Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 1:37:59 PM EDT
Here's my after action report from yesterday's events at the Florida Capitol. 

Big thanks to SGB for being there yesterday. 

Yesterday, March 7, 2017 was the first day of the Legislative Session for Florida and with that two 2nd Amendment related bills were up for debate in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The same committee where Open Carry and Campus Carry were killed last year by then Republican Committee Chair Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. As you know, there has been on ongoing issue this year in that same committee. This time with two Republican Senators. 

Senator Anitere Flores, the Florida Senate’s President Pro Tempore. She’s the second most powerful Senator under the Senate President, Joe Negron. The other is Senator Rene Garcia. 

The two bills up for debate were SB 616 and SB 646. SB 616 was about Guns and Court Houses. It would not have allowed concealed carry in the court, it simply would have allowed licensed permitted concealed carry holders to check in their gun with the police/sheriff stationed at the court. Nothing more and nothing less. SB 646 would have decriminalized accidental exposure of a concealed firearm. It would have made it a $25 dollar fine to the Clerk of the Court and a non arrestable offense. 

Both bills were scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee at 4pm. Myself and a number of Florida 2nd Amendment Supporters spent all day at the Capitol meeting with Senators that are part of the Judiciary Committee. 

At 1pm we met with Senator Flores’ Office. We presented the facts and explained why SB 646 needed to be passed, especially after the unjust ruling from the Florida Supreme Court in Norman v State. Then we met with Senator Mayfield’s Office at 2pm. Senator Mayfield’s Staff stated with no uncertain term that she supports SB 646 and she does not agree with the Court ruling in Norman v State. Mr. Norman lives in her district and she found it appalling to what happened to him. 

At 3pm we met with Senator Garcia. With our group was a current FSU student that was raped on campus in 2014. She told Senator Garcia in person that she was raped on campus and then asked him if he would support Campus Carry. Senator Garcia flat out stated no that he will not support it. Senator was also asked if he’d support Open Carry and he said no. 

At 3:30pm we then met with Sen. Steube to discuss SB 646 and of course the actual elephant in the room. SB 644 (Legitimate Open Carry) and SB 622 (Legitimate Open Carry). We asked Sen. Steube if Senate President Joe Negron will use his constitutional authority to places these bills directly for a floor vote in the Senate and he stated that it does not appear that Senate President Negron will not do such an act.  We were unable to get word directly from Senate President Joe Negron. Also no word from the House on where their Pro Gun Bills are at the moment either. 

We then attended the Committee Meeting at 4pm. The first 2nd Amendment bill to be heard was SB 616 (Courthouse gun check in). During the debate. Sen. Flores openly stated that she will only vote for this bill because it is very limited in scope and she does not support Campus Carry, Airport Carry, School Carry, or Open Carry. Senator Garcia then stated that he shares beliefs and supports Senator Flores’ statements and furthermore he then went on about mental health. 

Senator Flores stated “I do not support guns on campus, I do not support having guns in airports and I do not support guns in school zones. I don’t support those things.” 

Senator Garcia stated “I want to echo the sentiments Sen. Flores stated.” 

I must say, Senator Debbie Mayfield stood strong in the opposition that is Senator Flores and her lackey Senator Garcia. Senator Mayfield said “I am one of those that believe it is a God given right for us to protect ourselves and to carry a gun.” 

As of this point, Campus Carry and Open Carry is dead in Florida unless Senate President Joe Negron pulls these bills out of committee and move them directly to a floor vote. Senator Greg Steube is fighting an uphill battle this year. Sadly, for a State under Republican control since 1996, it appears that once again Republicans are killing Pro Gun Legislation by smothering it in the cradle via committee and worse it is being done by Senate President Joe Negron’s top lieutenant and the second most powerful person, Senator Anitere Flores. 

Senator Flores was given a 100% A+ rating by the NRA in 2015 and the NRA endorsed her for her bid to run for Florida Senate in 2010. 

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They better have a VERY good excuse....

.... Like if campus carry polled a %20 favorability rating in their state or something

There is the political game to be played, so if it would help a democrat get elected then I HYPOTHETICALLY could understand

.... That said its time for the NRA to downgrade thier rating
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
@Modern_Musket
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.... Like if campus carry polled a %20 favorability rating in their state or something

There is the political game to be played, so if it would help a democrat get elected then I HYPOTHETICALLY could understand

View Quote

Anything less than the NRA immediately revoking her rating and releasing a statement of public condemnation is unacceptable. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagging for NRA response, and unfortunately I am not very surprised by the actions of the establishment(s).
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh look....

NRA rated Miguel Diaz de la Portilla an A when he was the one fucking Florida gun owners over and it seems that they did the same exact thing with Anitere Flores as she's doing the same.

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Old School Tag
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Figures
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure why you guys think an NRA endorsement means they're pro-gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]
If it is too small, right click and open it in a new tab/window.

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NRA's Marion Hammer finally speaks up from the sidelines.....

Florida Report: Sen. Anitere Flores Turns on Law-abiding Gun Owners 
DATE:March 8, 2017
TO:USF & NRA Members and Friends
 USF Executive Director
 NRA Past President

SB-646 Open Carry and SB-616 Courthouse Carry by Sen. Greg Steube were both scheduled to be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, between 4:00-6:00pm.

