Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Soo everyone is infected and when you die, you turn into a zombie, yet if you get bit you almost immediately die and turn into a zombie......Medical magic.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soo everyone is infected and when you die, you turn into a zombie, yet if you get bit you almost immediately die and turn into a zombie......Medical magic.
View Quote

No , you can live for quite awhile after being bit in TWD world.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Everybody and their uncle running around with full-auto, including full-auto weapons that are as rare as hen's teeth in the States.

I can see a few M4s and M-16s looted from overrun military checkpoints, or an occasional MP5 taken from a police armory. Hell, I could see the occasional pre-Zed, privately owned NFA weapon or Mini-14 and AK converted after the SHTF.

However, the level of "happy switch" reached ridiculous levels starting with Season 3.

The majority of those weapon should be semi-auto.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I disagree.

The number of government arsenals (police, LE) and not to mention the sheer number of small arms manufacturers in that area of the country would likely to lead to a fair supply of Full-Auto when you're years into the Z-Apocalypse.

Thing that would get tough to find is the damn ammunition.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
And all the seppressed wpns also, they found several hidden at a looted gun shop,but what's the chance they would be correct thread ,caliber etc?

They need to find a creek and wash up also !
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it very realistic, don't forget that they are in The South part of the country, and

1 Everyone owns a silenced full auto AR with NVG scope in the south,
2 Unfired AK rounds litter the ground, like tree leaves, in the south,
3 Everyone owns a Orange Charger in the south
4 Oh and my favorite, hot women all dressed in Daisy Duke shorts with shirts tied up at their midsection...in the south

This show has at least 3 of the 4 items listed above, very realistic....

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]

This thread needs more pics of guns and chicks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I enjoy the Walking Dead, but Game of Thrones kicks it's arse.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Shit just got real... Real gay  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Notice when Rick and crew went for Beth and then Carol, they didn't go looking for help from Ricks old buddies the Vatos.  When I realized they were back in Atlanta I thought that was the first place the writers would have taken them.  In real life a bad choice.  They could be completely unstable, with new illogical leadership, but most likely, they are stumbling around with a hunger they can't satisfy. Back then no one knew you could turn without being bitten.  With all those old people and unlocked doors, nothing good could have come from it.

But "common sense" prevailed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
For a bunch of "survivors" they sure suck at implementing any useful security protocols, considering how long they've been at it.

They never seem to set up a perimeter or over-watch etc. They are plain retarded.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For a bunch of "survivors" they sure suck at implementing any useful security protocols, considering how long they've been at it.

They never seem to set up a perimeter or over-watch etc. They are plain retarded.  
View Quote

They went with Noah, without hesitation, after he could have easily caused the deaths of Carol & Daryl. Someone pointed it out in the GD mega-thread.

Some people say that all the fun would be taken out of the show, if they were smart. I disagree, because I believe that there would be a bunch of possibilities for good storytelling, if there were smart survivors.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Some people say that all the fun would be taken out of the show, if they were smart. I disagree, because I believe that there would be a bunch of possibilities for good storytelling, if there were smart survivors.
View Quote

Agreed.  I have never found smart and resourceful people to be boring.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
So, why did they build those support beams outside their perimeter?

Seems like you'd want the support beams on the inside.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it might be because that's a real neighborhood and the residents probably objected.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

- An apparent unlimited supply of .357mag/38spl

- Every rifle is full-auto like they're just lying around

- Novice shooters making headshots on moving targets, while on the run

- No mention of running out of TP

- Maggie is ready to run off on an adventure without ever asking where her sister is

- They were going to check out Terminus before going in.  They watched the place for 5 damn minutes

- In the first season, one of the deputies thumbs the safety on his Glock, with an audible click no less

- They still haven't figured out the buddy system
View Quote
That's nice....

How the fuck do they still shave?!?!?!

Rick is the only one that has the wild beard. Everyone else is clean shaven.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thing that I couldn't get around is all the focus on decision-by-emotion.  In a kill-be-killed world, you don't do that, you can't do that.  Even when that whole plan backfires, they don't learn.  Making the same mistake over and over again like that ends in fail.  Yet the entire show is about that, reaffirming that decision-by-emotioni is OK in a very subtle way.  Not to mention all the special-class bullshit.  

