Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/13/2013 1:31:13 AM EDT
Got to be someplace where the people lack brains. Lets see what ideas you have.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 1:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
on a boat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Where the zombies aren't .
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
on a boat.
View Quote

this.

raiding parties for supplies but overall get your sea legs under you.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no one definitive answer.  
I think a lot more attention needs to be 'where are you close to'?

A place that could support boating or hiding in the mountains is out around me, but country livin aint.  
Back when i lived in the city my BOL was a mile up the road at a zoo.  Now it would be a suicide run into the city cause we moved out.  

Now, MY ideal location?   Mountains man.  High hilltops around WY or Montana.  Low pop, lots of food and water sources, and i like the cold.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Just make sure you stockpile enough food, water, ammo and gas for the genny and you are set.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2013/05/the-katskhi-pillar-georgia.html
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#7]
In reality.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The White House.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The White House.

Im thinking Enumclaw where the lack of brains "Marauders" live. Fat, slow moving, zombies are no real threat and apparently they have lots of supplies to pillage.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say Washing D.C. would be the perfect place then.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://cf1.thefancy.com/default/273602811_762f01d30bd3.jpg

Just make sure you stockpile enough food, water, ammo and gas for the genny and you are set.

View Quote

Makes me wonder about camping out on top of a large grain elevator, aside from the fact that it could be an explosion risk.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Oil rig
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oil rig
View Quote

i have thought of this, provided you have enough line to pull up fish and enough shells to blast seagulls (and marauders) I would think this would be the ideal solution, until a massive hurricane wrecks everything
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The White House.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The White House.

Winner... Nothing for them to eat...
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Im thinking Enumclaw where the lack of brains "Marauders" live. Fat, slow moving, zombies are no real threat and apparently they have lots of supplies to pillage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The White House.

Enumclaw Washington?

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Walmart...they have everything you need. Guns, ammo, pharmacy, food, limited roof access, a completely fenced in "outdoor" area... and the people that work there don't have any brains. :)
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#16]
An island.  With a motor sail boat / yacht hidden incase you need to leave.

However to be specific, a small Island, NOT a large island with a luxury resort attached, ESPECIALLY not an island with a science lab on it!  I loved playing Dead Island.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#17]
An island.  With a boat.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Site R, Raven Rock Mountain Complex (RRMC)
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#19]

I'd say somewhere cold, like Alaska or something i'd figure they'd freeze or what not making them move slower or freeze solid seeing as they dont produce body heat it would be like a meat freezer.

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#20]
The Batcave....ride out the apoc playing playstation on large screen TVs.  Once or twice a day I would take the Tumbler out (modified with a sharp plow on front and blades on the side) and mow down zeds for fun.

I'm BATMAN
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'd say somewhere cold, like Alaska or something i'd figure they'd freeze or what not making them move slower or freeze solid seeing as they dont produce body heat it would be like a meat freezer.

View Quote

true or someplace they'd rot faster. but this leads to issues as well. hidden head in a shrub..or your garden and bite,..your a zed.

i think a nice place on high ground out west...this way you can see threats coming . with well water and a good secured 1-3 acres for sustainability.. but with in range to town for resupply if need be..say 20 min drive or what not.

of course youd need an alamo and have it stocked deep.

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Y'all say boats and oil rigs,  but what happens when a bad storm or hurricane hits? Pick somewhere remote, rugged,  low to now population and far from urban areas . Go guerilla on the zeds. Think of it this way, the Taliban aren't giving us such a hard time because they hide in boats and oil rigs and our soldiers are far more capable and better armed than walking corpses.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]
heaven.  If God is for us, who can be against us?
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I think an under ground complex with a thermal power generator for endless power. with a fresh water spring that is tapped intoo for fresh water. led grow lights to maintain gardens in such to help feed the family etc etc etc. In my imaginary underground bunker
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#25]
No brains. Washington DC.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Definitely not in or around Atlanta, there's a documentary on AMC about it.

I like the oil rig idea.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#27]
"Your Mom's House!"