However, when SB-616, the first of the two bills came up, committee member Sen. Anitere Flores conducted questioning of the Chairman and bill sponsor, Greg Steube, and then made her anti-gun statement declaring her intentions regarding pro-gun bills.

That bill subsequently passed 5-4 and the other 3 other progun bills on the committee agenda were temporarily passed over and not brought to a vote.

Some in the media are now suggesting that all pro-gun bills are now dead for the year.

We hope the following helps you understand where we are at this point in time.

Below is a link to Sen. Flores' antigun statement as well as a "victory" photo of her with the Florida leader of Bloomberg's "Moms Demand Action."

Here's the link to what many are calling the Flores "State of the Senate" speech in Judiciary Committee yesterday.

https://youtu.be/4xdGA4Cm670

and the link to the photo Michelle Gajda, the Florida leader of Bloomberg's "Moms Demand Action" anti-gun group posted this after the hearing

https://twitter.com/michelle_gajda/status/839247611160821760

A reporter questioned me about what happen and these are my responses:

"I cannot tell you why Sen. Flores suddenly turned on law-abiding gun owners because I do not know.  (Until yesterday she had a 100% rating with NRA and USF)

I cannot tell you if Sen. Flores was acting on her own behalf or on behalf of the Senate President or Senate Leadership because I do not know.

I cannot tell you whether or not she has the power to kill all pro-gun bills and not allow the Senate to vote on them because I do not know.  But -- as the old saying goes -- "it ain't over 'till it's over,"  and this is only Day 2 of the 2017 Legislative session.

And finally, am I giving up for this session? ABSOLUTELY NOT.  I represent law-abiding gun owners statewide and they depend on me to fight for them and I will."
View Quote

MARION HAMMER WASN'T EVEN THERE!!!!!!

Only Eric Friday of Florida Carry and Shayna Lopez-Rivas of FSU Students for Campus Carry was there. Ms. Lopez-Rivas and I were working together all day yesterday along with our very own FLHTF Moderator SGB and a Committee Member of the Okaloosa County GOP.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I would bombard Marion Hammer with emails (keep it clean) and ask her WTF is going on here?

[email protected]  is the general mailing address for Unified Sportsmen of Florida - her lobbying group for the NRA.

I have her a ton of crap last year when Open Carry was killed because my "R" Rep voted against it.  And he got an ear full as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would bombard Marion Hammer with emails (keep it clean) and ask her WTF is going on here?

[email protected]  is the general mailing address for Unified Sportsmen of Florida - her lobbying group for the NRA.

I have her a ton of crap last year when Open Carry was killed because my "R" Rep voted against it.  And he got an ear full as well.
View Quote

Here is the info on UNIFIED SPORTSMEN OF FLORIDA, INC.

Address: 110 S Monroe St # A, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Phone: (850) 222-9518
Email: [email protected] 

From Florida SunBiz Records

Last Event: ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT 
Event Date Filed: 09/25/2015.

Principal Address:
110-A SOUTH MONROE ST TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301 

Mailing Address:
P.O. BOX 1387 TALLAHASSEE, FL 32302

Registered Agent Name & Address
KAHN, D. STEPHEN
200 W. College, Ste 311-E
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301

Officer/Director Detail Name & Address 

Title VP 
PATRONIS, JOHN
RT 3, BOX 456
HAVANA, FL 32333

Title Director 
SCHROEDER, CHERRY
2332 TREE RIDGE LANE
ORLANDO, FL

Title D 
MENDIOLA, RUBEN
8950 N.W. 27 STREET
MIAMI, FL 33172

Title ST 
MALLOY, JOHN
110-A SOUTH MONROE ST.
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301

Title P 
RUBIN, GLEN
11725 SW MEADOWLARK CIR
STUART, FL 34997

Title ED 
HAMMER, MARION P.
110-A S. MONROE STREET
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301

Marion Hammer has a For Profit Business. 

MY SECRETARY OF TALLAHASSEE, INC.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
What next?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What next?
View Quote
Harass the every living fuck out of Joe Negron would be my plan of attack. No emails.... phone calls and letters. 

December 2015: Senate President-designate Joe Negron sidesteps gun bill controversy

District Office:
3500 Southwest Corporate Parkway
Suite 204
Palm City, FL 34990
(772) 219-1665
Senate VOIP: 42500
FAX (772) 219-1666
Toll Free (888) 759-0791

Tallahassee Office
305 Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
(850) 487-5025
Senate VOIP: 5025

He has an additional office since he's the Senate President.

Office Mailing Address:
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
Phone: (850) 487-5229
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Among the pro-gun bills Flores supported before she flipped are: Firearms in National Forests, Firearms in vehicles in parking lots, Prohibiting firearm discrimination in adoptions, the “Pop Tart legislation, Allowing tax collectors to process concleaed permit applications and 2005’s Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground bill.

In 2010, she signed the State Legislator Amicus Brief in the landmark McDonald V. Chicago case, which was pending before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Instead of the standard NRA Questionnaire, she wrote a personal letter in July 6, 2016 and sent to Marion Hammer https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3512802-Anitere-Flores-2016-Election-Letter.html.

The letter stated the following.

“I have always been and will continue to be a fierce defender of our constitutional rights,” Flores wrote. “The Second Amendment, in particular, guarantees a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms that government has no right to infringe upon. During my years in public service, my record shows that I have acted in accordance with these beliefs and values."

Sen. Flores voted in favor of every pro-gun bill she ever saw except for two absences and now she turned on us and sided with Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action.

