Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2014 10:15:20 AM EDT
Are any of my brothers here members of the Creeping Serpents?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the group that was declared clandestine by your GL?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice avatar...
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nice avatar...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice avatar...

And? I had read about a snake named order that had gotten in some trouble in CA. I was hoping to clarify which group he's asking about and perhaps learn something it is a different order than I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And? I had read about a snake named order that had gotten in some trouble in CA. I was hoping to clarify which group he's asking about and perhaps learn something it is a different order than I was thinking of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice avatar...

Grand and Glorious Knights of Creeping Serpents.  Affirmative we got in trouble several years ago with the GL.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Then you'll have to forgive me for being cautious, but I don't see GGOKCS as being a recognized appendant body on either CA GL's website nor my own. Has CA GL recognized you in such a way that we might talk about this or are you still clandestine?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice avatar...

Whoops. I meant that for the OP. I see that his and mine are very similar. Great minds and all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Then you'll have to forgive me for being cautious, but I don't see GGOKCS as being a recognized appendant body on either CA GL's website nor my own. Has CA GL recognized you in such a way that we might talk about this or are you still clandestine?
View Quote

Kinda hard where to begin......it used to be recognized by the GL....somewhat.  Until they found out about the initiation which was held together with some Arizona lodges.  The initiations were let's just say were way more "physical" than the Chiefs initiation.  Creeping Serpents initiation was held outside of CA state due to liability issues.  Specifically in Yuma, AZ.

Long story short, we were soon to receive letters from the GL to cease and desist any further involvement with the organization with threats of disbarment.  So the Serpent went to sleep.  This is as far I can go on this without further jeopardizing my duties as a Freemason with the GL of CA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:This is as far I can go on this without further jeopardizing my duties as a Freemason with the GL of CA.
View Quote

Given the nature of a subject whose discussion may border on being verboten.  And in the interest of helping a Brother subdue his passion.  Perhaps we should shut this one down.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen a letter demanding that you demit from the group in writing or face disbarment. If you say the group is simply sleeping then I will take that as proof you have not quit the group and I will leave this conversation
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Just for the record...I did my obligations and affirmations to sign in to the GL not to be a member or any associations with the Serpents a long time ago.  How or what they are doing now, I do not have any connections or any members of that organization.  To my understanding, that organization is still ongoing in other places.  But in CA., it is a dead snake since it was disbanded many many years ago.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just for the record...I did my obligations and affirmations to sign in to the GL not to be a member or any associations with the Serpents a long time ago.  How or what they are doing now, I do not have any connections or any members of that organization.  To my understanding, that organization is still ongoing in other places.  But in CA., it is a dead snake since it was disbanded many many years ago.......
View Quote
If your above statement is true, why would you try to reconnect with its members?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
clandestion organization
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top