Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2014 2:33:30 PM EDT
All,

Scott, a mason, friend, and co-worker with Multiple Sclerosis, has limited use of his right leg resulting in difficult walking with a cane. He's also got memory problems as a result of the disease.  He's a lifelong hunter, dog trainer, shooter, and reloader. He's expressed great interest in hunting in Africa, and I'm trying to help make this happen while he's still able. I've arranged a hunting trip for him to South Africa and we've managed to bring the cost down for him:

- the guide is providing the trip at cost
- the booking agent is waiving his fee
- my family and I (Scott's employers through our business) are buying his plane ticket and giving him time off

I've set up a donation page to help pay for Scott's trip. My hope is to raise some or all of the cost for Scott's trip, so that he can spend as little as possible out of pocket.

I don't want a lot from anyone, but rather hoping many people can each chip in a little.  I'm not a mason and don't know much about it, but I'm hoping this is a good community to spread the word and find some people to help Scott out.

Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to get a hold of site staff Stryker . I think he has to approve all donation threads
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I PM'd Striker yesterday asking to post a similar thread up in the General Discussion forum, because I saw the Conduct Code beside that sub-forum.  I didn't realize the same went in this one - my apologies.  I'll not post up there until I hear back, or again here.

Sorry, and thanks,
Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top