I know why. She bashed our Constitutional Rights on the rock of despotism for political career advancement since she wants to run for Miami Mayor. 

Marion Hammer says she doesn't know.... it is pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Amazing.... from July 6, 2016 to March 7, 2017..... such a reversal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
En route to Capitol to confront Sen. Flores on her betrayal of FL Gun Owner w/ her NRA Letter

I am en route right now to confront Sen. Flores' betrayal to FL Gun Owners. In July 2016 she sent a letter to the NRA stating that she fully supports the 2nd Amendment.  

Then in January after the Ft. Lauderdale Terrorist Attack she sided with Democrats to call for a Special Session for Gun Control. 

Then on March 7, 2017 she stated this during a committee hearing. 

I have the original NRA letter and I will be hand delivering it to the Senator and wanting an answer on why the change and why she is allying herself with Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action. 

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I want an explanation for this. If the NRA wants my continued funding, support, and time they have to earn it. Shrill letters blathering about the UN begging for money are not going to cut it. There are other places my money can and will go.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Waiting in her office right now.....

I haven't confronted with the letter her but I did ask for thirty seconds of her time. So I wrote this while waiting. She told me to wait so I am.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#22]
She's still in her office and won't come out. I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She's still in her office and won't come out. I'm still waiting.
View Quote

Doesn't like to hear from her voters... just the people who throw money at her.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Sending this by certified mail with signature requirement and will also hand deliver one.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Below is the statements Anitere Flores have stated over the past 8 months and were flip flopping on gun rights and how and why she is the way she is. Remember, on July 5, 2016. Anitere Flores sided with gun grabbing Democrats and voted 'Yes' for a Special Legislative Session to be called for Gun Control after the Pulse Nightclub Terror Attack and then the very next day she sent out a letter to the NRA asking for their endorsement and support for her 2016 Campaign.

“I have always been and will continue to be a fierce defender of our constitutional rights, the Second Amendment, in particular, guarantees a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms that government has no right to infringe upon. During my years in public service, my record shows that I have acted in accordance with these beliefs and values. It is with that in mind that I humbly seek to be re-elected into the Florida Senate so that I may continue to be a strong advocate for our rights in Tallahassee.”
Anitere Flores – July 6, 2016 Letter to NRA Executive Director Marion P. Hammer when asking for NRA Endorsement and Support for her 2016 Election. 

"We see now, with this latest attack, that we need to take a comprehensive look at gun laws in the state of Florida and find the best way to balance the individual rights of the people to own guns versus public safety.”
Anitere Flores – January 13, 2017 (Miami Herald) when calling for a special session for gun control. 

"I do not support guns on campus; I don’t support having guns in airports; I don’t support having guns in school zones. I don’t support these things.”
Anitere Flores – March 7, 2017 (Florida Senate Judiciary Committee) while debating SB 616. 

"Guns issues will continue to be debated, I don’t know if they’ll continue to be debated in this committee. These are bills I wouldn’t be in support of.”
Anitere Flores – March 7, 2017 (Florida Senate Judiciary Committee) while debating SB 616.  

“It doesn’t mean a blanket ‘no’ to everything; it doesn’t mean a blanket ‘yes’ to everything. It means that I’m open to debating the issues.”
Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (Miami Herald) 

“The 2010 district was different than the 2012 district, and the 2012 district was different than the 2016 district, so it’s obviously very different. But my stance since I’ve been in the Senate on guns has been, I think, rather consistent, in that I reflect the majority of my constituents.”
Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (WFSU News) 

“First and foremost, I think the way the NRA and some of your supporters have categorized my position. Yesterday made it seem like it was a surprise. Or that I had shared with them that I would be voting for these bills and all of a sudden I flipped. Um, but if you look at not just you know my career. You look at what’s happened particularly in the last year. Um, through my public statements you’d know that I have been very consistent.”
Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (The Florida Times-Union) interview with Tia Mitchell 

“On background, I started in the legislature in 2004, representing a very homogenous group of people that was very, very conservative in the House. I got elected to the Senate in 2010 under one district, that district changed in 2012, and that district changed really dramatically in 2016. And so particularly since then I’ve had to go out and earn votes of brand new members and voters in a district that changed very dramatically. The district went heavily for Hillary Clinton, yet I won and outperformed Hillary Clinton by about 10 votes, err 10 points. Why did that happen? Because an issue like gun issues is somewhere where I was able to say ‘you know, here is where I can reflect my constituents’”.
Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (The Florida Times-Union) interview with Tia Mitchell 

"And so, let’s take Open Carry for example. I represent all of Monroe County. Monroe County depends heavily on tourism. And the tourism industry in Monroe County; several individuals have said ‘we have some concerns if open carry is allowed because people get a little scared, people start to worry’.” 

"And so even with guns on campus is the last couple of years. I have statements that I said I’m not comfortable with guns on campus. I represent a State University; I still represent that same State University; FIU. ‘Go Panthers’. And now I represent two different community colleges. One’s in Miami the other in Monroe. My point in saying all of this, is that I really don’t think that it should be a surprise.”

“Listen, when there was a call for Special Session over the summer about gun legislation. I was the only Republican that said ‘Ya, you know what. I’m not afraid to talk about it and discuss these issues.’ So I think to say that it came as a surprise to the NRA, um, I’m surprised that they’re surprised.”

