Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 5:53:45 PM EDT
Just got back from watching this at the theatre. Was much better than I expected. I thought it was a great zombie flick. Will definitely add this to my DVD collection when it's out on shelves. My wife left the theatre after 10 minutes cause it scared her too much. Anyone else seen it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I loved the book.  I had no idea that it was being made into a movie!  Definitely want to see it - but expect to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know it was a book. I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks pretty good, I will have to check it out or at least read the book
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I just watched the trailer. Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Watched it tonight and thought it was pretty good.  Worth a watch.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a good movie with a well thought out plot. Is the book close to the movie or will I glean something from reading the book that wasn't in the movie?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow this was good,

Never heard of it and the box cover caught my attention and told the wife "that looks like a zombie movie"

Really liked it
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:47:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#9]
I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd acts. The 1st act was intriguing and in the 2nd act, they did a nice job with showing nature taking over without a human presence. But the 3rd art was horrible with characters doing completely uncharacteristic things just for the convenience of moving the plot; which was capped off with that cringe-worthy standoff between the fungal feral children. I thought the ending was a nice though though; with it being bittersweet and not a typical happy ending trope.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
One of the better flicks in the genre.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked it
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know what to think when I started watching it, but said, eh, I'll stick it out and see how it turns out.

Turns out it was really a SMART Zombie Movie...

Good Flick!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw this the other day when flipping for movies on one of the apps.  I watched the trailer and thought "meh, I don't trust zombie movies".  It sounds like it might actually be worth watching based on some of the posts here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By revengeismine:
I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd acts. The 1st act was intriguing and in the 2nd act, they did a nice job with showing nature taking over without a human presence. But the 3rd art was horrible with characters doing completely uncharacteristic things just for the convenience of moving the plot; which was capped off with that cringe-worthy standoff between the fungal feral children. I thought the ending was a nice though though; with it being bittersweet and not a typical happy ending trope.
View Quote
Same here.  I never read the book so I don't know how the story ends there but it felt like they just had to create some sloppy scenes to get to the finale.
3/5
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was pretty good.

Caught it on Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Willz:
I thought it was pretty good.

Caught it on Amazon Prime.
View Quote
I also caught in on Amazon prime a few months back.
I thought is was okay.  Ending wasn't unexpected or very satisfying.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I knew from the trailer. The shelter scenes were filmed at RAF Upper Heyford, my old stomping grounds between 82 - 84.

Spent many a freezing shift out there wrenching on F-111Es for Nato and USAFE. Now, I have to see this movie.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aussie_E] [#18]
Book has a sequel which I hope they turn into a movie as well.

The Boy on the Bridge

Paddy Considine is one of the most unheralded British actors/directors. Check out Dead Man's Shoes and Tyrannosaur.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Just watched this on Amazon Prime last night.   As usual, you guys are ahead of me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought the movie on Apple. I would give it a D+ for a grade. The whole feral growling hamster ?? thing was something I would expect in a B movie. Also the happy ending with the teacher giving the ferals on the outside of the bubble lessons was retarded.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I never heard of this movie before and I bought it when it was released on Bluray disc. Yes, it was a good movie, but, it was not a "zombie" movie. The humans were not dead, so, they were not zombies. They were infected and their brains were controlled by the fungus infection that was slowly killing them. And the children were not "zombies." They were not dead, but, their brains were mutating with the fungus infection acting as a parasite in a symbiotic relationship. So, no zombies at all in this movie. Still, it was a good movie.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
I bought the movie on Apple. I would give it a D+ for a grade. The whole feral growling hamster ?? thing was something I would expect in a B movie. Also the happy ending with the teacher giving the ferals on the outside of the bubble lessons was retarded.
View Quote
OK, so I bought the bluray and watched this movie and I don't have a clue as to what "feral growling hamster thing" that you are referring to is. Are you referring to the infected/mutant children? Because there weren't any hamsters in the movie. As to the "happy ending," it didn't look like a happy ending to me. Looked like the human race was extinct and the "girl with all the gifts" that battled and defeated the children's leader, took his place and is making the illiterate mutant kids attend lessons from the teacher so they will eventually become civilized and literate, at least as much as she was. Didn't sound like a bad idea with the situation that they were dealing with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#23]
Originally Posted By INV136:
I never heard of this movie before and I bought it when it was released on Bluray disc. Yes, it was a good movie, but, it was not a "zombie" movie. The humans were not dead, so, they were not zombies. They were infected and their brains were controlled by the fungus infection that was slowly killing them. And the children were not "zombies." They were not dead, but, their brains were mutating with the fungus infection acting as a parasite in a symbiotic relationship. So, no zombies at all in this movie. Still, it was a good movie.
View Quote
People always kluge infection movies (this, 28 Days Later, The Crazies) with zombie movies for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Meh, it was okay. I’ve seen about every zombie movie ever made. I liked Rockabilly Zombie Weekend better.

Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By INV136:

OK, so I bought the bluray and watched this movie and I don't have a clue as to what "feral growling hamster thing" that you are referring to is. Are you referring to the infected/mutant children? Because there weren't any hamsters in the movie. As to the "happy ending," it didn't look like a happy ending to me. Looked like the human race was extinct and the "girl with all the gifts" that battled and defeated the children's leader, took his place and is making the illiterate mutant kids attend lessons from the teacher so they will eventually become civilized and literate, at least as much as she was. Didn't sound like a bad idea with the situation that they were dealing with.  
View Quote
How many days until the teacher is out of food and supplies?  Yes I meant the feral growling kids.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PARA-FN-FAL:
It's a good movie with a well thought out plot. Is the book close to the movie or will I glean something from reading the book that wasn't in the movie?
View Quote
Zombie movie with a well thought out plot??
Not sure I'm buying that one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PhulesAu:

Zombie movie with a well thought out plot??
Not sure I'm buying that one.
View Quote
Not a zombie movie.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top