Nobody has used that one yet?

Seriously though, someplace cold, like Alaska.  They freeze up nice for easy kills during the winter months, leaves mop up work for the spring and summer months.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
My ex-wife's house.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congress?

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I'd like a gym.  Why?  Line up treadmills along all the entrances .....
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Island, not large but not too small either.  

You can survive off food from the ocean (fish, oysters, scallops, etc.).  Hurricanes may suck, but gotta weigh the risk factors of it vs. zed.  Maybe an island off the intercoastal waterway (in NC of course).  Perhaps a little farther out.  Not in the FL, Caribbean area that gets the hurricanes all the time.  Easy enough to access the mainland to get freshwater if rainwater doesn't provide enough (wells, etc.  bring a manual pump).  Able to hunt for some red meat and/or collect veggies when the fish ain't cuttin it.  

I would consider doing p-burns to clear the island of vegetation, just in case a zed were there.  Easier to see 'em (hopefully burn well enough to render them inoperative) and easier to see invading marauders.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Island, not large but not too small either.  

You can survive off food from the ocean (fish, oysters, scallops, etc.).  Hurricanes may suck, but gotta weigh the risk factors of it vs. zed.  Maybe an island off the intercoastal waterway (in NC of course).  Perhaps a little farther out.  Not in the FL, Caribbean area that gets the hurricanes all the time.  Easy enough to access the mainland to get freshwater if rainwater doesn't provide enough (wells, etc.  bring a manual pump).  Able to hunt for some red meat and/or collect veggies when the fish ain't cuttin it.  

I would consider doing p-burns to clear the island of vegetation, just in case a zed were there.  Easier to see 'em (hopefully burn well enough to render them inoperative) and easier to see invading marauders.
View Quote

I think an island on the great lakes somewhere would be best no worry about hurricanes Just a pain because of winter but fresh water fishing etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]
My plan is to go to work. The plant is fenced in already, tall silos to keep watch from, plenty of metal, welding machines, propane gas in 20 lb tanks, concrete and steel walls in the building. It can also be sectioned off with a series of garage doors.

And not a brain in sight.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Haha obviously I'm going to Walmart.  Image whats going to happen when things get serious/crazy.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/11/29/exp-costello-spain-walmart-fight.cnn.html
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Get a houseboat and Join the flotilla out on Lake Okeechobee.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#36]
California. Lots of people lack brains period.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
South Manitou island on Lake Michigan.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Nantucket....strong current, easy distance to forage mainland, .already infested with zombies
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I was thinking the other day, that if you refurbed the old Castillo De San Marcos in St Augustine, and fenced in the grounds, it would be spacious, has water front access, and would be pretty difficult for Zeds to break in.
Water on site, lots of land.  Thick Rock walls.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]
abandon mine, i know of one that would make decent shelter and theres only 1 way in/out. could also be a terrible place to hide.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#43]

now thats what im talkin bout.

people keep saying islands but can zombies just walk along the bottom of the ocean till they get ya? i thought i saw that in a movie or something.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

people keep saying islands but can zombies just walk along the bottom of the ocean till they get ya? i thought i saw that in a movie or something.
View Quote

Anything at the bottom of the ocean would have to deal with pressure and innumerable predators. Worst case, a zombie floating on the surface with garbage or wreckage might wash up on the beach.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Makes me wonder about camping out on top of a large grain elevator, aside from the fact that it could be an explosion risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://cf1.thefancy.com/default/273602811_762f01d30bd3.jpg

but think of what damage you could do as you get over run..... park a couple propane tankers close(rigged to blow), anyone tries to raid, flip the switch and nobody gets what you had
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

My ex-wife's house.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
on a boat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
on a boat.

I think it was a Brian Keene book, but they had zombie whales and it wasn't appealing

Quoted:
heaven.  If God is for us, who can be against us?

Asgard, Odin came through on ridding us of ice giants much better than god did from the evil
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Moving
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]

When I lived in Savannah years ago I always thought this would be a good refuge! It even has a cannon!
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top