Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2011 4:32:17 PM EDT
I want a good boot gun in a decent caliber and decent capacity, in case i somhow get disarmed (by bandits or somthing) ill have a hidden backup, or if i get surrounded by zeds, (i have no desire to get torn apart) i was thinking a small frame .38 special or maybe a sub compact .380, id love a taurus judge but they are a tad bulky, what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Double barrel derringer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Charter arm Bulldog snub nose .44 mag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I always liked the one in Tango and Cash.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've often thought my LCP would make a decent boot gun.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, its basically up in the air between a revolver and a compact semi
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I own both. Here's my thoughts.

S&W M&P340 - Lightweight, but a thick in the cylinder. "Only" 5 rounds, but will go bang everytime you pull the trigger.
Kel-Tec P3AT - Tiny and lightweight, you wont even know its there until you need it. 7 rounds, but "only" a 380. Not as reliable as a revolver.
Kahr CW9 - Larger, but still easily concealed. 8 rounds of 9mm. Again, not as reliable as the revolver.
Kel-Tec PF9 - Replaced by the CW9 because of reliability issues.

Having those i can honestly say that 99% of the time i carry the revolver. Most "young" guys laugh at me because its only 5 rounds, but im not going to battle with it. I carry a speedstrip with 6 extra rounds which i will probably never need, but its piece of mind and doesnt weigh much in my pocket. In the hot Arizona summers i use to carry the P3AT more than anything else, but i like the warm and fuzzy feeling i get carrying the 357.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Smith and Wesson Model 36 38spl snubby.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
A S&W Airweight .38 hammerless.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own both. Here's my thoughts.

S&W M&P340 - Lightweight, but a thick in the cylinder. "Only" 5 rounds, but will go bang everytime you pull the trigger.
Kel-Tec P3AT - Tiny and lightweight, you wont even know its there until you need it. 7 rounds, but "only" a 380. Not as reliable as a revolver.
Kahr CW9 - Larger, but still easily concealed. 8 rounds of 9mm. Again, not as reliable as the revolver.
Kel-Tec PF9 - Replaced by the CW9 because of reliability issues.

Having those i can honestly say that 99% of the time i carry the revolver. Most "young" guys laugh at me because its only 5 rounds, but im not going to battle with it. I carry a speedstrip with 6 extra rounds which i will probably never need, but its piece of mind and doesnt weigh much in my pocket. In the hot Arizona summers i use to carry the P3AT more than anything else, but i like the warm and fuzzy feeling i get carrying the 357.

this is exactly what i wanted, thank you, i think im gonna go with the revolver

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Perfect choice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Double stack Kel Tec  PF11 I think is the model. DAO and 10 to 12 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I like sig so my 2 cents is the p239. It comes in 9mm, .357sig, and .40SW. I would get the .40SW to match my p226.

Just dont get the diamond plate
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Rossi .357 snub...
fits in all your pockets, into the top of your boot...hell, you can even get hat holsters made for them...lol.

I'm currently in the process of retrofitting an old cane that I have that will fit the barrel and mag tube of an old .22 rifle I have as well.. as soon as I figure out how to mount the trigger and cocking mechanism in the handle, I"m solid gold on that puppy!
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Charter arm Bulldog snub nose .44 mag.

+1
I carry the 44spl Bulldog daily,as a primary or a backup.Any of the S&W J frames are also a great choice, particularly the M&P.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
This is relevant to my interest...

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The real qustion is;  what is a good pair of gun boots?  And I mean, what's the best pair of boots to put a gun in?
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The real qustion is;  what is a good pair of gun boots?  And I mean, what's the best pair of boots to put a gun in?

Excellent addition, i need a new pair of boots as well
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Doh! I laughed when my dad said he wanted a boot gun,maybe I need to rethink this.
he went with an LCP and has been happy with it
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
id love a taurus judge but they are a tad bulky, what do you think?

minus the $24 for the team membership, i may have still just saved you a couple hundred bucks...

here, i'll even spare you the team membership fee... @ the box 'o truth, judge revisited

seriously though, i envy tauruss' marketing dept. they could easily sell ice to eskimos, sand to hadjis because somehow they manage to make gun guys think they really need a damned near worthless piece of shit(balisticly speaking) gimmick gun... never ceases to amaze me...

one hand pistol clay pigeon shooting off the back of the deck for shits and giggles is about the only damned thing they 'd be useful for. hell, an airweight type .357 with "snake shot" shot shells would even make a better trail/snake peice(since weight and size would be a factor) with personal defense rounds they'd handle all the heavy hitting shooting requirements better, and with .38 be about as cheap or moreso to shoot than a .410 or .45LCfor plinking/practicing...

.410 pistols available at:
www.butmybuddiessaidtheyarecoolandboughtonesoiwillalso.com,
www.somegunwritergotpaidtosaytheywerebadass.com,
www.iwannabedifferent.com(this site redirects you to www.noweveryoneelseisbuyingonetooandinowrealisei'mridingonabandwagon.com),
and www.igotsuckeredintobuyinggimickydumbshit.com

K.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Kel-tec Pocket clip on the Ruger LCP ......carry in my boot everyday

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
hell might as well put a knife and extra mag on the other boot. also saw a neck holster for the lcp. but i would think it would print with anything less than a cashmere sweater
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent addition, i need a new pair of boots as well
Ok...so what about the boots?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
hell might as well put a knife and extra mag on the other boot. also saw a neck holster for the lcp. but i would think it would print with anything less than a cashmere sweater

it's a back up smarty pants

I want a good boot gun in a decent caliber and decent capacity, in case i somhow get disarmed (by bandits or somthing) ill have a hidden backup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top