Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2017 11:01:22 AM EDT
Just seeing this coverage via the BBC's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/vb.228735667216/10154890879532217/
We are #LIVE outside the National Rifle Association of America's headquarters for a demonstration organised by the Women's March. The BBC's Hetal Gandhi is speaking to NRA supporters and activists from the Women's March about the recent verdict in #PhilandoCastile's death and a controversial NRA commercial - that sparked this event. Share your questions below.
View Quote
The "Laura" person they keep interviewing (a "gun owner for gun control") sounds like she just got her 'token' (first and only) gun several months ago...

Laura claims she was on her college's rifle team, and that NRA membership was required for team members... thus, that she was (technically) a 'former NRA member'.

I don't want to doxx her (which is why this isn't on GD, lol), but I'm wondering whether that can be fact-checked and responded to.

I will also say that this Paul guy is a great spokesperson for our side.    
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny thing, but I don't see them protesting outside the local crack houses, do you?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny thing, but I don't see them protesting outside the local crack houses, do you?
View Quote
Yeah, as hokey as I feel like the slogan comes across, I think they might realize that 'right across from NRA HQ' is truly "Freedom's Safest Place."    
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just seeing this coverage via the BBC's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/vb.228735667216/10154890879532217/
We are #LIVE outside the National Rifle Association of America's headquarters for a demonstration organised by the Women's March. The BBC's Hetal Gandhi is speaking to NRA supporters and activists from the Women's March about the recent verdict in #PhilandoCastile's death and a controversial NRA commercial - that sparked this event. Share your questions below.
View Quote
The "Laura" person they keep interviewing (a "gun owner for gun control") sounds like she just got her 'token' (first and only) gun several months ago...

Laura claims she was on her college's rifle team, and that NRA membership was required for team members... thus, that she was (technically) a 'former NRA member'.

I don't want to doxx her (which is why this isn't on GD, lol), but I'm wondering whether that can be fact-checked and responded to.

I will also say that this Paul guy is a great spokesperson for our side.    
View Quote

Paul is a really good friend of mine.
Patriotpicket.org

NRA TV invited him on yesterday. Want me to ask him anything?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paul is a really good friend of mine.
Patriotpicket.org

NRA TV invited him on yesterday. Want me to ask him anything?
View Quote
Sorry, man... only get on here rarely nowadays so just now seeing this.

Nothing specific, just really liked how professional it all was.

Including the referral from the guy they initially approached.

If Paul's had some kind of training in this... it shows.

If he hasn't... then he should maybe consider doing this sort of thing.

I have a friend who does this (not for guns, but for a different issue).

Not full time, but during the summer mostly she'll get invited out to here or there to 'train the trainer' about how to interact with, engage with, and speak to the media so you put your issue's best face forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top