[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

The Zakasushi looks badass!
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine aren't specifically zombie weapons but they will serve that function as well.  I have a matched set of the katana, wakizashi, and tanto.  They are light, fast, strong and cut very well.

http://www.bugei.com/dragonfly-katana-878-prd1.htm

http://www.bugei.com/dragonfly-wakizashi-1417-prd1.htm

Bugei sells real cutting blades made with old world tradition.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Quality stuff.  I love my ZT Urban Bone Machete.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the ZT Apokatana it is a beast.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mine aren't specifically zombie weapons but they will serve that function as well.  I have a matched set of the katana, wakizashi, and tanto.  They are light, fast, strong and cut very well.

http://www.bugei.com/dragonfly-katana-878-prd1.htm

http://www.bugei.com/dragonfly-wakizashi-1417-prd1.htm

Bugei sells real cutting blades made with old world tradition.
View Quote

Beautiful
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Traditional swords shouldn't be overlooked.  http://kultofathena.com/swords-medieval-br.asp

I have the Hanwei Hand and A Half sword.

If you got the $$$, go with Albion.  Del Tin, Darksword Armory, and Hanwei would be my other lower cost choices.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out Busse family of swords options. The models from Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard are affordable and built tough.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
fallenoakforge, we know him as godrilla47. The hopelight, spartan or banshee.
FALLENOAKFORGE
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FALLENOAKFORGE
View Quote

WOW!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I know you asked for a katana. But as a civilizd society pre-zombie apoc lets just have a little bit of a debate.

I don't like the idea of just a cutting weapon, if one were to use real world stats on slicing through neck bones, tendons and flesh then I don't think it would be that effective against zombies unless they were at an all time state of decay. Unlike some tv shows depict, I think a good blunt or spiked type weapon would be more valuable in a zombie apoc.

Instead I chose this as my zombie melee weapon. Cold Steel Warhammer

I think given strength and the balance this would allow one to more easily dispatch zombies than a katana, and less chance of hurting yourself or over exerting the end user after a long hard days of zombie bashing. Plus it doesn't need sharpened and continually checked for damage. It is also easily repaired if you break the handle.

Also with a katana or any edged weapon, if one were to slice through the neck and sever the head from the body, then technically on a zombie the head is still alive and able to bite any unsuspecting people. I could see a person slicing off a few heads then stumbling to the ground under heavy duress of a lot of zombies and then getting bit by the severed head. Bad way to exit the zombie-apoc.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

WOW!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FALLENOAKFORGE

WOW!

Yes, in all my web travels his work is the finest and best looking in my opinion.

I personally check his on going thread here in huge zombie forums every few days for any more work and pictures he puts out. Truly works of art and function.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I think a rapier would be better than a katana, since a simple spike to the brain is all it is supposed to take.  

That being said, Cold Steel has some nice Katanas at reasonable prices.

I have seen them as low as $250 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
This Reminds of something...

Kid gets a katana
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This Reminds of something...

Kid gets a katana

View Quote

I knew what that was going to be before I clicked on it.  

It's tape.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Zombie Tools, the deuce
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I feel like a 20 inch ar with a bayonet would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#18]
LOL.

And LMAO at the youtube link. WELL WORTH A WATCH, especially for this thread.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL.

And LMAO at the youtube link. WELL WORTH A WATCH, especially for this thread.
View Quote

How so?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, in all my web travels his work is the finest and best looking in my opinion.

I personally check his on going thread here in huge zombie forums every few days for any more work and pictures he puts out. Truly works of art and function.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FALLENOAKFORGE

WOW!

I've always been a fan of Greyman Knives, but those are by far the best looking knives I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought an antique sickle blade. It's blade is roughly 18-20", but then had another 5" and a mount to attach the handle. I cut the handle mount off, & welded a spike on the back side. Ground me a handle and whipped it using para-cord. It is not exactly a Katana, but it feels good. I will take some photos and update this post tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember to keep it short enough to use indoors but not too long as to make it heavy and hard to use...wakizashi sized with a good guard will make it just right.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Here it is. Took me longer than I thought to get a photo uploaded. For that I apologize. The blade & handle are one solid piece of steel. It hold an edge beautifully, and it's design makes it virtually indestructible. You never hade to worry about the blade breaking off, or bending. There is no handguard on it, but if you made one similar, you could doit however you wanted. It would not be a hard thing to do. Making it look pretty would be the most time consuming thing. With an angle grinder(with a paddle disc), and a dremel, you could have it looking amazing. I did clean this one up, but not that well. Still looks amazing.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#24]
that's a nice family photo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that's a nice family photo.
View Quote

Thanks.

I agree. Swords are large, bulky, heavy. Some may be better than others, but nothing beats a machete. They have the right amount of weight, and can be moved very quickly. This sickle machete is one of the best feeling blades I have ever held. It is pretty damn sharp right now, but I am not done with it yet. The angle was very steep, and it was sharpened from one side like a pair of scissors. I am correcting this, but it must be done slowly. The steel hold an edge better than any modern machete I have ever seen. I don't want to ruin that by being impatient and getting the blade hot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree on the guy that said get a short one. Thought about any USA made options?

Ka-Bar WarSword and Gerber LMF II, both are USA made from good makers (of the stuff they actually make themselves)

I know the Gerber isn't in the same catagory. The War Sowrd isn't a katana either I know. And yes, still need to stain the green cord.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Spend the money on something that is built to last. Miller Bros Blades, M-22.  15" blade this thing has been tested to hammer through steel.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't waste your money swords are stupid (yes I have one). Buy a cold steel machete sword and get it out of your system
View Quote

Some swords are more..."useful" than others just like some people. Swords in general are not brush clearing tools or for digging ditches. As with any tool, some training and practice is required so you don't hurt yourself. I have known people that purchase swords and then believe they are instantly transformed into experienced ninjas. I have always said, if you need a machete, get one. Don't use a sword in its place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top