Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 5:45:00 PM EDT
So I got a package from NRA saying I'm nominated for the NRA "National Patriot's Medal" by Wayne Lapierre and can accept by joining the Golden Eagles for the measly sum of 200 per year.

What is this and are my 2nd amendment $'s better spent giving to orgs like NRA ILA or VCDL?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
it's a fundraising ploy - though you'll get a real fake medal out of it if you pony up

probably more goes to the cause by donating to nra-ila
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, for 200 bucks I'll send you a medal. What do you want it to be for?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a Golden Eagle...so I'm a bit familiar with the program.

Here is where your money goes as taken from the NRA website:

That is why the Golden Eagles are so vital, especially now.  The NRA Golden Eagles is a contributory membership.  The annual dues primarily go towards programs such as youth hunter education, youth shooting sports, the NRA School Shield program, and the Eddie Eagle Gun Safety program.

The Golden Eagles are here to welcome and support the next generation of 2nd Amendment enthusiasts and supporters.  Through these programs we teach safety, responsible gun ownership, and respect for the traditions and freedoms passed on to them by their parents and grandparents.

So if you're looking to invest your money into a political issue driven purpose, I would suggest either of the two choices you mention. I'm involved in both organizations and known the great works of both.  

Hope that helps you brother!

Thanks also for your high level of support for the NRA!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the clarification Joe, going to look into it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I just got one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top