Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Since LaRue regularly offers rifles as a complete package, with optics and suppressor set ups, I'd go with one of their package deals.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Whichever one is closest to the door.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:04:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: topdeputy08] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eodinert:

That way you'll be guaranteed double taps, even when you're trying to squeeze off a single.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Originally Posted By SD307:

I would rather have a RRA with a 2stage NM trigger than a factory colt.

That way you'll be guaranteed double taps, even when you're trying to squeeze off a single.

I'm not a huge RRA fan but I believe they make a solid product.  Their two stage is widely considered a very good economy 2s.  There are a massive number of those triggers deployed on LE duty rifles.  There is nothing inherently unsafe or unreliable about 2s triggers that would cause an inadvertent double tap.  That is MUCH more likely an issue with unfamiliarity and lack of training and therefore not the trigger's fault.  Quality two stage triggers absolutely have a place in the combat AR realm.

http://www.defensereview.com/the-case-for-match-triggers-in-combatduty-rifles-safety-speed-and-accuracy/

More evidence:

The Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) trigger is a semi-automatic only version of Geissele Automatics’s Super Select-Fire trigger. The SSA is a 4.5lb. non-adjustable combat trigger that is a precision two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. The SSA’s two-stage design allows the trigger to be light enough for accurate and precise shots, but forgiving enough for CQB. The SSA is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Law Enforcement use, Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By survivorman:

Good luck on replacement parts........especially your bolts, they do not recommend using others.

For the zombie apocalypse?  Any of the other 50 kazillion ARs out there, as long as it zeros Im good.

Not that they are not rifles I just don't like proprietary parts.

View Quote

This.  They are Zombies.  I'll take whatever goes "BOOM" and MIM "Minute of Mellon"
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:37:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IAMLEGEND] [#5]
        DD and all the BCGs, mags, and ammo I could grab.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:38:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#6]
DDM4V5 and bushmaster m4 but i'd probably use the ddm4v5
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TS1776] [#7]
Originally Posted By balloo93:
KAC and a Suppressor.  

View Quote

KAC SR15 LPR with can.

Ive owned 2 762 OBRs and a predatobr in the past and sold them all for SR25s and SR-15s.  No comparison.

About the proprietary bolt in the sr15, it will outlast milspec bolts by a factor of 4... Why would you want an AR that you would ever need to change the bolt in?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Phildo:

KAC E3 bolts run the highest round count before failure / breakage ... kind of says a lot of this proprietary rifle.  In the event the bolt or barrel does break (the only propriety items on KAC rifles) I would just swap out uppers in an emergency / zombie scenario.  Or just keep another bolt handy. (The carrier can be a standard BCG, just the bolt itself is the expensive, proprietary item)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phildo:
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
Originally Posted By chenault:
Originally Posted By survivorman:
Good luck on replacement parts........especially your bolts, they do not recommend using others.

For the zombie apocalypse?  Any of the other 50 kazillion ARs out there, as long as it zeros Im good.

Not that they are not rifles I just don't like proprietary parts.

But but but the seals use them

Maybe you should try one.  Buy quality and you won't need to replace your bolt.  

Everything wears out.

Anything mechanical can and will fail.

Anything made by the hands of man is failable.  

KAC E3 bolts run the highest round count before failure / breakage ... kind of says a lot of this proprietary rifle.  In the event the bolt or barrel does break (the only propriety items on KAC rifles) I would just swap out uppers in an emergency / zombie scenario.  Or just keep another bolt handy. (The carrier can be a standard BCG, just the bolt itself is the expensive, proprietary item)

And they reliably run for a good 20k rounds....barrel will be shot out before then....anrd anyone who cant get at least another upper found in the apocalypse by round count 15000 just deserves to die from shitty luck lol....
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The Ruger 10/22 next to them. I can carry a hell of a lot more .22LR than .223
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#10]
Originally Posted By oconnor:
The Ruger 10/22 next to them. I can carry a hell of a lot more .22LR than .223
View Quote

True I think a robust single shot like a chipmonk or henry survival rifle may be better smaller compact.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd grab a Daniel Defense M4A1 or MK18.

But I'd change out that horrible stock they currently come with for something more reliable (like a Magpul CTR or Sopmod).

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Whichever was chambered in 6.8spc II, that's the one I'd grab. Otherwise I'd be looking for something in .308 flavor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd grab the one with the bayonet or bayonet lug.  You don't need a lot of bling for TWD you need penetration and a blade helps when the mags run dry.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:10:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#14]
My KAC CQB Mod 2 M-Lok with T1 Micro, Surefire 600 Scout, and Spec War K. Fucking zombies don't stand a chance

MP5SD with subsonic for real hush work on disposing the Zeds.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#15]
S&W M&P 15 Sport

I'm not shooting FA.

And I hid more then shoot.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#16]
I have no experience with 22 drop in conversions for ar15 rifles, but I think my ar and a reliable(if that exists) 22 drop in kit would be gtg. So you could have a high power rifle and a 22 for hunting in one gun.
I know I answered above already but tonight I thought of this.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:34:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyNavy75] [#17]
Doubtful anyone would last long enough or shoot enough ammo to break even an OlyArms bolt, much less a KAC. And if you did break a bolt you would be bitten before you could drop a new one in....so I'd go a SR-15 14.5" suppressed or a SBR LMT. I'd think a lot of encounters would be close so you would want shorter.

The bigger question is what optic. I figure an ACOG with an RMR. Or a 2.5-10 NXS with an offset T-1.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:55:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#18]
HK416 if available, or KAC if not.

