Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2015 1:16:56 AM EDT
I got into a "lively" discussion w/ some buddies about the best load-out if you were going out into the world
after Z-poc for Twinkie raids or whatever. The consensus was that you needed a rife; M-4 or an AK, a secondary (my pick was a G-23 w/ G-19 conversion parts, 2 ammo type option)
Where we really argued was the type of blade, whether it should be a survival knife like an ESEE 5 or a short sword like a Gladius or?
What say the slayers of the undead?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Short sword, whether it be gladius, katana, or machete and have backup knife...assuming they're walking dead walkwrs , not the wwZ ones that are superhuman and faster stronger and smarter dead than in life....
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I would have both a knife and a machete.  Knife on my war belt, machete on my pack.
I have a number of knives to choose from, any one of them could/would wind up on my belt.   I would lash the kydex sheath of my Zombie Tools UBM machete to my pack for easy access.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Urban? A small Halligan tool and medium fixed blade knife.

Going to be more important to be able to open any door you see.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Fast movers and it wont make a difference.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
kabar

Ive trained in kenjitsu and iado and have several folded steal swords. Id rather pack extra mags for my rifle
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just starting out in the zombie thing. What do I need to look cool.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just starting out in the zombie thing. What do I need to look cool.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I maintain my position on the use of bayonets vs zombies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]
my sig 522 22lr, light ammo and 100% reliable. lcr 22, 100% reliable. cold steel bat and claw hammer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Cold Steel Boar spear, and Indian War Club.  All leather jacket, pants, and neck guard, Full face Helmet, too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quick excursions, with a planned return to base right?

War Belt:  3 mags for AR, 2 for hand gun. Knife. Tomahawk. & Flashlight. Full Size 9mm.
AR15
Camelback hydration.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I would personally go for the short sword/machete listing. Depends on what I am doing though. I also like a Halligan tool.....entry tool and second duty pointed steel impact weapon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would personally go for the short sword/machete listing. Depends on what I am doing though. I also like a Halligan tool.....entry tool and second duty pointed steel impact weapon.
View Quote

I agree with the halligan loadout, except as OP said you're already rocking an ar15 ans side arm...at that point i think the halligan starts to get unweildly with too kuch equipment hanging off you....also will start to slow you down. Though having a quality tactical hammer that can double as an offensive weapon and door opener may be more practical over a halligan
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I still like Soviet Bayos, because the blade is nice and thick, my guess it will never break, plus it can cut barbwire.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I still like Soviet Bayos, because the blade is nice and thick, my guess it will never break, plus it can cut barbwire.
View Quote

the m44 or mosin nagant 91/30  bayonet is perfect for this. I'm not so sure of akm type 2 or 3 bayonets type one plenty thick enough.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

the m44 or mosin nagant 91/30  bayonet is perfect for this. I'm not so sure of akm type 2 or 3 bayonets type one plenty thick enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but then you're stuck carrying a mosin If I want a spear ill get a cold steal boar spear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top