Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]
So... I went back and forth with this blade and I finally decided since it was going to be my EDC workknife I needed it to be a little more stout in the tip area. This is the final product, I'll be making a kydex belt sheath for it in the next couple of days. 3.5" blade 8.5" overall, sharp as a razor with a nice little glass breaker and blue on blue paper micarta scales. me like...

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So... I went back and forth with this blade and I finally decided since it was going to be my EDC workknife I needed it to be a little more stout in the tip area. This is the final product, I'll be making a kydex belt sheath for it in the next couple of days. 3.5" blade 8.5" overall, sharp as a razor with a nice little glass breaker and blue on blue paper micarta scales. me like...

I love that handle!
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love that handle!

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Mustard etch?
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Gladius Build 14hrs in so far.. I like the challenge with these swords, one slip and it's start over time. This one is going to sport Red/Black paper micarta scales.

Here's my Zed Survival Chopper with "yellow Jacket" paper micarta..

Thanks for checking out my work!
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Here she is all finished up in Red Tide paper micarta.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Holy Crap!!! That is awesome my friend!!!!! You know, my birthday just past and......................................... Just kidding, that is awesome! For sale on Esty?
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Holy Crap!!! That is awesome my friend!!!!! You know, my birthday just past and......................................... Just kidding, that is awesome! For sale on Esty?

Yeah... I didn't want to put it up for sale but I did. This one is two handed! I took out a 2" branch with one swing before finish polish..
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Any way you could build a full beard axe?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... I didn't want to put it up for sale but I did. This one is two handed! I took out a 2" branch with one swing before finish polish..

Are you going to turn your hobby/talent in to a business?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Any way you could build a full beard axe?

Full tang? It depends on how wide and long.. I think I could but I'd have to at least rearrange my forge to accommodate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been selling my "things" for a little while online and I'm slowly working up the courage to get my own website.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate this thread. I want every single piece of cutlery I've seen thus far.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been selling my "things" for a little while online and I'm slowly working up the courage to get my own website.

IM inbound
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Y'all got THAT right. This is some NICE workhorse stuff.

The Zombie mace is singing it's siren song into my ear...........

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow great pieces.  I'll be picking up that one handed mace off you in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow great pieces.  I'll be picking up that one handed mace off you in the near future.

you can't go wrong on these.

I've got one of his works of arts and it is certainly a conversation starter.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Me too.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can attest to this. Great works of art!

Edit: I have 4 pieces of his work!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so Ben is the one getting all the one's I want  
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me be more specific.
Check this out
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#22]
how do you attach the handles? rivits?
i'v been wanting to get into a little amature blacksmithing. will prolly just start with stick removal like your doing tho.
whats the diff in the finished process between heat hardening after stock removal, and actualy pounding it out?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Ben:  Nice looking knives and great job on the commissioned work on those knives as well godrilla47 - i'll have to give you a jingle one of these days on something like that.

Peter

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me be more specific.
Check this out

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

how do you attach the handles? rivits?

i'v been wanting to get into a little amature blacksmithing. will prolly just start with stick removal like your doing tho.

whats the diff in the finished process between heat hardening after stock removal, and actualy pounding it out?

I use pins and epoxy. No difference in the finished product because you should normalize after grinding or pounding anyway.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ben:  Nice looking knives and great job on the commissioned work on those knives as well godrilla47 - i'll have to give you a jingle one of these days on something like that.

Peter
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me be more specific.

Check this out

Thank you, It was a good build for a great guy. Feel free to get a hold of me anytime.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Mid-weight Maul/War hammer

Mid-weight Mace

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome.

Par for this thread:)

Keep it up. Love your work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Wicked Cool Work!!!!

Your homegrown buffer was just a tease, need more pics of your shop.  

Keep it coming.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Nice
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#30]
one tool that I desire is a zombie grade boar spear

the cold steel one is a single side affair,

I'm thinking something more stout

pole arms are really awesome

add a war hammer hilt and a back up trident and the zeds won't stand a chance.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
one tool that I desire is a zombie grade boar spear

the cold steel one is a single side affair,
I'm thinking something more stout

pole arms are really awesome
add a war hammer hilt and a back up trident and the zeds at least 2 zeds won't stand a chance.