“I feel that what I’ve done is reflective the views of my community, reflective the views of the people who elected me, and reflect the views of a lot of people in the State of Florida that want to feel safe and the debate on whether or not inserting more guns makes us safer, that’s not final.”

"Anything that goes beyond that (checking firearms at the courthouse door) I will not allow in the Senate. My word and my commitment is something that I hold to be very sacred.”
Anitere Flores – March 11, 2017 (Tallahassee Democrat)

So in summary. Flores has stated that she changes position to stay in elected office, that she will run roughshod over Floridians rights to self defense for the tourist industry, that she claims that she'll listen and debate pro gun legislation and and she will kill it cold in committee, and that she claims that government has no right to regulate and infringe on the 2nd Amendment yet she'll block any bill that that would restrict the government from infringing on the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#26]
My Open Letter to Senator Flores. 

Senator Flores, 

You claimed in July 6, 2016 that you supported the 2nd Amendment and that government had no right or authority to infringe upon those rights. You very own words state that. 

"I have always been and will continue to be a fierce defender of our constitutional rights, the Second Amendment, in particular, guarantees a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms that government has no right to infringe upon. During my years in public service, my record shows that I have acted in accordance with these beliefs and values. It is with that in mind that I humbly seek to be re-elected into the Florida Senate so that I may continue to be a strong advocate for our rights in Tallahassee.” 
Anitere Flores – July 6, 2016 Letter to NRA Executive Director Marion P. Hammer when asking for NRA Endorsement and Support for her 2016 Election. 

But the very day before (July 5, 2016) you voted 'Yes' for a Special Session for Gun Control after the Pulse Nightclub Terror Attack. You sided with Democrats and wanted to go after Floridians' gun rights and you have the nerve to send a letter the very next day stating that government has no authority to restrict the 2nd Amendment. What shame! As a Floridian and a Voter I feel betrayed. I once lived in your district and when you ran for Senate. I proudly supported you. 

Furthermore, I have spent my hard earned vacation time at the Capitol this year fighting for better gun rights. Not as a Lobbyist but as a private citizen. I've had to take time off from work so I can voice what so many fellow Floridians think. WE WANT BETTER GUN RIGHTS! And when I go to your office. I get nothing. Not even thirty seconds of your time to meet with me and answer my questions. You'd rather go on Facebook with Ms. Tia Mitchell (a paid reporter) then meet with me. An actual voter. For shame Senator.... FOR SHAME! 

You have claimed to speak for your voters. Then why aren't you listening them? Why the two faced answers to the media? Senator, your statements to the media show your true color. You'd violate your oath as a Senator and flip flop to stay in power. Your actions speak louder than words and so far Senator, they are deafening! Here are you own words Senator. 

I feel that what I've done is reflective the views of my community, reflective the views of the people who elected me, and reflect the views of a lot of people in the State of Florida that want to feel safe and the debate on whether or not inserting more guns makes us safer, that's not final.” Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (The Florida Times-Union) interview with Tia Mitchell  

The 2010 district was different than the 2012 district, and the 2012 district was different than the 2016 district, so it's obviously very different. But my stance since I've been in the Senate on guns has been, I think, rather consistent, in that I reflect the majority of my constituents.” Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (WFSU News) 

First and foremost, I think the way the NRA and some of your supporters have categorized my position. Yesterday made it seem like it was a surprise. Or that I had shared with them that I would be voting for these bills and all of a sudden I flipped. Um, but if you look at not just you know my career. You look at what's happened particularly in the last year. Um, through my public statements you'd know that I have been very consistent.”  

Listen, when there was a call for Special Session over the summer about gun legislation. I was the only Republican that said 'Ya, you know what. I'm not afraid to talk about it and discuss these issues.' So I think to say that it came as a surprise to the NRA, um, I'm surprised that they're surprised.”   

"On background, I started in the legislature in 2004, representing a very homogenous group of people that was very, very conservative in the House. I got elected to the Senate in 2010 under one district, that district changed in 2012, and that district changed really dramatically in 2016. And so particularly since then I've had to go out and earn votes of brand new members and voters in a district that changed very dramatically. The district went heavily for Hillary Clinton, yet I won and outperformed Hillary Clinton by about 10 votes, err 10 points. Why did that happen? Because an issue like gun issues is somewhere where I was able to say 'you know, here is where I can reflect my constituents'”.   

You would rather sell out the Self Defense Rights of all Floridians for the Tourist Industry. 

"And so, let's take Open Carry for example. I represent all of Monroe County. Monroe County depends heavily on tourism. And the tourism industry in Monroe County; several individuals have said 'we have some concerns if open carry is allowed because people get a little scared, people start to worry'.”  

Worst though is as a member of the South Florida Hispanic Community and as a Cuban American, your actions insult those that fought against the Despotic Regime in Cuba. You have slapped the face of the fine men and women in our 'Patria' that have struggled to fight and flee the death grip of Castro's Communist Oppression. You state that government has no right to violate, regulate, control, and infringe upon the rights of Floridians and yet there you are in the Senate spouting such statements like these! 

"We see now, with this latest attack, that we need to take a comprehensive look at gun laws in the state of Florida and find the best way to balance the individual rights of the people to own guns versus public safety.”  
Anitere Flores – January 13, 2017 (Miami Herald) when calling for a special session for gun control.  

