Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the AK perceived inaccuracy  related to the shorter sight radius. Just as. A 6 in pistol might have the same mechanical accuracy as a rifle the sights usually used on a rifle will make it easier to shoot to potential. Longer radius and finer sight appatures will will out every time. Scoped all bets are off. Then it's an issue of mechanics.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My ARs are fine and accurate. Like I said, they all get tight groups. Your post didn't come across as comedy so I apologize for mistaking it as one of the thousands of serious posts I've read over the years saying that AKs cannot be accurate.

ETA: I also get similar responses like "If it's as accurate as your ARs though you need a better AR. " from people when I make a similar statement  which is why I always now put "This means tight groups." afterwards like I did in my previous post. It also depends on what distance people are referring to. Some people think they'll be making 500 yard shots at a minimum if they ever needed to defend themselves, however the reality of how far the average encounter will be is much much closer.

Again, sorry for taking your statement as serious. The average AR vs. AK threads on most forums turn into an elitist fest so I take the inaccuracy statements as being what they believe is the bottom line, set in stone truth.
View Quote

It is not mechanically possible for an Ak running MIL-SURP ammo to be as accurate as a decent AR.

You need better ARs or, your AKs are wizards, and magnets.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AR15 all day.  I'm just more comfortable with it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]
My vote was suppressed SBR AR. It beats all the others listed, hands down IMO.

What I'll actually have to use... is what I have. Like everyone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My vote was suppressed SBR AR. It beats all the others listed, hands down IMO.

What I'll actually have to use... is what I have. Like everyone.
View Quote

That's what I have. Several of them in fact.

Understanding wife. Would rather know I'm at the range or reloading in the "gun room" (shed, but a nice shed) then the tittybar or somewhere drunk chasing strange tail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
My can fits on my AK and my AR. I would be happy with either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is not mechanically possible for an Ak running MIL-SURP ammo to be as accurate as a decent AR.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My ARs are fine and accurate. Like I said, they all get tight groups. Your post didn't come across as comedy so I apologize for mistaking it as one of the thousands of serious posts I've read over the years saying that AKs cannot be accurate.

ETA: I also get similar responses like "If it's as accurate as your ARs though you need a better AR. " from people when I make a similar statement  which is why I always now put "This means tight groups." afterwards like I did in my previous post. It also depends on what distance people are referring to. Some people think they'll be making 500 yard shots at a minimum if they ever needed to defend themselves, however the reality of how far the average encounter will be is much much closer.

Again, sorry for taking your statement as serious. The average AR vs. AK threads on most forums turn into an elitist fest so I take the inaccuracy statements as being what they believe is the bottom line, set in stone truth.

Then I guess they're wizards.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
sig 522 .22lr if zombies are slow. 12 ga shotgun if they are fast.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they are fast, and you're relying on a shotgun, you will be quickly swarmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sig 522 .22lr if zombies are slow. 12 ga shotgun if they are fast.

If they are fast, and you're relying on a shotgun, you will be quickly swarmed.

Relying on the 22 will get you swarmed by slows too. Not enough Power
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
real loud guns will attract more. 10,000(ten thousand) rounds of all sorts of cheap .22lr ammo and my sig 522 never malfunctioned more than 4 times, easily cleared. i clean it every 500 to 1,000 rounds. i have twenty 25 round mags and waiting for another sale. stocked up on ammo long before obama was elected. i spent 10,000 rounds with this gun. i can make a head shot at 150 yards easily. thats as long as my local range goes.

realistic human scull:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PidRej4WRp0

.22lr at 300 yards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzLQGv-w5M&list=PL0k8IScA_ejzBtd9Ap8z1d9llMx3IpA52&index=21

shtf looters. yes i would use my 522 on them with a team. they get a .22lr in the lung, i don't think they will feel like looting anymore and won't have medical attention. my team will have bigger guns. at the very least i will suppress.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]
YES SIR mr internets expert.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
waiting of links of proof mr. internets expert.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
excuses excuses.

*yarns*

i have put way too many fed bulk .22lr through gator sculls up to 8 foots long to worry about some internet "expert" with only claims and no links of proof. one shot through scull plate, instant kill stoppage. not even a twitch. .22lr rifles and handguns. i have killed many things with .22lr. how often do you get out of the air conditioner and into the real world?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
SBR with can. You can reach out and touch something when static and can still get skull penetration when on the move and don't have time to take perfect aim. Capacity.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
excuses excuses.