Anyhow, I couldn't watch it after that.  It's a soap opera disguised in z-apoc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The thing that I couldn't get around is all the focus on decision-by-emotion.  In a kill-be-killed world, you don't do that, you can't do that.  Even when that whole plan backfires, they don't learn.  Making the same mistake over and over again like that ends in fail.  Yet the entire show is about that, reaffirming that decision-by-emotioni is OK in a very subtle way.  Not to mention all the special-class bullshit.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to TV... WWF Wrestling is a Soap Opera. BSG was a Soap Opera. Strike Back is a Soap Opera. Everything is a Soap Opera.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

LoL so you think the zombies are believable.  

Have you also noticed that they never show anyone taking a shit?  Must be a medical miracle to.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have you also noticed that they never show anyone taking a shit?  Must be a medical miracle to.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, this last episode the construction guy told Abraham, "Mind keeping watch? I got to send a fax to Cleveland."

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm enjoying the latest season, it's going to get interesting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm enjoying the latest season, it's going to get interesting.
View Quote

I'm ok with the season thus far.  TWD and 12 Monkeys are the only things I watch on TV these days.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually, this last episode the construction guy told Abraham, "Mind keeping watch? I got to send a fax to Cleveland."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Sending a Fax to Cleveland was funny.

That foreman going to the mayor lady and singing Abraham's praises was very standup of him. I found it pretty surprising.

I'm also very tired of the full-auto stuff. Ok, let's say you find it left somewhere in an armory; that's fine. But why would you put your gun in full auto all the time? It's not like you have infinite ammo.

At least they are thinking tactical in the town; they thought it crazy to not have a sniper in the church tower. That's a start!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate to one of "those guys" but...

Can you imagine ANYONE living this long in THAT world and not wanting to carry at a minimum a pistol 24/7?  And a couple reloads...?

My question to them is, "So you have so little faith in the decision making ability and impulse control of the rest of this community no one can carry a gun for fear of...?  Going off and shooting one another?"

The concern makes me want to be armed all the more...

I'd be like, "Damn right you will carry.  Everyone will carry. All the time.  Until you prove a danger to yourself or others."  Some basic mandatory on-going training and such...

I know, I know...I think too much about this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hate to one of "those guys" but...

Can you imagine ANYONE living this long in THAT world and not wanting to carry at a minimum a pistol 24/7?  And a couple reloads...?

My question to them is, "So you have so little faith in the decision making ability and impulse control of the rest of this community no one can carry a gun for fear of...?  Going off and shooting one another?"

The concern makes me want to be armed all the more...

I'd be like, "Damn right you will carry.  Everyone will carry. All the time.  Until you prove a danger to yourself or others."  Some basic mandatory on-going training and such...

I know, I know...I think too much about this.
View Quote

isn't this the only place that the group has come to that didn't have weapons. It's definitely has to be the only place that didn't have a look out..  this town has been extremely sheltered.  I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I have to say the directors and writers are getting more clever.  They have to find new ways to make zombies interesting.  The scene at the store (a couple of seasons ago) when the zombies started falling the roof was creative.  The scene in the revolving doors was very clever, and the when Noah disappearing and then pressing up against the glass door was nearly genius.  Maybe my hopes were low, but I am enjoying this years writing and directing, its going places I wasn't expecting.

Joke at work on Monday was "Everybody ate Chris".  Kinda of funny.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not even remotely "disguised."

The creator said on the record multiple times during the very first season (when it became an overnight sensation and everyone was interviewing him) that the show was "not a 'zombie show' " but rather "it's a soap opera that happens to have zombies in it."

No disguise, and no apology.

I like it, soap and all... and, apparently, I am not alone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... Anyhow, I couldn't watch it after that.  It's a soap opera disguised in z-apoc.

The creator said on the record multiple times during the very first season (when it became an overnight sensation and everyone was interviewing him) that the show was "not a 'zombie show' " but rather "it's a soap opera that happens to have zombies in it."

