Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Horrible acting and everything else. Show is strangely addicting though lol.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave up on it, just couldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any one know what gun the Delta Force guy is using? I tried finding it on google but no luck.
View Quote
KAC PDW

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Horrible acting and everything else. Show is strangely addicting though lol.
View Quote

You know.... I kinda like it for that reason.  It feels a little "lighter" than the usual zompoc tradedy.  I love "Doc".  If they kill him off I am gonna quit watching.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the show lost it's main star power. I'm not seeing a renewal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but how long does it take to get to the left coast anyway. looks like they ar halfway there already. the only thing left after they get there and find nothing is to head north to hook up with citizen Z.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm figurin the guy that was bit by zeds is gonna be some kinda zombie king and unite the zeds to chase them around the country.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#8]
So far, this show rates a C- at best.  But it's got zombies in it so I can't stop watching.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are ruthless at killing off characters.  It does have bouncing bewbies and guns. So it has that going for them. If any of the chicks die, I`ll stop watching. I loved the M110 getting some on screen action.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm 7 episodes deep into this show and I'm loving it.

1. the acting sucks. its a bunch of c listers

2. its creative

3. its fucking hilarious. the one liners are epic especially doc's

4. its way better than TWD.

5. its obviously produced by arfcommers or people of the same mentality.

they basically went down the list of gripes about TWD and made sure they didn't do that.

last episode "do you have any weapons with you?"  "uh...yes" "good we aren't babysitting you!"

FUCKING WIN.

this show is what happens when you mix the attitude of zombie land with the acting and writing of army of darkness.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

last episode "do you have any weapons with you?"  "uh...yes" "good we aren't babysitting you!"

View Quote

That was in direct reference to the last episode where they were disarmed before entering the former .mil post.  They made a big deal of disarming believing it made the camp safe.  

I am actually enjoying watching it between The Walking Dead episodes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm 7 episodes deep into this show and I'm loving it.

1. the acting sucks. its a bunch of c listers

2. its creative

3. its fucking hilarious. the one liners are epic especially doc's

4. its way better than TWD.

5. its obviously produced by arfcommers or people of the same mentality.

they basically went down the list of gripes about TWD and made sure they didn't do that.

FUCKING WIN.

this show is what happens when you mix the attitude of zombie land with the acting and writing of army of darkness.
View Quote

^^^^^THIS!
It's a good bad, not supposed to be serious.  Some of the zombie kills are just awesome.  Cheesy one liners. It's stupid but fun. The Zbaby almost made me stop watching but it got better.
TWD is so serious and intense its nice to have some fun during the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I watched an episode on YouTube after seeing this thread and I have to say that it's absolutely horrible. Some of the fan made zombie movies for YouTube are way better and it's nowhere close to TWD in every way. I don't know how any of you guys didn't shake your head after one grueling episode and pretend like you never saw it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I watched an episode on YouTube after seeing this thread and I have to say that it's absolutely horrible. Some of the fan made zombie movies for YouTube are way better and it's nowhere close to TWD in every way. I don't know how any of you guys didn't shake your head after one grueling episode and pretend like you never saw it.
View Quote

thats the point of the show. its everything TWD is not.

I have a news flash. if you have more 3 brain cells to rub together TWD sucks shit.

this  is TWD, I know because I've watched every episode:

Hi I'm psycho rick, for some fucking reason people who are dumber than shit follow me. I've gotten a solid 100+ people killed in the zombie apocalypse by making one incredibly stupid decision after another. I am only alive because the writers are stringing this turd along for people who crave idiot drama that we are  making stupid money advertising to.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I expected it to be worse than it is. I'm surprised that they are killing off characters that I thought would be long time survivors. Makes it a little more interesting
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, I think I missed an episode. What happened to the young girl and her boyfriend?
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Okay, I think I missed an episode. What happened to the young girl and her boyfriend?
View Quote

Nothing....but the dude that survived the bite is showing a dark side..but I still was laughing....they got me hooked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Anyplace to catch up on missed episodes for free?

