Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 6:50:42 PM EDT
I am scheduled to take my 3rd. degree tomorrow evening.  I would like to thank everyone on this forum for your help and support.  If there are any members from fellowship lodge 89 in Marion, Illinois in here I would like to thank you as well.

This has been something that I have always wanted to do.  I have big foot prints to follow from my family that walked this path before me.  I honestly thought that would more difficult.  I understand though, that this just the beginning, and that I have just begun to scratch the surface of what the fraternity can teach me.  I intend to become more like the men who inspired me to seek membership.

Once again, thank you to all for accepting me.  I will do my best to be someone who sets the example that inspires others to petition for membership.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Going through alone or with others?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It will be just me tonight. I petitioned with two others, but other obligations set them back temporarily.  The best thing is I will soon get to see the second and third degree as a MM soon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Congratulations!!

How did it go?

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It went great.  I am proud to be accepted into a fraternity with such an outstanding membership.  To a man, every Mason that I have ever known has been an example of how a person should live his life.  God fearing, patriotic, devoted to family, considerate of others.  I confess to being a bit surprised that such a group of men found me worthy.  

I am fortunate that of the three of us that were interviewed together, I was the only that life didn't throw a curve to while doing my work.  As a result one of the others is scheduled to do his EA on 6/30, and his MM on 7/15.  I will get to witness both ceremonies soon.  With any luck I hope to participate in the other petitioners EA ceremony.  Possibly giving the third lecture.  

It was pointed out to me that you get from Masonry what you put into it.  I want to learn more of the work.  I appreciate all of the time others sacrificed to admit me, and want to pay it back.  So I counted how many participants were in the 3rd degree ceremony, and I hope to help that many new candidates get through their work.  

My house in Illinois is on the market, and my wife and I are on our way to the Daytona Beach Florida area when it sells.  I hope to join a lodge there.  I intend to maintain my membership here until I die, and possibly longer.  Hopefully Florida allows plural memberships.  I won't demit.  If necessary I am willing to do the degrees again to satisfy Florida's requirements.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Tightlines,

According to http://bessel.org/pluralmemb.htm, Florida allows dual memberships (2 lodges), but not plural (more than 2).  So, you should be good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
dogsandhogs;
Thank you for that information.  I am glad to find out that what I want is possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top