Not even close to being alone.

I will continue to watch as long as it is on.  I am invested in the characters now and, well...there's zombies in addition.  Win win.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't seen a single episode this season.... and don't miss it one little bit.  The Farm killed it for em, and then the Stupidity of the prison thing was it for me.

ETA: I don't recall..... did Carl eat the pudding on the roof this season or last?  I may have seen one episode.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I haven't seen a single episode this season.... and don't miss it one little bit.  The Farm killed it for em, and then the Stupidity of the prison thing was it for me.

ETA: I don't recall..... did Carl eat the pudding on the roof this season or last?  I may have seen one episode.
View Quote

That was Season 4.  This is 5...
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I will continue to watch as long as it is on.  I am invested in the characters now and, well...there's zombies in addition.  Win win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
... Anyhow, I couldn't watch it after that.  It's a soap opera disguised in z-apoc.

Yep, it's a soap.  A drama about people, where the real monsters are also people.  Walkers are about as dangerous as rattlesnakes - there's ways to avoid trouble, and the only time they are dangerous is when you've stepped too close to them.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

A drama about people, where the real monsters are also people.

View Quote

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#39]
UGH... The prison.
There is no WAY they should have got pushed out of that prison. So the Governor has a tank and some mounted machine guns. Who cares, once Hershall dies you fall back into the prison.
If they hit a tower or a wall with a tank shell, that's one less shell. They don't have infinite shells.
At some point, if the Governor wants to win he will have to have his men dismount and enter on foot. Rick and team have keys to most of the doors. It should have been like duck hunt killing the governor and his men once they enter the prison.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

UGH... The prison.

There is no WAY they should have got pushed out of that prison. So the Governor has a tank and some mounted machine guns. Who cares, once Hershall dies you fall back into the prison.

If they hit a tower or a wall with a tank shell, that's one less shell. They don't have infinite shells.

At some point, if the Governor wants to win he will have to have his men dismount and enter on foot. Rick and team have keys to most of the doors. It should have been like duck hunt killing the governor and his men once they enter the prison.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/61370/bal-10-questions-for-the-walking-dead-season-4-007.jpg
View Quote
Read the comic...

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Here's my gripe about how the series handled the prison.  They supposedly patched every hole in the fence, except for a big gaping hole in a brick wall.  In the 6 or so months they were supposedly there after taking on the 60+ leftover survivors in Woodbury, the place should've been walker free and locked down.  I also feel they should've had a tighter grip on the whereabouts of everyone in the fence.  That would've eliminated any issues about Carl disappearing, kids feeding walkers, or Carol dragging out and burning two bodies without anyone noticing.

Bringing in all the Woodbury folks raises even more questions regarding how seamlessly they integrated 60+ people onto the group, especially when it appears there are too many strong personalities for them to get along with anyone otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#42]
*spoilers*

Last night, the first thing I noticed when Daryl and his buddy approached those trucks was the strings with cans and shit hanging off them. Perhaps look a bit more into that stuff before triggering a stupid trap.
Those "W" Wolves guys seem like clowns. Not sure how Rick and the crew don't just mud stomp their nuts in one episode... But I shall watch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
*spoilers*

Last night, the first thing I noticed when Daryl and his buddy approached those trucks was the strings with cans and shit hanging off them. Perhaps look a bit more into that stuff before triggering a stupid trap.
Those "W" Wolves guys seem like clowns. Not sure how Rick and the crew don't just mud stomp their nuts in one episode... But I shall watch.
View Quote

+elevinty-billion.

I realize its a TV show but it gets frustrating...

...but I'll watch too....
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Great end to the season, they ramped the tension up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
*spoilers*

View Quote

I wasn't expecting a trap when I saw the cans hanging.  I figured they were part of an intruder detection system.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#46]
The Gov is a pretty good shot with that Steyr at 200 yards.

1.5 power scope.............with an eye patch in front of it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I want to be in a 3 way with Lauren Cohen and Melissa Mcbride
View Quote

I would add Emily Kinney and make it a 4 way

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top