"I do not support guns on campus; I don't support having guns in airports; I don't support having guns in school zones. I don't support these things.”  
Anitere Flores – March 7, 2017 (Florida Senate Judiciary Committee) while debating SB 616 

You claim to be open to debate and yet you then say nothing shall pass while you're in office. Which is it Senator? Are you for open debate or are you like the Castro Regime and do anything in your power to prevent true open debate and the free exchange of ideas? 

"Guns issues will continue to be debated, I don't know if they'll continue to be debated in this committee. These are bills I wouldn't be in support of.”  

It doesn't mean a blanket 'no' to everything; it doesn't mean a blanket 'yes' to everything. It means that I'm open to debating the issues.”  
Anitere Flores – March 9, 2017 (Miami Herald)  

Senator, you campaign as someone that wants to protect women. Yet here you are against Campus Carry. When I was at the Capitol on March 7, 2017 I met with your office. Your office knows of Ms Shayna Lopez-Rivas. She was there with me in your office that day. She told her story, that she was the victim of a violent sexual assault and rape on the campus of FSU and yet you have the nerve to say this two days later. 

"And so even with guns on campus is the last couple of years. I have statements that I said I'm not comfortable with guns on campus. I represent a State University; I still represent that same State University; FIU. 'Go Panthers'. And now I represent two different community colleges. One's in Miami the other in Monroe. My point in saying all of this, is that I really don't think that it should be a surprise.”  

So instead of allowing women to defend themselves on Campus, you'd rather they be victims of violent sexual assaults and worse? You bring up FIU. It isn't the first and sadly the last time that there has been someone found dead on FIU's campus. Back in 2011, the body of 29-year-old Lisbel Garcia was found on the west side of the five-story Red Parking Garage on FIU's Modesto A. Madique Campus. 

You state that your word is scared Senator. You said it yourself.  

"Anything that goes beyond that (checking firearms at the courthouse door) I will not allow in the Senate. My word and my commitment is something that I hold to be very sacred.”  
Anitere Flores – March 11, 2017 (Tallahassee Democrat) 

So far all I've seen from your words is two faced hooliganism that can be compared to a Government Official of the Castro Regime spouting webs of lies. You flip flop faster than a snow bird sunning themselves on South Beach. You pose and smile with MIchelle Gajda of Moms Demand Acton (a known Anti-2nd Amendment Organization) all the while you campaigned less than 6 months ago that you were a "fierce defender of our constitutional rights" and begged the NRA for an endorsement and support of your campaign. 

Well, Senator Flores. I can thank you on one thing. You have encouraged, no, dare I say inspired me.... to do everything within my power to fight for my and my fellow citizens' gun rights. And I'm going to do this running for the 2018 Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association. Floridians and Americans all alike need strong voices in the NRA to keep people like you from using such a fine organization for your own twisted ill-gotten political games. And just to make it clear. I didn't say we, because you clearly aren't part of that group of citizens that actually care about the Constitution and the Rights of the People. 

In the end Senator, I will spend every day, hour, and minute I have at the Capitol this Legislative Session speaking the truth of your two faced lies. I will spread the truth via every means possible. Because 'En boca del mentiroso, lo cierto se hace dudoso y Al mentiroso le conviene ser memorioso' (In the mouth of a liar, what is certain becomes doubtful & Liars must remember the untruths they have told, to avoid contradicting themselves at some later date). 

I want to let every voter know that what you say cannot be trusted. You can count on that Senator. 

Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#27]
@Modern_Musket

I'd like to hear an NRA response from this as well.  Some accountability would be awesome here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Senator Rene Garcia,

You aren't innocent in this either. I will see you at the Capitol too.

On March 8, 2017 you stated that you'd holdout for more tax payer funding for mental health. You said that in this very article; Want Rene Garcia's vote? Start talking mental health.

Senator Garcia, you said the following:

"I can't find myself voting for any bill that does not have a mental health component to it," he said. "Making sure that we invest more money into the system, making sure that people have access and treatment abilities. That is my main focus."

The article states "Garcia has become even more concerned about widespread gun access, particularly among people in a mental health or substance abuse crisis who might be more likely to commit a violent crime."

"Every time we have this issue of guns, we have this debate in a vacuum," Garcia said. "And we always forget that at least when you look at the massacres that have happened across this nation and here in Florida, a lot of the common denominator has been a lack of mental health diagnosis or a lack of treatment." - Senator Rene Garcia; March 8, 2017 Tampa Bay Times. 

You are holding our rights to defend ourselves from the very mentally unstable you want to treat. And you're doing this by withholding votes for more tax dollars. I can almost say Senator, that you're misguided but have a good heart. But in reality that isn't the truth. 

Here's an idea Senator. Instead of withholding your vote and using innocent Floridians' lives as the bargaining chip. How about you crack open that dusty American Civics text book in your office and read the Constitution.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It doesn't mean that you can withhold and restrict citizens from having the ability to defend themselves. Virginia Tech was done by someone with mental issues. What did the shooter do? He chained the exits to the building and calmly went and killed his victims. But you'd rather restrict the law abiding from being able to defend themselves. If one of the victims was your child, wouldn't you want to give them a gun to defend themselves in that situation if you could?

Senator Garcia; you gladly restrict the law abiding from defending themselves by continuing with the failed logic of "Gun Free Zones". Over and over it has been proven that criminals and the mentally unstable don't care about signs, placards, and window graphics saying that guns aren't allowed. The only people that are disarmed are the law abiding.