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#19]
What was the deal with the Russian Astronaut?Was he real or a hallucination or what?I saw that he was suspected of killing his crew but why did he keep looking at that piece of equipment in the warehouse?I was sharpening knives at the time so I was distracted somewhat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What was the deal with the Russian Astronaut?Was he real or a hallucination or what?I saw that he was suspected of killing his crew but why did he keep looking at that piece of equipment in the warehouse?I was sharpening knives at the time so I was distracted somewhat.
View Quote

Oxygen deprivation/hallucinating.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earlier Citizen Z was checking gauges and taking notes.  One of the gauges they showed was CO ppm.  Carbon Monoxide.  When he got back to the control room he was having a headache and blurred vision.  I think they even tried to change his skin color red a little but it was faint on my screen.  All of those are signs of CO poisoning.  He was hallucinating from the exposure.  He even knocked the Kidde CO detector from the ceiling that was alarming.

One sign he as hallucinating is that the Russian knew his name was Simon and he had not told his real name.  Simon had called himself Citizen Z.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Earlier Citizen Z was checking gauges and taking notes.  One of the gauges they showed was CO ppm.  Carbon Monoxide.  When he got back to the control room he was having a headache and blurred vision.  I think they even tried to change his skin color red a little but it was faint on my screen.  All of those are signs of CO poisoning.  He was hallucinating from the exposure.  He even knocked the Kidde CO detector from the ceiling that was alarming.

One sign he as hallucinating is that the Russian knew his name was Simon and he had not told his real name.  Simon had called himself Citizen Z.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank You Gentlemen.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have a news flash. if you have more 3 brain cells to rub together TWD sucks shit.

Hi I'm psycho rick, for some fucking reason people who are dumber than shit follow me. I've gotten a solid 100+ people killed in the zombie apocalypse by making one incredibly stupid decision after another. I am only alive because the writers are stringing this turd along for people who crave idiot drama that we are  making stupid money advertising to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not made with any quality, decent acting and seems more like a Youtube fan made series by people who got up one day and said "let's try and make a zombie series on our IPhone." TWD is as much about the characters as it is about the zombie apocalypse. People would flip out in the real world and make mistakes. It would be a boring show if it was all run and gun shoot em' up zombie fest week after week or if the actors said their lines like they were making them up on the spot. The one episode I watched was "Philly feast" btw. So the official news flash is if you like TWD you're an idiot and if you like low quality and bad acting then you're not. Okay.

Like what you like, but the popularity of TWD speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's not made with any quality, decent acting and seems more like a Youtube fan made series by people who got up one day and said "let's try and make a zombie series on our IPhone." TWD is as much about the characters as it is about the zombie apocalypse. People would flip out in the real world and make mistakes. It would be a boring show if it was all run and gun shoot em' up zombie fest week after week or if the actors said their lines like they were making them up on the spot. The one episode I watched was "Philly feast" btw. So the official news flash is if you like TWD you're an idiot and if you like low quality and bad acting then you're not. Okay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've read more into my post than is what there. I did not call you an idiot. The fact is, like it or not, TWD is written to generate as much idiot drama as possible. Idiot drama sells. Don't believe me? here is a thread started in GD this morning:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1682381_NASCAR_vs_F1.html

the op in that thread likes NASCAR because of the idiot drama following the race.

You are looking at the shows acting , which is good btw although not Breaking Bad quality, and the photography and production and saying "this is a quality show its good"

Its not. Its written as to force the characters into making stupid decisions to generate yet more drama. Look at the group moving through the woods last week. Holy fuck batman. they have not one but TWO members of the us army in their ranks and what are they all doing? walking through woods like a gaggle of idiots talking no spacing nothing. I expected an ambush at any second.

sure the show is popular. But popular doesn't always equal good. Duck Dynasty, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol are all very popular. But they aren't very good.

You look at Z Nation with its low budget, crappy acting and see "you tube quality"

you overlook its superior writing, wit, and situations.

The episode you watched deals with cannibals a topic also covered on TWD, Look at they way the two shows handle the subject matter,  Rick and his merry band of Tards waltz right into an obvious trap doing ZERO recon. Then when they make their escape what do they do? they leave some of the enemy alive.

meanwhile on Z-nation they make zombie kill of the week using the liberty bell. Later on during the rescue of their member from the cannibals they stage a hilarious situation within the rv, but when the bad guys enter Doc switches from tongue in cheek to no hesitation face shooting. cannibals get eaten by zombies and the gang gets away.

8 episodes in I'm convinced someone from Arfcom is producing this show. The weapons have been alot better and honestly look like stuff you would actually see in a ZHTF. They did make the "no rear sight" faux pax  ala TWD did in a recent episode. The one liners and hilarious situations are there too.

let me ask you this which do you prefer "Seinfeld" or "Southpark"?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Im still digging it. Its syfy channel acting but it is a fun series
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I like it,needs Bruce Campbell though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

exactly. You are entertained and enjoying it and at the end of the day thats the whole point.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

exactly. You are entertained and enjoying it and at the end of the day thats the whole point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just watched episode 1.

