Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I will once again be reviewing The Walking Dead episodes from a preparedness perspective on my blog here:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Tomorrows the big day!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow! I thought it was freaking great. That hour went by way too fast.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a chace to watch it this morning..I am super excited for the return.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That was probably the best hour of zombie cinema that I have ever seen. Their tactics and cohesion were actually pretty good.

It was nice to see how run down the group was at the beginning of the episode, you can just see how they have been on the run for six months and are tired, dirty and hungry.
Also armored zombies :D

Link Posted: 10/15/2012 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I was very impressed this season premier.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
*****Spoiler***** For those that have not seen it yet for whatever reason.

I hate the idea of Zombies waiting in ambush. What the fuck? They walked over the same one a couple of times and he picks his moment to attack.

Also, for those that have read my WWZ style story...Rick took my term of endearment, Assholes, and used it as a derogatory.  "These assholes don't stand a chance."
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I hate the idea of Zombies waiting in ambush. What the fuck? They walked over the same one a couple of times and he picks his moment to attack.

Also, for those that have read my WWZ style story...Rick took my term of endearment, Assholes, and used it as a derogatory. "These assholes don't stand a chance."

Maybe that one was just deteriorated to the point that it took a lot to rouse it?  There's some precedent for extremely lethargic zeds in the comic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, for those that have read my WWZ style story...Rick took my term of endearment, Assholes, and used it as a derogatory. "These assholes don't stand a chance."

Maybe that one was just deteriorated to the point that it took a lot to rouse it?  There's some precedent for extremely lethargic zeds in the comic.

I don't know. He looked pretty healthy compared to the other corpses laying around.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Just watched it on Amazon, since I've got dish network...
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe that one was just deteriorated to the point that it took a lot to rouse it? There's some precedent for extremely lethargic zeds in the comic.

I don't know. He looked pretty healthy compared to the other corpses laying around.

Could have had a good hard knock on the head, maybe some intercranial bleeding that caused his actual death, who knows?  Didn't look like it was playing possum to me, though, as it had several other folks come in easy striking range before Hershel.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to see at least flashbacks on what they did during the winter. Wanna know what drove Rick to be how he is with Lori. And the Carol and Daryl thing.

And I wanna know where they got them nice rifles from.

Carol from the tower to Rick. "Sorry"

I laughed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'd like to see at least flashbacks on what they did during the winter. Wanna know what drove Rick to be how he is with Lori. And the Carol and Daryl thing.

I laughed.

Lol, I hadn't realized before now..."Carol and Daryl" sounds so cute and homey when you say it out loud.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I forgot to say earlier....the walker wearing the gas mask...that was awesome effects when his mask was tore off his face.

And the big D rings with the chain attached. Genius.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seems unpractical. I mean you see all those walkers and you really think that those huge carabeeners will hold all those zombies?
I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems unpractical. I mean you see all those walkers and you really think that those huge carabeeners will hold all those zombies?
I don't think so.

They don't have the brain power to slide open those chan link fences. In theory, it would work against shamblers.

I could see if there was a huge wall of bodies, but against the few that were around it would work.

Ragers and real people though, not really.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd say, "first come, first served" and I think the others will migrate over here when that thread gets locked.  Like walkers...  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
How so?
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Love having a zed show but they just seem to be real slow on learning how to deal with them.  There is no need to walk amongst fenced-in zombies.  Draw 'em to the fence, unplug them, lather, rinse and repeat.  Saunter casually through the newly-cleansed level 'til you reach the next door/gate.  Open it and haul ass back to your compadres at the fence. Make noise.  Do the whole lather, rinse, repeat schtick...  Repeatedly.    

But maybe that wouldn't make good tv.  For all I know that exact method was brought up at the staff/writers meeting and got shot down.  

Still love the show, though.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd say, "first come, first served" and I think the others will migrate over here when that thread gets locked.  Like walkers...  