At FSU, Mr. Nathan Scott along with two fellow students were shot by Myron May. A 31 year old mentally disturbed individual. Mr. Scott was a lawfully licensed concealed carry permit holder. Mr. Scott was disarmed by restrictions you are defending. On November 20, 2014 Mr. Scott was working on campus as a library and museum assistant and his desk was outside the security barriers to the Strozier Library where would-be mass killer Myron May opened fire. If Mr. Scott was armed he could have engaged the shooter instead of being shot and having to flee.

"After he was shot, he ran inside to warn others,” Mr. Scott’s friend Daniel Francis told the Tallahassee Democrat. “All of his friends and I were super-proud that he would be shot and further risk himself to go warn others.” - November 21, 2014, Tallahassee Democrat. 

Mr. Scott was injured and hospitalized, a second student was treated and released on scene, and a third, biomedical engineering student Ronny Ahmed, is paralyzed. If Mr. Scott wasn't disarmed by the laws you're defending right now. Could possibly not be paralyzed.

On March 7, 2017; Ms. Shayna Lopez-Rivas and I met you in your office. Ms. Lopez-Rivas is the victim of a sexual assault and rape on FSU's campus. She told you in person her story of the violent attack on her and how she was unable to defend herself because of the restrictions you are defending today. Ms. Lopez-Rivas was within walking distance of FSU's police station and she was raped at knife point. 

Maybe you need to hear Ms. Lopez-Rivas' story again and she can say it far better than I in her own words. "I was already raped once off campus my freshman year of college, but this time I used pepper spray. This time I ran, heading for those blue lights staggered around campus to signal the police I was in danger. I did everything right but when he pulled a knife I stopped fighting. Instinct told me to cooperate if I didn’t want to get stabbed to death, and here I am today—sitting at Starbucks, simultaneously trying to remember the exact details and forget this ever happened." Ms. Lopez-Rivas further has said, "While President Thrasher and university officials would have you believe that I am not defenseless, and even, that I am safe on campus, I would beg to differ. I already used pepper spray once; do you want to know how that ended for me? I was left shaking and crying, half naked on campus grounds, with cut marks all over my body. That’s what pepper spray did for me."

And what did you say Senator when she told you what happened? When she asked you if you'd support Campus Carry and allow women to truly defend themselves? You said 'NO'. Once again.... you told a rape and sexual assault victim that she can't defend herself. 

You claim to be a champion on equality and fairness. I guess to you, fairness only applies to the criminals and rapists. Do you support campus rapists instead of campus self defense?

I can say this, Former Representative Michelle Rehwinkel Vasilinda is a far better elected official than you are. She was herself the victim of a violent sexual assault. The difference is she had her gun with her and was able to use it to defend herself and she herself said "I understand that this bill is not about sexual assault or sexual battery," and "But it is about self-defense and I would vote for every woman to be able to have that tool if they so desired." Amazingly her luck was that she was in her residence when the attack happened and it happened to be off campus. If she was on campus it might have been an issue altogether different. Even she said that. "I think my life might've had a different trajectory --a different path, and I might've been a different person today had that rape been perpetrated." But once again, the fates had the attack happen off campus and Representative Michelle Rehwinkel Vasilinda was armed and able to defend herself.

But you Senator, you feel that women should be disarmed on Campuses. College and University Campuses aren't just classrooms. They're places of employment like Starbucks, Book Stores, and Offices. They're homes to thousands of adult students State wide. Students working long hours in libraries studying or long hours working off campus and walk back to their dorms in the dead of night and are the victims of muggings, rapes, and violent assaults. Employees, Faculty, and Staff that work on Campus do the same. Many of them go to their offices long before sunrise and walk to their cars in darkly lit parking lots long after the majority of students are done and the sun has set. They too are victims of violent predators. But again Senator, you feel that they don't warrant the right to defend themselves. 

You represent Hialeah; the City of Progress. Well Senator, you aren't representing that progress. Your actions aren't progressing women's rights. You aren't progressing women's equality. You aren't progressing women's safety. All you're progressing is a culture of weakness and crime. You're progressing a rapists and muggers. Hialeah is a wonderful place. But you aren't a wonderful part of it. 

Senator, you have given me the determination and drive to fight for my fellow citizens. I go to the Capitol as a private citizen, I have to burn my vacation time to be there. But I will be there. I will exercise my 1st Amendment Rights to defend my fellow citizens' 2nd Amendment Rights. You have made me proactive to the point that I can actually thank you. You aren't term limited and I am running for the 2018 Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association. The NRA gave you an 'A' rating. When I win, not if, but when I win that election. I will make sure that the NRA knows the truth about you sir and I'll make sure that they strip you of that rating.

Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#29]
She flipped. She will have her endorcement pulled. I will be going down to Florida to cause problems for her, but she is term limited. She is looking for local government positions and offices.
Congress is straight out of the question unless she switches parties.

Modern Musket now works for the NRA and he will most likely be unable to respond.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
She flipped. She will have her endorcement pulled. I will be going down to Florida to cause problems for her, but she is term limited. She is looking for local government positions and offices.
Congress is straight out of the question unless she switches parties.