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#32]
OOOOOOOoooooo!! Smashey Pokey things!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I applaud your creativity, my homemade weapons are my fist and feet, and a little training from chuck norris
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my Gladius a couple of weeks ago and have not been able to do any destroing of targets other than cardboard boxes....

it is great....I love it

godrilla47 does awesome work....
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I applaud your creativity, my homemade weapons are my fist and feet, and a little training from chuck norris

Just one fist! The Chuck Norris training films must be paying off.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Mid-weight Zombie mace..

Bullnose Skinner With a Nasty Skull Puncher.

I'm on Facebook as ZdaySurvivor47 now if anyone wants to check it out.

Enjoy the pictures..

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, I found this thread inspirational.

And in my never ending quest to find things to do on the weekend that don't cost money I tossed together my own zombie smasher today.

Lucky for me I pack rat stuff. I found a hickory maul handle, and a worn motorcycle sprocket and went to town.

I blame you godrilla47 for getting me started on yet another odd hobby.

Sorry the pictures suck, the only camera I have is my iPod

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/48276/2779637190096326192S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/49612/2705086660096326192S600x600Q85.jpg
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, I found this thread inspirational.

And in my never ending quest to find things to do on the weekend that don't cost money I tossed together my own zombie smasher today.

Lucky for me I pack rat stuff. I found a hickory maul handle, and a worn motorcycle sprocket and went to town.

I blame you godrilla47 for getting me started on yet another odd hobby.

Sorry the pictures suck, the only camera I have is my iPod

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/48276/2779637190096326192S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/49612/2705086660096326192S600x600Q85.jpg

Use what you have, that's the spirit! I like it! moar!

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I have purchased some of these fine implements of destruction. All I have to say is frack yeah! Here is a little review of them. I have to say that my picture taking ability is severely lacking.
Up first is the very awesome warhammer.

This hammer is very cool. It is not real heavy, however it has enough heft to really do some damage. It has a solid handle which is a very nice touch. I have a couple other warhammers and they both have a hollow handle, which is not cool. makes them very light and front heavy. This balances very nicely. The gear head for pounding is very effective and the pointy end is pointy. I busted up a dog bone with it. I did not get any pics however I will next time.
Next up is the lightweight mace.

I bought this for my nephew for his birthday coming up. I have not beat anything with it and will let him deal the first blows. This is nice and light (2 lbs), he is 14 and a runt so it should fit him nicely. As with the warhammer the handle is solid so it balances things very nicely. The gear head is very similar or the same as the warhammer so I'm sure it is indestructible as well. I will update this when my nephew pulverizes something with it.
Now we have the mid-weight mace

This is a gift for my brother for his birthday. I like it enough I am probably going to get one for myself as well. This has two gears for a head and will really give a nice smash. The handle is hollow but it is a larger diameter so it has a good balance and weight. At the other end is has a slightly pointy cap for busting zed skulls with ease.
Now we come to the flail.

I saw this go up on his site and I had to have it. This is Amazing! It has the same solid handle as the warhammer and the lightweight mace. The flail is heavy, solid and indestructible. It has  zombie smashing written all over it.
And the big daddy mac of them all. The cudgel.

This puppy is the most badass of the bunch. Coming in at 12 lbs this is a two handed beast from hell that cries out for zed blood. I'm no small guy 6'4" 265 and it is tough to handle one handed. Two handed you can administer some justice with this. Indestructible and one hell of an implement.
And a pic of the whole family for size comparison:

I was going to pulverize some watermelons and coconuts cept I drove all over town and couldn't find any for sale. When the opportunity arrives I will buy some and beat the hell out of them and post pics.
At the end of the day godrilla47 makes some badass zed killing melee weapons. Buy with confidence!

Link Posted: 3/11/2012 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I have purchased some of these fine implements of destruction. All I have to say is frack yeah! Here is a little review of them. I have to say that my picture taking ability is severely lacking.