A few inconsistency flaws (like looking for weapons/food sometimes, and other times ignoring the obvious) and there's the goofy zombie baby again from DOTD 2004, but I have to say I like it overall.

Definitely an arfcommer on the weapons consulting.

I'll be watching it. TWD is entertaining also, but in a different way.  Znation is fast paced so far. Not really bad at all.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just watched episode 1.

A few inconsistency flaws (like looking for weapons/food sometimes, and other times ignoring the obvious) and there's the goofy zombie baby again from DOTD 2004, but I have to say I like it overall.

I'll be watching it. TWD is entertaining also, but in a different way.  Znation is fast paced so far. Not really bad at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just watched episode 1.

watch more. it gets better. the last episode was not that great but its competition the walking derp sucked royally this week.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

watch more. it gets better. the last episode was not that great but its competition the walking derp sucked royally this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just watched episode 1.

Up to episode 7. I still like it.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#31]
It is growing on me.  The episode with the shooting match was pretty lame, but I rather enjoyed the Groundhog Day-ish episode last week.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#32]

RE: the last episode.

They need to stop zombifying all the good looking wimmenz.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

RE: the last episode.

They need to stop zombifying all the good looking wimmenz.
View Quote

agreed. I'm wondering when we'll see that hot asian markswoman again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]

I actually fell asleep during the TWD episode last night. And I wasn't that tired.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I actually fell asleep during the TWD episode last night. And I wasn't that tired.
View Quote

I watched that episode last night. it was fucking terriable
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Are they going to have any original members left by the end of the season. Last night they just dumped one of the more redeeming characters. And over a crappy "love story theme. Come on. I will give it to the end of the season though. Maybe they can bring in Ving Rhames and kill him off. It appears to be the same Zombieverse (Zombie Apocalypse).
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are they going to have any original members left by the end of the season. Last night they just dumped one of the more redeeming characters. And over a crappy "love story theme. Come on. I will give it to the end of the season though. Maybe they can bring in Ving Rhames and kill him off. It appears to be the same Zombieverse (Zombie Apocalypse).
View Quote

They didn't kill her off so I'm guessing we'll see more of her in the future.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, what do you expect from a sister wife, militant lesbian cult compound... Im suprised they let the other men roll out. and since the lttle red head will most likley be out of the loop. I probably wont watch any more any way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fast movers I'm toast
View Quote
Woohoo! Motivation for me to exercise.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may be mistaken but didn't they kill off her boyfriend when he tried to run back to her from the vehicle? Hell, she's lost. He was salvageable.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#41]
They did not show him die.  All you heard were gun shots and they drove away.  Kind of misleading and leaves open the option to bring them back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They did not show him die.  All you heard were gun shots and they drove away.  Kind of misleading and leaves open the option to bring them back.
View Quote

Yea, but, I don't believe they were in the scenes for next week's show.
I wonder if Murphy ends up being the "Zombie King". Plus, the way this last episode went there will likely be a Zombie Prince or Princess at some point.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Watching my first episode
It's retarded
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#44]
The flashbacks in last night's episode were good, but overall the story was a C or C+.  Makeup for the zombies was really quite good, though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
It has grown on me to be honest
I view it as a comedy and really like the characters, Murphy and Doc especially . Not much left on TV worth watching anymore
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I missed last night's episode. Had to work. I will watch cuz nothing else is on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It has grown on me to be honest
I view it as a comedy and really like the characters, Murphy and Doc especially . Not much left on TV worth watching anymore
View Quote

This.  I am embarrassed to admit that I am looking forward to next season.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This.  I am embarrassed to admit that I am looking forward to next season.
View Quote

Hahahah!  This show is certainly a guilty pleasure. Can't wait for next season. I hope doc is ok!  If he dies I am gonna be real bummed.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
It's a good time waster, plus it's fun to just watch people NOT named Rick, or Daryl as they survive the zompocalypse.  That, and the fact that they regularly run our of ammo, and yet seem to find more constantly always cracks me up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Watching my first episode
It's retarded
View Quote

The first episode is the worst, it's pretty darn bad.  I stuck with it because I am a sucker for Zombie Apocalypse shows.  

It gets a lot better after the first few episodes, and the acting gets better too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top