Modern Musket now works for the NRA and he will most likely be unable to respond.
View Quote
Shoot me an IM when you're coming down. I'm down for causing a ruckus. I can give you the grand tour.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Something more than crickets is going to have to come out of the NRA if you don't want my money going to GOA and 2ndAF instead. I have been a member for close to a decade and want an explanation for this dropping of the ball.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#32]
What a rotten bitch

Clarification:

She agreed to see you, then blew you off?

Did they tell you to come back later, or did you leave on youre own accord?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh look....

http://i.imgur.com/oyp9qkm.png

NRA rated Miguel Diaz de la Portilla an A when he was the one fucking Florida gun owners over and it seems that they did the same exact thing with Anitere Flores as she's doing the same.

https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif
View Quote
That's based on previous 2A voting, a rating and doesn't mean the NRA supports them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I have submitted a number of public record requests with the Florida Senate and the Secretary of State's Office. So far I have gotten the emails. They're two different sets. 

Remember, on July 6, 2017 she sent her letter off to Marion Hammer and the NRA. 

Well, the emails show that she 100% supported the call for a special session for gun control. I have also requested the actual completed poll Secretary of State Ken Detzner sent to Senator Flores. I have the blank one the Secretary of State sent but I don't have the completed one. 

And worse off.... on March 28, 2017 Flores once again stalled the committee hearing on SB 646 (Decriminalization of Brief Exposure of a Firearm). It was scheduled to the meeting and Senator Steube had to pull it again because of Flores. 

So between the emails, the letter she sent to the NRA, and as soon as I get the completed poll back. There will be enough physical evidence to prove that Flores flip flopped and can't be an honest politician. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.      From: Secretary of State [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:40 PM
To: Flores, Anitere <[email protected]>
Cc: McRea, William <[email protected]>; Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]>; Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]>
Importance: High

Subject: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016

Please find attached the Department of State’s poll pursuant to section 11.011(2), Florida Statutes. The voted and signed poll must be returned to the Department of State by Noon, Tuesday, July 5, 2016.

Best regards,
Ken Detzner
Secretary of State

2.      From: Anitere <[email protected]>
Date: June 28, 2016 at 2:15:38 PM EDT
To: "Vasquez, Lissette" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016

I am a yes on this

Senator Anitere Flores

On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:59 AM, Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]> wrote:

FYI
Lissette Vasquez
Legislative Assistant
Office of State Senator Anitere Flores
District 37
10691 North Kendall Drive
Suite 309
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 270-6550
(850) 487-5037
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.      From: Charlotte Twine [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 10:33 AM
To: Flores, Anitere (Web) <[email protected]>
Cc: Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]>; McRea, William <[email protected]>

Subject: speak with Senator Flores?

Senator Flores:
How are you? I am a reporter for the Florida Keys Free Press. Would it be possible to speak with you about your vote on the special legislative session on gun control a few days ago? I would just take a minute of your time. Or, if it’s easier to connect via email, just let me know. Thanks!

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16
http://www.keysnews.com

2.      From: Yohana de la Torre [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 12:39 PM
To: [email protected]

Subject: Fwd: speak with Senator Flores?

Charlotte:
Thanks for reaching out. What is your deadline? I’ll try and set up a phone interview for you.
Thanks,
Yohana

Yohana de la Torre
(239) 896-4695
[email protected]

3.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]>
Date: July 8, 2016 at 5:13:26 PM EDT
To: "'Yohana de la Torre'" <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>

Subject: RE: speak with Senator Flores?

Hi Yohana:
Thanks for your email. My deadline is Monday at noon. If a phone interview isn’t possible by then, it would be great if Senator Flores could at least answer these two questions via email:
--Senator Flores, why did you vote yes for a special legislative session on gun control?
--Was this a difficult decision for you, since it goes against traditional Republican party lines?
That’s it, thanks!

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16

4.      From: Anitere [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:07 AM

Subject: Special session on guns

Dear Charlotte,
Thank you for reaching out. Sorry we couldn't connect via phone earlier.
As a legislator, my job is to discuss and debate the pressing issues facing our state. The tragic shooting in Orlando left many questions unanswered relating to our gun laws. For example, Why did someone questioned twice by the FBI have access to a semi automatic rifle?
The shooter did not care what political party his victims were a member of. Republicans and Democrats alike should come together to have an honest discussion on the issues. I, for one, will never fear the debate.
Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.
Thanks!

Senator Anitere Flores

5.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]>
Date: July 11, 2016 at 10:26:10 AM EDT
To: "'Anitere'" <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>

Subject: RE: Special session on guns

Hello Senator:
Thanks so much for your answers. Yes, I’m sorry we were unable to connect via phone. These should be enough, but I’ll contact you very soon if I need anything else.

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Silence from the NRA is not impressing me much.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Same here..... also from the FL GOP too.

The Local GOP Chapter sent me an email wanting me to badger Sen. Bill Nelson to get him to not block Gorsuch for SCOTUS.

This was my response to them.

As a Florida Republican, you want me to tell Democrat Senator Bill Nelson to confirm  Judge Gorsuch for SCOTUS.

I understand why.

But please answer me this.

Why is it when I have asked the FL GOP and the Leon County GOP to confront and correct the issue with Republican State Senator Anitere Flores blocking pro gun legislation in the Senate Judiciary Committee I get nothing but silence?

Once again, a FLORIDA REPUBLICAN  is blocking pro 2nd amendment legislation from passing a committee and reaching the Senate Floor for a vote.

Once again a FLORIDA REPUBLICAN as Senate President is not bypassing the committees and bringing it straight to a floor vote.