*yarns*

i have put way too many fed bulk .22lr through gator sculls up to 8 foots long to worry about some internet "expert" with only claims and no links of proof. one shot through scull plate, instant kill stoppage. not even a twitch. .22lr rifles and handguns. i have killed many things with .22lr. how often do you get out of the air conditioner and into the real world?
View Quote

Well he has the bitty military (prior or current) icon. Odds are good he was out in the world a lot, at least at one point.

About 22LR, I wouldn't trust it to penatrate a skull, unless you plan on making a cranial cavity hit every time. Even then, expect issues.

You can't even trust 22LR to go off. Even in a new brick of 22LR, there are always at least several duds, unless you're shooting all CCI good stuff. That, plus my semi auto 22 gets too gunked up after even fewer shots than an AR and causes constant malfunctions. Also, not made to be field stripped. Most 22LR isn't very waterproof either. Moisture may kill a whole brick at a time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Can't beat an AR with a bunch of 30 round mags or beta drum!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#21]
25 years with the AR platform says I prefer that with can.  And now I'm kicking back with popcorn to watch the little girls catfight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#22]

mr. tryhard, there are no issues here, video of hog hunting with a .22lr one shot instant kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjzpLN46nOo&index=33&list=PL0k8IScA_ejzBtd9Ap8z1d9llMx3IpA52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZIFEMZamk&list=PL0k8IScA_ejzBtd9Ap8z1d9llMx3IpA52&index=34

just because the .22lr disrupts your fantasies with your ar15 doesn't mean you should lie and hate on it.

i can and do trust .22lr to go off. lol. the cheapest federal bulk might have 1 or 2 misfires max in a box of 500+. plus i have my sig 522 zeroed at 100 yards. for shtf, bandits or zombies won't find my position. misfires aren't a problem at 150 yards. like i said i had 3 or 4 malfunctions with that sig 522 at first then 10,000 + more rounds malfunction free even dirty. 500 rounds dirty. you have a garbage .22lr rifle.

i have .22lr ammo sitting on the shelf from the 90s. still shoots. i had a box of cci sitting in a boat box that filled up with water. the .22lr rounds where totally under water. not sure how many days. but they all shot normally. ok, they where cci that you think are so much better(or is that what the internets told you?). i'll go put some .22lr ammo in a bowl of water. how long? what brand? i have fed 550 bulk, winchester bulk, remington bulk,...well i just put a bunch of them in.

IN THE END:

the ar15 guys "IM OUTTA AMMO RICK!"

the .22lr guys "lol"
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

mr. tryhard, there are no issues here, video of hog hunting with a .22lr one shot instant kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjzpLN46nOo&index=33&list=PL0k8IScA_ejzBtd9Ap8z1d9llMx3IpA52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZIFEMZamk&list=PL0k8IScA_ejzBtd9Ap8z1d9llMx3IpA52&index=34

just because the .22lr disrupts your fantasies with your ar15 doesn't mean you should lie and hate on it.

i can and do trust .22lr to go off. lol. the cheapest federal bulk might have 1 or 2 misfires max in a box of 500+. plus i have my sig 522 zeroed at 100 yards. for shtf, bandits or zombies won't find my position. misfires aren't a problem at 150 yards. like i said i had 3 or 4 malfunctions with that sig 522 at first then 10,000 + more rounds malfunction free even dirty. 500 rounds dirty. you have a garbage .22lr rifle.

i have .22lr ammo sitting on the shelf from the 90s. still shoots. i had a box of cci sitting in a boat box that filled up with water. the .22lr rounds where totally under water. not sure how many days. but they all shot normally. ok, they where cci that you think are so much better(or is that what the internets told you?). i'll go put some .22lr ammo in a bowl of water. how long? what brand? i have fed 550 bulk, winchester bulk, remington bulk,...well i just put a bunch of them in.

IN THE END:

the ar15 guys "IM OUTTA AMMO RICK!"

the .22lr guys "lol"
View Quote

I wonder how many videos were deleted of someone shooting a hog with a 22 and not killing it. I've seen video of a Pygmy killing an elephant with a pointed stick, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. 22 isn't a reliable hog hunting caliber unless your using it to headshot hogs held by dogs. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
many things got shot by all sorts of different guns and survived. sorry. your post is odd. why would you want to only shoot a hog held by dogs and not eating? you can only make a shot at point blank? i don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#25]
My choices are :
.45 cal 1911s
.357 magnum python
Ares SCR 223 (No thanks to FUAC)
and this==>Keltec KSG FTW!

