Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2014 5:35:54 PM EDT
As mentioned in other threads in this forum, I am a newly raised Master Mason.  I'm still learning the ropes and getting used to the way things work.

I visited a different lodge from the one I was raised in this week and it was a very pleasant experience.  The brothers there could not have been more friendly and I recognized several familiar faces -- including some that were at my raising.  I had not realized until then that so many Masons regularly visited more than one lodge.

It was interesting to see some subtle variations in the way the different lodges operated.  The ritual was different here and there in small ways.  The WM at this lodge was much less formal about things.  He also gave a very moving moral lesson -- one of the best examples of oration that I have personally witnessed.  

The food at our lodge is better though

I'm going to have to keep an eye on my cable tow and do not spend too much time on the Craft and neglect my family and other obligations.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations brother
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Get yourself a Masonic passport. It is a way to get your travels documented
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've enjoyed my travels in several different states, keep on traveling.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Traveling is one of the many privileges and treasures waiting to be found. Congrats
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
We raised 2 members to Master Mason today, we had the pleasure of having a member of a Lodge across the border in Hemmingford Quebec attend our communication.You'll find Masons will travel the extra miles to support his Brothers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top