Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2015 10:47:08 AM EDT
Has anybody been watching?  Has it got any better?  OR........ is it the same old silliness.

I gave up at the end of season 3.  Just wanted to see if it is worth a look on Netflix.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I never stopped watching.  I'm not in love with the show, but it is better than nothing.  Still plenty of silliness.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What keeps it going is the lack of anything better on tv.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, there are zombies, so right off the bat, there is THAT silliness.

So if you know that going in, probably best to be willing to stretch your imagination a bit more.

I like the show, reckon its about as believable as anything else I have seen with unbelievable and mythical creatures in it.  

I think that they have done a bit better job in reducing the silly gun-play and making it a bit more believable.  Still don't understand why every single gun in the armory isn't equipped with a suppressor, but maybe that is just me.

Also, maybe I am just sheltered here in the mid-west, but really can't understand anyone living in that world not having a sidearm, melee weapon AND slung long gun at all times.

Overall, I give the show a solid 7 out of 10.  

just my .02 cents worth.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Rick has new pie now, maybe he will relax a little.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some time off coming up.  I guess I will look it up on netflix.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The last couple of episodes are wearing me down.  I feel like it's going to be the same shit rehashed over and over...the GF and I are losing interest, but we're still giving it a go.

FTWD, however, left us wanting more.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want a gauge of this season, check out my blog:

couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's entertaining, ya like all shows some of the episodes suck but whatevs lol...
Also it's a human drama with zombies, not a zombie show with drama thrown in, so if ur cool with that give it a try again
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I quit watching after season 2. Was just a bunch of crap after that. i watched an episode a while back with my girlfriend. It had gay dudes in it...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been a huge Walking Dead fan all along, but this season (6) has been lame. Tired of all the past and present switchbacks....and Glenn died
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rick has new pie now, maybe he will relax a little.
View Quote

Agreed! Now Coral and Maggie needs to locate their's
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been a huge Walking Dead fan all along, but this season (6) has been lame. Tired of all the past and present switchbacks....and Glenn died
View Quote

So they actually killed Glen off?  Wow!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Sunday we find out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Dibs, just in case

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well with Jeffrey Dean Morgan coming in as Negan it's probably better if Glenn is dead.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I like it. I still cringe at all the missing rear sights. It ain't bad though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't even watch the show but it's all my coworkers have been talking about for the past month.
I hope they'll shut up now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#18]
so very close to carl taking one to the head.... so close.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

so very close to carl taking one to the head.... so close.
View Quote

One can only hope.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like it. I still cringe at all the missing rear sights. It ain't bad though.
View Quote

Yeah, I hear you.  Or Daryl's crossbow with a picatinny rail and no sight whatsoever.  Just take the freaking rail off for crying out loud.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]

My Walking Dead Episode 607 review is now up.  I will have Episode 608 posted by the end of the week.

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/12/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead.html
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#22]
My review of Episode 608 is now posted:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/12/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead_3.html
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I binge watched the 2nd half of season 4 up through season 6 and really enjoyed it.  I think it's gotten a lot better since compared to the first 3 season.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Stopped watching it a few weeks ago, maybe longer.  

Don't miss it.

Found myself hating it this season.  

Really hated it during the episode where the angry black dude was being taught by the pussy white dude to bow, puss, and swing a fucking mop handle.  

Life is too short to watch shit TV.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#25]
This whole thread is blasphemy!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I enjoy the show. My wife and two girls all like it so we plan our Sunday evening activities around it. I'll usually grill or something and then we'll all spend time together in the living room watching it.

Admittedly it does have it's silly, "Why the fuck would you do that!!!" moments but we watch it strictly for entertainment value. Same with Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad when it was on.

It's a fucking TV show. We don't make political, financial, or personal decisions based on it or what it's actors do. Some people need to lighten up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#27]
My review is up:

Link
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I enjoy the show. My wife and two girls all like it so we plan our Sunday evening activities around it. I'll usually grill or something and then we'll all spend time together in the living room watching it.

Admittedly it does have it's silly, "Why the fuck would you do that!!!" moments but we watch it strictly for entertainment value. Same with Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad when it was on.

It's a fucking TV show. We don't make political, financial, or personal decisions based on it or what it's actors do. Some people need to lighten up.
View Quote

This is one of the few shows my wife and I can agree on.

I read the comics and enjoy comparing the differences.
The Walking Dead is not a pure action/adventure nor is it a pure soap opera type show. I think of it similar to the movie "The Road". It's about inter-personal relations and surviving in a shit world with action thrown in. It's a drama. Now, the decision making could be a lot different but, guess what, much of the decision making follows with the comic. That's just how it is. If bad decisions weren't made at certain points then we wouldn't get to where we are.

If someone doesn't like the show then don't watch. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What keeps it going is the lack of anything better on tv.
View Quote

Agreed.
I like it when there is Action, but I hate the Drama crap. . .
If I wanted to see drama , I would watch the Hallmark channel.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I stopped watching in season 1 when they find a buncha Mexican gangbangers doing a drive by on some zombies but it turns out they're actually taking care of a buncha old white grandmas in a retirement center.  I don't need that kind of retarded PC screen writing in my life.  I think interest in the show is dying everywhere but I remember like 3 years ago at least 25% of all posts on Facebook were walking dead related lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#32]
stopped watching in season 2 when that govenor guy picked up an AR15 that had a front sight and a rail with no rearsight or optics and was making some nice shots with it. That made me decide that it wasn't gonna get better if they can't figure that one out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I never stopped watching.  I'm not in love with the show, but it is better than nothing.  Still plenty of silliness.

View Quote

I stopped watching when the show went from action to 90% talking each episode.  So, what, half-way through the first season?  Before the black chick arrived.

Not sure why people love it - it really does suck balls.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Um...there's gigantic threads for both shows...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd love to see just ONE episode where after all this time to acclimate themselves to the 'zombie environment' they appear to have their shit together.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife and daughter still watch it but I stopped watching in the middle of season 2. There was just too much silliness and they ruined the premise of what could have been a good show.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey, speaking of the walking crap. It's supposed to start here before long. Anybody taking any bets on who Negan is going to kill at the beginning of the season?  I will probably continue to not watch it, but I do read the reviews that you guys put up on this board. The wait is almost over.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Show could be a great prepper show with characters doing survival shit while dodging zombies. Too much personal drama during a "no shit" survival situation. How may episodes have someone getting killed because they were busy with the personal drama crap and not keeping situational awareness?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Wait, has the new season started? I haven't seen one commercial. Last episode I saw was the one where someone was presumably killed by Negeen? Have newer episodes come out?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
You can skip the episode in season 6 when the black dude spends over an hour showing how he adopted Tai Chi and can't kill anybody anymore. I hate those Psyop episodes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#41]
You can skip the episode in season 6 when the black dude spends over an hour showing how he adopted Tai Chi and can't kill anybody anymore. I hate those Psyop episodes.
View Quote

I guess he/producers didn't know Tai Chi can be very devastating when the kata is sped up to the speed of other martial artist styles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey, speaking of the walking crap. It's supposed to start here before long. Anybody taking any bets on who Negan is going to kill at the beginning of the season?  I will probably continue to not watch it, but I do read the reviews that you guys put up on this board. The wait is almost over.
View Quote

Maggie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top