Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The semi-auto pistols were firing but the slides were not cycling on last week's show.  Anybody else notice this?  Check the scene as they are clearing the yard at the prison.

Yeah, I saw that.  Remember, most of the gunfire is CG now...  
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the big D rings with the chain attached. Genius.

Seems unpractical. I mean you see all those walkers and you really think that those huge carabeeners will hold all those zombies?
I don't think so.

Those 'biners are rated for thousands of pounds - I'm sure they are more than capable of holding back a few zombies.  Especially as the gates were sliding IIRC so they just prevented the zombies from the sliding the gates open.

Actually, the giant padded carabiners he ran across the field with are sold at gas stations and grocery stores to hold all your bags together, they don't even have interlocking an latch, so they could just pull open with enough force.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The semi-auto pistols were firing but the slides were not cycling on last week's show.  Anybody else notice this?  Check the scene as they are clearing the yard at the prison.

"Paper" non guns, SOP anymore in close sets so there are less chance of injuries instead of using a real weapon firing blanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Paper" non guns, SOP anymore in close sets so there are less chance of injuries instead of using a real weapon firing blanks

What's a "paper" gun?  I've heard of rubber guns but not paper guns.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

""flash paper non guns". Their single shot repilicas that use flash paper to make the bang instead of a blank.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

""flash paper non guns". Their single shot repilicas that use flash paper to make the bang instead of a blank.

Well the whole "single shot" thing blows your theory out of the water, there were multiple shots in the same frame in several cases.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the whole "single shot" thing blows your theory out of the water, there were multiple shots in the same frame in several cases.

Odds are they make muliple shot versions, I got a old google answer before.

Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rick gets an A+ for handling the out of control prisoner. I'm glad that his character is no longer the indecisive and hesitant one we saw in the early episodes...

Agreed. Machete to the head... but those make-shift suppressors were laughable on the previous episodes... hahaha
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Any thoughts on who was watching Carol from the treeline? I'm guessing that it was either one of the Governor's scouts or the Prisoner that Rick locked in the yard some how made it out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd like to see at least flashbacks on what they did during the winter. Wanna know what drove Rick to be how he is with Lori. And the Carol and Daryl thing.

And I wanna know where they got them nice rifles from.

Carol from the tower to Rick. "Sorry"

I laughed.

Me, too. I want to know if zombies freeze like you would expect.

I have no problem with them snagging lots of guns. There ought to be guns in damn near every house they find down this way, especially in rural areas.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any thoughts on who was watching Carol from the treeline? I'm guessing that it was either one of the Governor's scouts or the Prisoner that Rick locked in the yard some how made it out.

I don't think it was the prisoner Rick left in the courtyard... it sounded like he met his demise as Rick closed the door and walked away.  You can hear him screaming and walkers tearing him apart as Rick turns and walks down the hall.  Pretty badass combined with him dealing with the long haired prisoner.  

My gripe is that they are showing too much in the previews, especially during and before the season opener... you can basically figure out the whole season.  I think they should have kept the old intro until after the first episode even, keep the prison a secret.  I have not read the books, I want to after the series is over.  I refuse to watch "Talking Dead" because I don't want any spoilers.  Just me, i look forward to the new episodes every week.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#12]
i dunno why they would not use airsoft replicas and add the cg flash, they make tons of airsoft that recoil, some all metal as well. cheaper than converting real guns into props if they dont want to fire blanks.

as for this season, the 2 episodes so far have been awesome.   did you guys check out the season 3 webisodes? it was pretty good, i have yet to watch the earlier ones, site was being hammered.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm guessing it is Merle. I think they have already confirmed his return, so this isn't a spoiler, but we drove by when they were filming in Gay, GA, and I am pretty sure I saw the actor who plays him getting made up with blood.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing it is Merle. I think they have already confirmed his return, so this isn't a spoiler, but we drove by when they were filming in Gay, GA, and I am pretty sure I saw the actor who plays him getting made up with blood.

He comes back in the next episode, according to the preview, it's with Michone and Andrea.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He comes back in the next episode, according to the preview, it's with Michone and Andrea.

That does take a bit away from my theory, unless they are messing with us with the preview. It's possible Andrea isn't that far from the others, though. The farm was off I85 up near Fairburn, and they came down 74 (I think) toward Ga85, where Starr's Mill is, up near Senoia.. It seemed to me in the close of the scene that they were indicating the prison was right there. (There is no prison there in reality.) They can't be TOO far from where they started in that they mention heading down 27 toward Greenville, and also heading toward Newnan.

Whatever the case, any of the likely locations are no more than 20 miles from here (Woodbury), so if Merle has a vehicle, he could get back and forth pretty damn easy. (I am assuming he is with the Governor, could be way off though.)