Up first is the very awesome warhammer.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=warhammerq.jpg&res=medium

This hammer is very cool. It is not real heavy, however it has enough heft to really do some damage. It has a solid handle which is a very nice touch. I have a couple other warhammers and they both have a hollow handle, which is not cool. makes them very light and front heavy. This balances very nicely. The gear head for pounding is very effective and the pointy end is pointy. I busted up a dog bone with it. I did not get any pics however I will next time.

Next up is the lightweight mace.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg851/scaled.php?server=851&filename=lightweightmace.jpg&res=medium

I bought this for my nephew for his birthday coming up. I have not beat anything with it and will let him deal the first blows. This is nice and light (2 lbs), he is 14 and a runt so it should fit him nicely. As with the warhammer the handle is solid so it balances things very nicely. The gear head is very similar or the same as the warhammer so I'm sure it is indestructible as well. I will update this when my nephew pulverizes something with it.

Now we have the mid-weight mace

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg846/scaled.php?server=846&filename=midweightmace.jpg&res=medium

This is a gift for my brother for his birthday. I like it enough I am probably going to get one for myself as well. This has two gears for a head and will really give a nice smash. The handle is hollow but it is a larger diameter so it has a good balance and weight. At the other end is has a slightly pointy cap for busting zed skulls with ease.

Now we come to the flail.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg694/scaled.php?server=694&filename=flailj.jpg&res=medium

I saw this go up on his site and I had to have it. This is Amazing! It has the same solid handle as the warhammer and the lightweight mace. The flail is heavy, solid and indestructible. It has  zombie smashing written all over it.

And the big daddy mac of them all. The cudgel.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg189/scaled.php?server=189&filename=cudgel.jpg&res=medium

This puppy is the most badass of the bunch. Coming in at 12 lbs this is a two handed beast from hell that cries out for zed blood. I'm no small guy 6'4" 265 and it is tough to handle one handed. Two handed you can administer some justice with this. Indestructible and one hell of an implement.

And a pic of the whole family for size comparison:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg197/scaled.php?server=197&filename=familydw.jpg&res=medium

I was going to pulverize some watermelons and coconuts cept I drove all over town and couldn't find any for sale. When the opportunity arrives I will buy some and beat the hell out of them and post pics.

At the end of the day godrilla47 makes some badass zed killing melee weapons. Buy with confidence!

Awesome review and a Baddass collection. I can't wait for watermelons and pumpkins to come in season for some Zday training! Good looking dog in your avatar btw..

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, you have some really cool ideas. How do you heat treat and tempor your larger blades? Do you just have a really long forge? I'd definitely like to see your setup if you can get some pics up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Wow, you have some really cool ideas. How do you heat treat and tempor your larger blades? Do you just have a really long forge? I'd definitely like to see your setup if you can get some pics up.

Here's a couple of pictures of "the beast" my home brew propane forge. The housing is made from a 30 gallon compressor tank. The internal dimensions are 28"x13"x8" which allows me to effectively heat pieces up to 24" long. The internal temp can get up to around 3000F but I only need about half that.. These are older pics I now have the burner closest to the opening facing inward from the top lip of the opening to keep the heat in. I was getting some uh... blow back out of the mouth, I love the smell of burnt hair in the morning.... Live and learn.

I've been meaning to get more shop pics up thanks for the reminder.

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope but it's a start on a halberd...
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Nope but it's a start on a halberd...

I could make the halberd head my issue would be attachment. I couldn't build in a cone shaped piece to fit over the pole. I'd have to sandwich the halberd blade in the pole like with the cold steel trench hawk. It's the same story with a Zed spear or battle axe.

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#47]
That looks like the attachment method used on the TF:

I would think heavy use might split the welds

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#48]
The seldom seen reverse side of the cold steel spear head
Showing the folded and welded construction:

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The seldom seen reverse side of the cold steel spear head
Showing the folded and welded construction:

Oh I know about the ugly other side of the CS spears. I have an assegai with a custom fiberglass handle floating around here somewhere..

When you get it out of the box and you see the pretty side you think "wow!", promptly followed by "really?" when you flip it over.

Automated machine mass production how does it work..
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#50]
So what if you made an acute cut on a pipe and made a tube spear?
It would need a blood "port" on the bottom to promote exsanguination

If you jigged it right, you could cut 2 spears from 1 pipe

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top