I'd have to see what advantage suppressed fire gave me against the particular form of zombies. It may not be worth the extra fouling it causes.

If I knew I wouldn't attach a suppressor, and often moved on foot, I'd favor a DI weapon because they're lighter. The fouling difference would be negligible when comparing an unsuppressed DI 11.5" through 14.5" to a piston gun. In any case, 14.5" would be the max length desired.

I'd choose a CQB optic, preferably 2 MOA. Aimpoint CompM4 is nice (AA battery). Zombies can only hurt you up close, so the greatest threats will be at close range. (2 MOA dots are still effective to 300 yards.) Speed of target acquisition and follow-up shots will be the greatest advantage against large numbers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PewPewPew1212] [#19]
Originally Posted By thisisdudewhoru:
I guess in the absolute shit, I'd probably grab a colt or larue. The proprietary bolt in kac, if it were to fail, there wouldn't be any replacing it, leaving you rifle less.

No matter how small a chance, it's possible for it to break.
View Quote

Grab whichever... if you have any expectation of picking up ammo off corpses, it's likely you'll find that "battlefield pickup" magazine hanging from the magwell of a rifle.

Oh no, the KAC proprietary bolt broke? Well, pickup that colt that the corpse you tripped over doesn't need anymore.  you were planning to steal his magazine anyway and we all know his rifle is worthless without ammo, so it's not like he needs that rifle.

Seriously -- your not gonna find spare bolts in A zombie apocalypse should yours break, you're gonna find full rifles to scavenge whatever is useful should you not yet be a zombie yourself
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
The Bushmaster M4 in my safe that I used in Iraq in 04. Well the upper and buttstock. The lower I got when I redeployed. Already has 3500 combat rds down range, so I know it works.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone of those options would defend humanity adequately.

The real question...How much time do I have to fondle each rifle before the Zombies come through the door ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Colt w/ fun switch and can

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I would love to have a burst option but only a double not a 3 round. I think even an echo binary would be sweet if reliable. Nice rig also love the can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Closest thing to this....

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#25]
FPNI
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Either a Colt 6920 or a LMT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caeser2001] [#27]
LMT, an Aimpoint m4s and if I'm lucky a KAC corncob.

My LMT with 21k through is more accurate than all 3 BCMs I've had.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#28]
My work AR since it's already set up the way I like it. A Colt M4
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#29]
[ACR....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Which ever one feels most like the m4gery I keep at home is the one I am taking. With a spare bolt pulled from another rifle just in case.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Been around the block thrice.

LMT.

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

Everything wears out.

Anything mechanical can and will fail.

Anything made by the hands of man is failable.
View Quote
Prove it. I challenge you to break an LMT enhanced bolt. You'd actually be the first I've heard of. 5.56 or .308.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Those have only existed since when, 2003? Give it time. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#35]
10.5 LMT w/NT4.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Palmetto state armory. I can be budget conscience while prepping...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Tango Chaser frankengun AR in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Ruger 10/22 with Butler Creek side fold stock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
The closest one to me!

But I would choose my custom built SBR over them all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#41]
LMT L129A1 "Sharpshooter" 7.62

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Go with good old fashion Colt. Been to two wars with one already I'll take it to a 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Id pick LaRue first because I know their accuracy first hand and head shots are crucial.

Ideally set up for being suppressed with a compatible suppressor on hand as well. Not picky here - tranquilo, surefire, griffin, whatever.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#44]
MRP with enhanced bolt and an Aimpoint. Gtg
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:08:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooly] [#46]
Well...have a sar 1, sam7 and a A2 mid Armalite. But I think I'll use my tavor x95 bein its gonna be hooked up T2 and a m600 scout light.

And if its a gun you dont have within reason it would be a DD mk18.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fla556guy] [#47]
LaRue + Suppressor

Uses standard parts.  Accurate.  Good trigger.

KAC is nice, but uses uncommon specialty parts.

All my ARs have been my own builds.....i have a MBT in one but that's the only LaRue product i own that is in use.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:20:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fla556guy] [#48]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Maybe you should try one.  Buy quality and you won't need to replace your bolt.
View Quote
With the AR platform, it's not a matter of if you will break a bolt, it's a matter of how many rounds it takes.

And the battlefield Las Vegas owner who has posted his company's experience with high round count guns here is why I came to that conclusion.  The bolt is the most common fail point for an AR and high end doesn't mean no breakages.....at best, it just means longer between them.  Shorter barrels break bolts faster.

Edit:  I don't own a LaRue rifle.  Just a MBT now (have an eotech mount but no eotech).
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#49]
KAC is nice and all but I want parts compatibility.

People preach about how reliable KAC is, but for some reason they discount murphy's law. Shit happens and shit breaks.

A warranty does no good in this thread's scenario.

Give me a close to milspec AR and a Glock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Compatibility would be almost completely insignificant in an apocalyptic scenario. If the population is >50% deceased/zombified/whatever, there will be complete weapons all over the place, there for the taking. If you can't find a part for your Steyr AUG or whatever, just swap to a GI M4A1 until you can raid the Steyr facility in AL.

It wouldn't take long to organize a defensive compound with a nice assortment of stuff. Anyone going outside the wire with only one firearm, or without backup, is pretty foolish.

Once established, you could pretty much do "weird gun of the day" if you felt like it. It shouldn't matter much if one or two of the team's weapons went down. It's not like zombies shoot back.

I'd go for bayonet lugs as a convenient last resort.
Doesn't really add weight, assuming you'd already want a knife.
Obviously not an option for SAWs etc.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top