ETA: I voted for "none of the above", because eventhough your setups are sweet,
according to AC, we cant have those evil rifles in NYS so I got to stick to what we have.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jerede/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/20140419_185306_zpsa1rsdral.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x247/jerede/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/20140419_185306_zpsa1rsdral.jpg</a>

SBR with Can. My can is still in jail, but I am most comfortable with my SBR than a MP5 or any other system. I do practice with other systems, just not as much.
View Quote

beautiful
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Regarding .22 cal. : http://www.ruger1022.com/docs/israeli_sniper.htm
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shooting dogs and kneecapping dissents isn't the same as being overrun by zombies.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Shooting dogs and kneecapping dissents isn't the same as being overrun by zombies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably wouldn't take down a zombie (?), but wouldn't have an issue taking down a dirtbag trying to take away what I have stored away...you obviously "skimmed" the article...face it, you should be more afraid of the Obama nation than "zombies".
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:00:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

5.56 is everywhere. 9mm is too but not as much as 5.56 due to recent events
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suppression makes it faster, as I understand it.  It acts like added length to the barrel.  

But I'd go with the MP5 as well.  Scrounging 9mm will be a lot easier than scrounging 5.56.  

5.56 is everywhere. 9mm is too but not as much as 5.56 due to recent events

I should clarify, because for the real world I'm actually firmly in the AR camp.  If it came down to picking up ammo from rotting corpses I would expect to find more 9mm than 5.56.  Given the recent AR frenzy I could be totally wrong about that.  But if I am all the better.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Ar15 with a can, for firepower, good at a variety of ranges and being comfortable with it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
A good reliable 22 would be my choice.  22 can penetrate the head, you can carry a ton of it, and good enough for small game which will be your diet anyways.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#33]
AR15 because you wont always be shooting a zombies. I think the non zombie people will be a bigger threat. As will animals
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
out of the guns i have right now i would probably take my glock 17 with 4 mags and my arsenal sam 7uf its on the heavier side but it is very accurate for an ak and dead nuts reliable. i would most likely throw 6 mags on my plate carrier and have a 75 round drum loaded into the weapon. I wouldnt bug out unless i really had too. dragging a wife and baby through the streets and woods will most likely not work out. wife will probably use the beretta cx4 storm 9mm with 30 round beretta mags and a walther pps 9mm as backup
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#35]
AR for one reason and one reason only. Range. Works better on the undead too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread needs more mini gun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#37]
An SPR type AR setup....
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:13:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Mp5 w/ suppressor, Glock 19 w/ suppressor, & 22 w/ suppressor for all the silent/quiet dealings......... SBR AR for any distance and power needed.

And all are compact and configured where all can be carried all at once!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#39]
AR SBR or 16", both suppressed of course.

1911 for the rest of the work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I like Mag Compatibility.... There are WAY more AR mags than MP5 mags, So AR
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I would have to go with my fs2000 or Aug with a can.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Romero or walking dead zombies a suppressed semi auto 22.  Its light and you can carry lot of ammo without taking up a lot of space.  

28 days/weeks "zombies" Suppressed AR,  these guys shouldnt need head shoots, and there too fast anyway.

Resident evil zombies...
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#43]
The SBR AR with silencer.

Why? Better effective range, easier to source parts for replacement, easier to attach accessories, abundance of magazines, and my own familiarity with it over the other choices.

A silenced .22 LR pistol wouldn't be a bad choice for close in work where stealth was critical to get through zombies.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Problem with Rimfire .22 LR is that A) it's not as reliable as centerfire and B) it's not reloadable.

If you're talking about a sustain campaign to kill zombies for years on end you'd want something you could reload two or three times over.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#45]
This is for those who think 22LR would not be useful for making head shots on imaginary zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY

Much better results at penetration than I would have guessed. Should work just fine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Why do you need more than a .22lr when you're only making headshots on rotting corpses?  Not to mention you can carry a lot more ammo with a lot lighter weight.  

I never understood people wanting shotguns, etc for zombies...
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I like that last video,  I think a 22 could be awesome for survival regardless the issue at the moment. If I was on the run I think a 22 rifle n pistol would work for me. If you are die hard about not liking 22 you could have a 22 upper sbr that you could swap to at any given time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top