Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2014 7:31:32 PM EDT
Will Nerve Gas Kill Zombies?

Should destroy the brain right? Seems like a nice alternative to firebombing or nuking.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
well, zeds are already dead, so killing them isn't much of an issue.

I wouldn't think it would have any effect.  There is no respiration and no circulation, so even if it did do something it wouldn't have a method of getting into the brain matter.

Just like Nukes in a lot of books, unless they are destroyed by the blast, radiation doesn't have any negative effect.  In several of the books, radiation only serves to kill off the bacteria and keep the shamblers fresher longer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will Nerve Gas Kill Zombies?

Should destroy the brain right? Seems like a nice alternative to firebombing or nuking.

View Quote

You watched 28 Weeks Later last night didn't you?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Im going to go with probably not. Nerve gases usually kill due to respiratory loss, although survivors often have neurological damage.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im going to go with probably not. Nerve gases usually kill due to respiratory loss, although survivors often have neurological damage.
View Quote

Neurological damage from lack of oxygen to the brain. Anoxic brain injuries.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]
They can live under water sooo no.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]
According to world war Z, the book, I ain't seeing the movie, no.

From what I have seen gas is an ineffective weapon on humans, I can't see it being effective on zombies. Even if it was what do you do when the wind shifts?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
What the fuck is the matter with you folks?? Absolutely not. It will not kill them since the outer nerves are already dead. Only the central brain cortex is still "living", if you can call it that and nerve gas can;t get through the tissue to get to it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think it would.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Cold weather.

Stay out of ND you damn dirty zombies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top