If the lurker wasn't Merle, I am still betting it was some kind of scout from Woodbury. They certainly make it seem like we encounter the Governor next episode, so something has to tip him off.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That does take a bit away from my theory, unless they are messing with us with the preview. It's possible Andrea isn't that far from the others, though. The farm was off I85 up near Fairburn, and they came down 74 (I think) toward Ga85, where Starr's Mill is, up near Senoia.. It seemed to me in the close of the scene that they were indicating the prison was right there. (There is no prison there in reality.) They can't be TOO far from where they started in that they mention heading down 27 toward Greenville, and also heading toward Newnan.

Whatever the case, any of the likely locations are no more than 20 miles from here (Woodbury), so if Merle has a vehicle, he could get back and forth pretty damn easy. (I am assuming he is with the Governor, could be way off though.)

If the lurker wasn't Merle, I am still betting it was some kind of scout from Woodbury. They certainly make it seem like we encounter the Governor next episode, so something has to tip him off.

The feel I got from the previews is that Michonne and Andrea get picked up in the area of that chopper that goes down, which also drew the attention of the folks from Woodbury.  Also, I got the feeling that the Governor finds that Andrea used to be with a group and starts looking for them, which wouldn't entail much looking if he's got a scout who's watching the prison already.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watchin' it now....
On channel 131 on Dish...
and for the next 52 minutes, all is good in the world again..

Yeah, just noticed Dish has AMC back.Anybody know the details yet?

apparently they made a multiyear deal and we should have it back. on facebook they said enjoy the free preview, so i thought it was gonna be a extra fee, but i guess its for people who do not have that tier of the package.

heres one article
nypost

Cool, thanks for the link.Seems like it's back on,just like before.Wish I hadn't missed season 2 of Hell On Wheels , but what the hell it's only TV.And this season of The Walking Dead is making up for it so far.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Finally saw the episode last night.  All I'm saying is that there is NOTHIN' like a machete to the head!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I felt it could've been sharper
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Carl again doing whatever the fuck he wants without supervision.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What he did may have been stupid, but he did it like a fuckin' boss.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He said he took a couple of them out. I'd like to see those scenes. That way we can really determine his boss status.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
This season is definitely off to a good start in comparison to last season of Farmville.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Y'know, I've been thinking about the scene where Lori does CPR on Hershel, and I've come to a realization.

They still don't know if Hershel's out of the woods.  He could still be massively infected.
So, I say they get the axe back out and do an emergency amputation of her mouth.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He said he took a couple of them out. I'd like to see those scenes. That way we can really determine his boss status.

Gotta agree with that! And even HE thinks his moms a joke! "So get off my back about it?"  hehehe ...damn straight kid!
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Winter.

(now when Shane and Andrea went to that perfectly groomed subdivision, who knows...)
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta agree with that! And even HE thinks his moms a joke! "So get off my back about it?"  hehehe ...damn straight kid!

I really hope Carl gets his little punkass ate this season!  Do you think they will follow the comic now that the Gov is coming in?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There's 2 big things that happen during the prison story line that I think they won't do/fuck up.

We shall see...

If one of them does, a lot of peoples' wishes come true...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's 2 big things that happen during the prison story line that I think they won't do/fuck up.

We shall see...

If one of them does, a lot of peoples' wishes come true...

Click To View Spoiler

Bingo!

No shit!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Did anyone else notice when the governor took that shot at the soldier running away that there was not a rear sight on that AR?
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice when the governor took that shot at the soldier running away that there was not a rear sight on that AR?

Yup

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

he must be well practiced at point shooting

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he must be well practiced at point shooting

He shot him in the back with Hope and Change.

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm glad I'm not the only one. That really pissed me off. Lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yes sir!!! my dad got mad when i went back to double check haha

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Good shot though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He also said, "Never waste a round" before he shot the dude. That dude was injured and was staggering. Asian dude could have ran him down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes sir!!! my dad got mad when i went back to double check haha

yea i went back and double check it also. lol

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He also said, "Never waste a round" before he shot the dude. That dude was injured and was staggering. Asian dude could have ran him down.

those words were bearly out of his mouth when he sholdered that gun. lol

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Re-watched the first episode of the season again. AFter they found the prison, when they were cutting the fence and entering...all the cars were across the river and they were dry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#45]
The soldiers should have taken cover as soon as the car approached and had at least one guy covering the Governor. Instead they stand in the open and get taken down. Had they taken cover it would have made for a good fire fight. The rear sight was missing due to govt. budget cuts to fund social programs
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Yeah I noticed the M4 without the rear sight, told my son thats one bad mad to hit a moving target with out a sight lol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I liked the ambush guns:

Pistols
One Marlin .22 with a scope
One AR15
One H&K MP5K

That bad assed arensal taking down 10 national guard solders all armed with AR-15s.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#48]
AND some were wearing body armor. YUP this just proves how much UCP sucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

those words were bearly out of his mouth when he sholdered that gun. lol

Running dude looked to have a sidearm in holster to me.  Not sure I'd want to chase a desperate man with a gun, waving a baseball bat or what have  you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, I caught the missing rear sight, was kinda WTF?

Gotta admit, I got a big kick out of this episode. Woodbury isn't actually Woodbury. (I think they filmed in Senoia), but it's still makes me smile to see them in my home town.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top