago, I can undeniably say the negative connotations are quite justified for the most part...  My former "brothers" can proudly proclaim "Union Strong!" And preach of Unity, but whenever times get tough, jobs are getting axed, or promotion opportunities arise (as you mentioned), it's every man for himself, and stab everyone else in the back - except your closest union buddies!

This is what happened to me, and indeed what you describe is far more indicative of Union behavior than Masonic behavior. As far as Brothers go, they are poor examples because they failed to live up to our philosophical teachings. Particularly those of equality. Mason or non-Mason, they should have fought to have the best qualified for a job to receive a promotion, and embrace others who do their jobs to the best of their ability.  If a Mason is even President of the US, if he adheres to his teachings, he should treat everyone with equal respect and professionalism - from a Janitor to his Senior Cabinet.

I could tell you what happened at my work, but I am not allowed to air company laundry in public. It wasn't pretty, but it was good old boys club Union mentality at its best.

The Masons, if they adhere to the teachings of Masonry, should not & would not engage in favoritism. There are some smaller lodges that, over time, have had some key members that developed a "good old boys club" mentality that is counter to the teachings of Masonry, but this departure from the teachings are not the norm by any means.

True Masonic lodges should be extremely wary I who they allow into their ranks based upon a candidates' beliefs, actions, personality traits & characteristics, and their demonstrated history of making good life decisions. There are many people who are excluded based upon attitude & beliefs alone.  There are other organizations that might fit your personality better, and whatever you so choose to do, I hope you ind happiness in life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If trying to explain things includes deleting the other thread its an odd way to make a point.

Since this thread was / is about adultery and how its viewed or handled, honesty and integrity kind of go hand & hand with the topic and it ties into what I originally posted in the now deleted thread.
I actually wanted to hear how the actions I mentioned are viewed by other masons  but what I get was  a couple people telling me how great the masons are for charity and calling the masons I referred to as "union thugs".  

I happen to be one of those same union members as well and the negative connotation was petty.
I had "legitimate interest" and that is why I posted my question/s and wondered into this thread as well.

The thread in question was deleted because people have a hard time understanding things from a different perspective with a closed mind and thus the discussion was likely to devolve from there. No matter how much anybody tries to convince people otherwise, the actions of a few bad apples often are held up on high as representative of all, as TBS mentioned above.

As a member of a Union up until 3 months ago, I can undeniably say the negative connotations are quite justified for the most part...  My former "brothers" can proudly proclaim "Union Strong!" And preach of Unity, but whenever times get tough, jobs are getting axed, or promotion opportunities arise (as you mentioned), it's every man for himself, and stab everyone else in the back - except your closest union buddies!

This is what happened to me, and indeed what you describe is far more indicative of Union behavior than Masonic behavior. As far as Brothers go, they are poor examples because they failed to live up to our philosophical teachings. Particularly those of equality. Mason or non-Mason, they should have fought to have the best qualified for a job to receive a promotion, and embrace others who do their jobs to the best of their ability.  If a Mason is even President of the US, if he adheres to his teachings, he should treat everyone with equal respect and professionalism - from a Janitor to his Senior Cabinet.

I could tell you what happened at my work, but I am not allowed to air company laundry in public. It wasn't pretty, but it was good old boys club Union mentality at its best.

The Masons, if they adhere to the teachings of Masonry, should not & would not engage in favoritism. There are some smaller lodges that, over time, have had some key members that developed a "good old boys club" mentality that is counter to the teachings of Masonry, but this departure from the teachings are not the norm by any means.

True Masonic lodges should be extremely wary I who they allow into their ranks based upon a candidates' beliefs, actions, personality traits & characteristics, and their demonstrated history of making good life decisions. There are many people who are excluded based upon attitude & beliefs alone.  There are other organizations that might fit your personality better, and whatever you so choose to do, I hope you ind happiness in life.

Well said and nailed it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top