Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Grab some underware,ammo,crossbow,1911,ar15,beer and hop on my bagger while listening to megadeath and ride till I find my self inthe middle of no way and ponder lifes last moments while taking a few of them out till I am almost out of ammo and finish my beer while the darkness falls and take a nap
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grab some underware,ammo,crossbow,1911,ar15,beer and hop on my bagger while listening to megadeath and ride till I find my self inthe middle of no way and ponder lifes last moments while taking a few of them out till I am almost out of ammo and finish my beer while the darkness falls and take a nap
View Quote

What Megadeth album?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
1) Send wife to get kids and top off her van.
2) Call selected folks to warn them and coordinate, offer them room at BOL.
3) Pack my truck with ammo, guns, extra fuel and food.
4) Go to Wal Mart buy canned food, rice pasta, additional fuel cans, oil, filters, batteries, auto batteries.
5) Fill additional gas cans
5) Return to Wal Mart and buy tons of ammo and outdoor stuff.
6) Depart town for BOL ETA 4 hours.
7) Before arriving at BOL refuel the cars.
8) On Arrival at BOL begin fortifying.
9) If time permits,  travel to grocery or Wal Mart and purchase additional food, gas, supplies, and ammo.
10) Wait

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Id board up the lower level windows with the plywood I've already got cut to fit them.  While I was doing that Id send the wife to every hardware store and gas station in town to buy the shit out of propane tanks and homer buckets.  Then Id send her to wally world to buy socks, lots of them. If there was time, Id hit the petsmart and buy every bag of dog food that would fit in my truck and  Id make a pharmacy run too.  Also, I'd probably start my lathe in the garage and fashion some sort of device to make my rifles a little quieter.   After I finished the windows Id pull the extension ladder up and into the second floor of the house

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Call up tha family, set up the rally point which is 2 hours away, a remote BOL.

Load any of our weapons and BOBs that are ready to go, throw 50 gallons of water and 30 gallons of diesel in the truck, all my freeze dried and  canned goods. If there is any extra room, the rice and beans.

I would cache any remaining weapons and ammo under the house with a health dose of oil and wrapped in plastic
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
A 12hr timeline pre-shtf event with foreknowledge would equate to a 700pg distopian novel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A 12hr timeline pre-shtf event with foreknowledge would equate to a 700pg distopian novel.
View Quote

Only if the author gets extremely verbose
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Get as much water and food and fuel as I can while I get my son to load every mag I have and then fortify my house
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
No mention if power is still going to be available for appliances so I am gonna assume NO electricity. Stock up on lots, I mean LOTS of long term canned goods would be gotten(spam, tuna fish, salmon, green beans, fruit, soups, etc etc) lots of charcoal, small hibachi grill......... Got a lot of smaller things already, matches, candles, medical supplies, among other items

Meet at pre-determined highly elevated area with family and Survive!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Take me about two hours to fly down to Florida. Could at that point procure a boat at which time I would sale to a low population island in the Keys and set-up for my new life.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I would just go home, 480 acres in N. Kal w/ a dirt road off a secondary. I'd call the kids and tell them IT'S TIME and to bring everything they thought was useful
; we've talked about bugging out before. I've got fuel and solar
and more ammo than I can possibly imagine would be needed so life wouldn't be too hard even for a couple of years so w/ 12 people ; kids and grand-kids. I've always gardened and given away the excess so I don't really think it would be a problem, even if the zeds found us out in the middle of nowhere, I have 1 son that's ex Marine I prepper and 2 hunters so I can say that at least on the surface my situation is pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
No can do. Don't need anyone here getting ideas about crashing my party or flocking to my bug-out local.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#13]
seems like a lot of unprepared folks in here...  me...make "the call"  load up...roll out..top off the tank..make my destination...rally up and settle in and wait.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
seems like a lot of unprepared folks in here...  me...make "the call"  load up...roll out..top off the tank..make my destination...rally up and settle in and wait.
View Quote

We're only unprepared if something happens. If it doesn't happen, you were just over prepared.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top