Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:13:52 PM EDT
The White House said Monday that Republicans concerned about Syrian refugees waging terrorist attacks in the U.S. should focus their energy instead on banning guns sales to people on the government’s terrorist watch list.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said lawmakers’ failure to stop suspected terrorists from purchasing guns in the U.S. “is a pretty clear indication that Republicans in Congress are more interested in playing politics, and more scared of the NRA, than they are concerned about doing the right thing for our national security.”

Read more at: Washington Times
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Until they're convicted of a crime, f&ck off!!  If they're not US citizens they can't buy anyway.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Until they're convicted of a crime, f&ck off!!  If they're not US citizens they can't buy anyway.
View Quote

There are lots of people here who can buy a gun who aren't US citizens.    That's not the limiting factor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I really wish the republican conservatives would put that shit head in his place. when he says shit like this.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There are lots of people here who can buy a gun who aren't US citizens.    That's not the limiting factor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a generalized statement.  I didn't want to list all the visas where you can get still buy guns
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was a generalized statement.  I didn't want to list all the visas where you can get still buy guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of people who think you have to be a citizen to buy one, or at least should be.   IIRC a green card holder doesn't have an issue buying one, and there were probably  some other options  which work, but it's never been a big concern for me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure our .gov has classified various U.S. groups as 'terrorists'.

Tea Party comes to mind.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Fortunately, We The People, have access to OUR pens, keyboards, and cell phones.  Use them to call, write, & email any and all that supports, denies, on-the-fence, liars, uninformed, and needs information.  
For example, I will be sending thank you notes and encouragement to:

Sheriff Paul J. Van Blarcum, Ulster County
Ulster County Law Enforcement Center
380 Boulevard
Kingston, NY 12401

Carry your guns

Detroit Police Dept
James Craig, Chief of Police
502 Randolph St
Detroit, MI 48226

Armed Citizens Curb Terrorism Threat

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Headquarters
Sheriff Joe Arpaio
550 West Jackson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Stop Terrorism

The Innerwebz is your friend!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
People with a green card are for all intents and purpose a citizen, they just aren't officially a citizen and can't vote (and aren't prohibited from owning guns).

People on any other visas can buy guns if they belong to a gun club or have a hunting license. Only illegal aliens can't have one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
IF Gun Owners of America had 4 mil members, we wouldn't have to worry about gun control.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The sad part is that they will obey....
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:42:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IF Gun Owners of America had 4 mil members, we wouldn't have to worry about gun control.
View Quote

Why?

How about gun owners, citizens, just vote. We would have this, no problem.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top