On June 28, 2016; Senator Flores was polled by Secretary of State Ken Detzner. The poll asked her if she supports a Special Legislative Session to be called for gun control. Senator Flores voted yes for the Special Session. Senator Flores then sent a gushing letter to the NRA begging for their endorsement and she stated that government has no right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.  Yet a week before she voted yes for a Democrat sponsored Special Session for Gun Control!

Since then she has made statement after statement stating that she does not support Floridians 2nd Amendment Rights. 

Why the silence from the FL GOP and the Leon County GOP?

I've been a Republican since my early teen years. I campaigned for GOP Candidates when I was in high school and couldn't even vote yet. I have voted straight party ticket every election. Yet time after time it is Republican Senators and Representatives in the Florida Legislature that blocks and kills pro gun legislation from passing. I have brought this issue up numerous times and I get nothing but silence. 

I WANT AN ANSWER.

You want me to do the ground work to get Judge Gorsuch confirmed for SCOTUS. Then I want my answers, no more and no less.

Miami_JBT

Here is the email record proving it and the letter she sent to the NRA. 

1.      From: Secretary of State [mailto:[email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:40 PM 
To: Flores, Anitere <[email protected]
Cc: McRea, William <[email protected]>; Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]>; Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]
Importance: High 

Subject: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016 

Please find attached the Department of State’s poll pursuant to section 11.011(2), Florida Statutes. The voted and signed poll must be returned to the Department of State by Noon, Tuesday, July 5, 2016. 

Best regards, 
Ken Detzner 
Secretary of State 

2.      From: Anitere <[email protected]
Date: June 28, 2016 at 2:15:38 PM EDT 
To: "Vasquez, Lissette" <[email protected]
Subject: Re: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016 

I am a yes on this 

Senator Anitere Flores 

On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:59 AM, Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]> wrote: 

FYI 
Lissette Vasquez 
Legislative Assistant 
Office of State Senator Anitere Flores 
District 37 
10691 North Kendall Drive 
Suite 309 
Miami, FL 33176 
(305) 270-6550 
(850) 487-5037 

1.      From: Charlotte Twine [mailto:[email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 10:33 AM 
To: Flores, Anitere (Web) <[email protected]
Cc: Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]>; McRea, William <[email protected]

Subject: speak with Senator Flores? 

Senator Flores: 
How are you? I am a reporter for the Florida Keys Free Press. Would it be possible to speak with you about your vote on the special legislative session on gun control a few days ago? I would just take a minute of your time. Or, if it’s easier to connect via email, just let me know. Thanks! 

Best, 
Charlotte 
Charlotte Twine 
Staff Writer 
Florida Keys Free Press 
305-853-7277 ext. 16 

2.      From: Yohana de la Torre [mailto:[email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 12:39 PM 

Subject: Fwd: speak with Senator Flores? 

Charlotte: 
Thanks for reaching out. What is your deadline? I’ll try and set up a phone interview for you. 
Thanks, 
Yohana 

Yohana de la Torre 
(239) 896-4695 
[email protected] 

3.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]
Date: July 8, 2016 at 5:13:26 PM EDT 
To: "'Yohana de la Torre'" <[email protected]
Reply-To: <[email protected]

Subject: RE: speak with Senator Flores? 

Hi Yohana: 
Thanks for your email. My deadline is Monday at noon. If a phone interview isn’t possible by then, it would be great if Senator Flores could at least answer these two questions via email: 
--Senator Flores, why did you vote yes for a special legislative session on gun control? 
--Was this a difficult decision for you, since it goes against traditional Republican party lines? 
That’s it, thanks! 

Best, 
Charlotte 
Charlotte Twine 
Staff Writer 
Florida Keys Free Press 
305-853-7277 ext. 16 

4.      From: Anitere [mailto:[email protected]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:07 AM 

Subject: Special session on guns 

Dear Charlotte, 
Thank you for reaching out. Sorry we couldn't connect via phone earlier. 
As a legislator, my job is to discuss and debate the pressing issues facing our state. The tragic shooting in Orlando left many questions unanswered relating to our gun laws. For example, Why did someone questioned twice by the FBI have access to a semi automatic rifle? 
The shooter did not care what political party his victims were a member of. Republicans and Democrats alike should come together to have an honest discussion on the issues. I, for one, will never fear the debate. 
Please let me know if you need anything else from my end. 
Thanks! 

Senator Anitere Flores 

5.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]
Date: July 11, 2016 at 10:26:10 AM EDT 
To: "'Anitere'" <[email protected]
Reply-To: <[email protected]

Subject: RE: Special session on guns 

Hello Senator: 
Thanks so much for your answers. Yes, I’m sorry we were unable to connect via phone. These should be enough, but I’ll contact you very soon if I need anything else. 

Best, 
Charlotte 
Charlotte Twine 
Staff Writer 
Florida Keys Free Press 
305-853-7277 ext. 16 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#37]
NRA is just as guilty for not responding...
We fund flip-flopping politicians & organization's & never get satisfaction.
But, they keep getting richer!
Multiple phone calls & letters get you no response to elected officials or NRA...
Been there done that....
They both just suck money from your wallet!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Open carry in public venues is, under normal circumstances,  counterproductive and tactically deficient. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Open carry in public venues is, under normal circumstances,  counterproductive and tactically deficient. Just my .02.
View Quote
Freedom of choice beats your .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top