But people got butt hurt last year

Thats classic arfcom.

Fixed.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I like this rule.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I laughed.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't count on chain link holding more than a few back for any length of time.  IME the posts are not set deep, and if they are deep enough the posts are thinly walled and will bend where they meet the concrete.  All of that only matters if the chain link remains attached to posts.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#31]

They need one of these for walker eradication. It'd make short work of it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://www.stackyard.com/news/2008/04/machinery/jd_7050i_series_spfh.gif

As long as you can put it up about head level, otherwise you'll just have a lot of crawlers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder how the group is gonna handle the non-zombie prisoners
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder how the group is gonna handle the non-zombie prisoners

Maybe something like in the comic. I  hope not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the comics Rick identifies the zombies as either "Roamers" or "Lurkers" and I got the impression that zombies who hadn't fed in a while or were prevented from feeding became weak and entered a semi-dormant state.  Another example would be the bicycle zombie in S1E1 - she had no legs to chase down food so she became a lurker.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Michonne is too badass. As in cheesy. That's one of the areas I hoped they would deviate from. Cutting off two zombie heads with a foot and a half swing, come on.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I think some open minded thinking is in order here.  They need Michonne to be a "new" badass to give some toughness back to the show.  Darrell is becoming house broken, Shane is gone and won't be challenging Rick's authority, how far can that little dumbass Carl wander off too? and Glenn is too busy busy finger banging Maggie.  Someone has to be the new tough-guy and thorn in Rick's side and keep the Blond-bitch; ( can't think of her name), safe.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://www.stackyard.com/news/2008/04/machinery/jd_7050i_series_spfh.gif

I've used on before, if you hit anything fairly hard and large (girth wise) with it, it can be easily damaged and stop functioning. a human skeleton plus possible metal objects that may be on their person would utterly destroy that tractor after hitting just a few. it is designed for crops, not bodies, but it does look cool that is for sure.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think some open minded thinking is in order here.  They need Michonne to be a "new" badass to give some toughness back to the show.  Darrell is becoming house broken, Shane is gone and won't be challenging Rick's authority, how far can that little dumbass Carl wander off too? and Glenn is too busy busy finger banging Maggie.  Someone has to be the new tough-guy and thorn in Rick's side and keep the Blond-bitch; ( can't think of her name), safe.

I'm doubting Rick even becomes aware of Michonne until part way through this season, and even after that I'm not sure how much interaction between the two we will see.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Waiting for tonight's episode.   It should be good.  :)
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Waiting for tonight's episode.   It should be good.  :)

Yep, Now I gotta figure out which gun I will finger *uck while watching it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Watchin' it now....
On channel 131 on Dish...
and for the next 52 minutes, all is good in the world again..
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Im wondering why thay would take their only doctor into battle,  if thay needed another person thay should have takin Glenn.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Watchin' it now....

Yeah, just noticed Dish has AMC back.Anybody know the details yet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Rick gets an A+ for handling the out of control prisoner. I'm glad that his character is no longer the indecisive and hesitant one we saw in the early episodes...
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, finally Rick mans up.It happened a bit different in the comic, but I'm glad to see AMC had the balls to show it at all.And extra credit for throwing that one asshole outside with the walkers.
For all its faults The Walking Dead is still better than 90% of most zombie movies and this season is kicking ass.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watchin' it now....

Yeah, just noticed Dish has AMC back.Anybody know the details yet?

apparently they made a multiyear deal and we should have it back. on facebook they said enjoy the free preview, so i thought it was gonna be a extra fee, but i guess its for people who do not have that tier of the package.

heres one article
nypost
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a feeling this is gonna be the best season so far.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a feeling this is gonna be the best season so far.

Just watched it.  On dish.  Finally...

So we're getting the Governor next week?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#50]
The semi-auto pistols were firing but the slides were not cycling on last week's show.  Anybody else notice this?  Check the scene as they are clearing the yard at the prison.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top