Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2014 12:04:27 AM EDT
I was informed today that my petition was voted on and I was accepted.  During that conversation the secretary said he wouldn't be able to let me know when my degree work would begin due to him doing a memorial for a brother at a funeral home tonight.  The memorial happened to be for my wife's cousin.  Since we were going for the visitation anyway, I decided to be there at that time.  It was very solemn, respectful, and moving.  I wish one of my mason relatives would have mentioned this memorial to me when I was making arrangements for my fathers funeral.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Congratulations tightlines49.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on taking the first step in your journey.  I understand by reading your post that your father was a Mason and didn't receive the last Masonic Rites.  In my jurisdiction we are able to perform the last rites on any brother who was in good standing at anytime. If it wasn't done when he was laid to rest we can do it at the graveside years after his interment.  Check with your lodge.  Let me know if I can help.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your reply hcso617.  My father became a Mason in Germany during the 60's.  Because of the advice that I received  here I was able to locate information that put me in touch with the secretary of the lodge that his merged with.  I spoke with the secretary through email and he assured me that my father was in good standing at the time of his passing.  Which was my original concern.  Along the way he me mentioned the Rite.  I was assured that he would get that taken care of.  I really do appreciate your offer.  This is just another example of why I wish to be included among the good men involved in the Masonic fraternity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know what lodge and when your work is, I may be able to attend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, after you complete your degrees make sure your wishes for a Masonic service are known and in writing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top