Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2016 12:03:53 PM EDT
When we have accidentally set off our security alarm, it seems as loud as most gun shots.  Has anyone heard of a device that can simulate gun fire at such volumes?  I would like to scatter a few around the property, so it would need to be battery powered and remote controlled.
-Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That is awesome but 5 grand Id rather have a real gun. I like the idea of something like this with motion sensor activation keep the idiots off the property.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm  sure you could rig up a propane cannon.  Farmers use them to keep birds out of fields & orchards certain times of the year.  They usually have some sort of timer and go off at set intervals.

Quick google search yeilded this.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just use firecrackers and an electric igniter? Then just connect that to whatever system you want to use, remote controlled, motion sensor, a pressure plate, trip wire, etc. Keeping things water resistant might be a challenge but it would still be very low cost. Maybe I'm missing something?
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is something to gather attention, but likely wouldnt be going back for, you would want something cheap and easy to manufacture....
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it is something to gather attention, but likely wouldnt be going back for, you would want something cheap and easy to manufacture....
View Quote

Yep I used to rig my property with those pull string poppers and fishing line trip lines tied to them loud enough to scare but not dangerous to injure. No lawsuit but should scare kids to stop goin into your property.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep I used to rig my property with those pull string poppers and fishing line trip lines tied to them loud enough to scare but not dangerous to injure. No lawsuit but should scare kids to stop goin into your property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to thinking about it.   Maybe something remote controlled...
Like an old school bell-ringing alarm
Or something that simulates gun fire

The gun fire thing sould be handy against the living too
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
click
View Quote

That's pretty cool.

... in before NY bans that too?
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
click

That's pretty cool.

I looked around and couldnt find that device on the website, but judging from the price of other items

WoW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top