Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:42:46 AM EDT
The execution-style murders of eight Ohio family members Friday were “methodical and well-planned,” officials said Sunday, revealing the investigation had uncovered three marijuana growing operations — while also warning residents who felt they were in danger to “to be armed.”

The deceased were found on four rural Ohio properties, shot to death. Most were apparently sleeping when they were killed. Three young children -- including a 4-day-old infant -- were also found unharmed at the crime scenes.

“This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals,” Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said. “It was a sophisticated operation. And those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution.

“This is not your case where someone got mad at somebody else, shot him, there’s a witness, two witnesses. It’s a very, very different kind of case.”

Authorities have not yet named a suspect and have yet to say how many people may have been involved. They said none of the victims died from a suicide.

All the victims were members of the Rhoden family: 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr.; his 16-year-old son, Christopher Rhoden Jr.; 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden; 38-year-old Gary Rhoden; 37-year-old Dana Rhoden; 20-year-old Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden; 20-year-old Hannah Gilley; and 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden.

DeWine said a force of at least 100 investigators had already received more than 100 tips and conducted more than 50 interviews. Five search warrants had been executed and the four crime scenes had been evaluated and secured. DNA technicians were currently examining 18 pieces of evidence at a state crime lab.

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said he advised other members of the “targeted” Rhoden family that they could be in danger and advised them to be armed.

DeWine initially “would not comment” on whether drugs were involved, but eventually revealed that marijuana growing operations had been uncovered in three locations.

Read more at: Fox News

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Weed grow-ops aren't normally something people get killed over. I wonder what really happened.

ETA: Was this intended to be posted in NRA Activism?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weed grow-ops aren't normally something people get killed over. I wonder what really happened.

View Quote

Yes it was......I thought it was notable that the Sheriff called for family members to arm themselves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes it was......I thought it was notable that the Sheriff called for family members to arm themselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You certainly don't get a lot of those quotes lately from law enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen brother....Amen!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
...Yep, we've got a lot of pro-gun (i.e. "common sense") sheriffs in this state... Richard k. Jones (of Butler Co. OH) is one of the more regular outspoken supporters of RTKBA....

Dewine (the AG) has also been pretty supportive in his tenure as AG...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually I believe he said "anyone concerned" should be armed, not just family and friends.

Maybe just trivia.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The latest is suspected Mexican Cartel.  Seems the family was encroaching on someone else's business.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The latest is suspected Mexican Cartel.  Seems the family was encroaching on someone else's business.
View Quote

That what I think also.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually I believe he said "anyone concerned" should be armed, not just family and friends.

Maybe just trivia.
View Quote

Anytime a brother or sister in law enforcement publicly states to "arm yourselves" its certainly notable.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top